Michael Jacobs

DcFc Dyycheee

Maybe if you put your actual point across with what you are writing you might not look like you are talking such rubbish.

I think I've been pretty clear in saying he ain't good enough and that he is on loan for a reason, that reason not being that he has a glorious future with us. You want to try reading my posts, the actual words not what you think i'm saying, before you consider whether a critique is required

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who watched Gillingham vs Wolves on TV last night will agree he looked class for that standard.

He is 100% not better than Dawkins, Russell or Ward.

However he is better than Bennett at the moment.

He would be a great player to have on the bench however if we sold him that would provide funds for elsewhere. 

Shame he could never really solidify a first team place because whenever he came on for Derby he looked like he would create a chance. 

If we're still in the Champ next year (obviously very unlikely  :rolleyes: ) I'd expect Jacobs to be wanting to take Ward's place in the squad, he's obviously got some talent and I hope the temptation of play-off/PL football with us is strong enough.

He's also got some skills that Ward, Dawkins and Russell don't offer or aren't as good at as him; his delivery and free-kick specialties. Ward offers some of that but other than the full backs, no one else can really wip in crosses that well. Looking at the last 15 minutes of the Wigan game it would have been useful to have had someone crossing in from the right other than Wisdom on the overlap. Obviously, Ward and Bryson have both scored free-kicks but they've struggled to get any consistency to their set-pieces. Great evidence for him is the infamous Ssausagehorpe game, in which he got 5 assists. 

As Rynny's just said I think he'll be around a bit but I'd hope he'd go back on loan to them til the end of the season and come back a more confident player.

Anyone who watched Gillingham vs Wolves on TV last night will agree he looked class for that standard.

He is 100% not better than Dawkins, Russell or Ward.

However he is better than Bennett at the moment.

He would be a great player to have on the bench however if we sold him that would provide funds for elsewhere. 

Shame he could never really solidify a first team place because whenever he came on for Derby he looked like he would create a chance. 

I dont care what anyone says, I think Jacobs is decent and I'd be annoyed if we sold him. Last night he looked class, was Wolves best attacking threat. Far better than Sako who was absolute pony,

Controversial, but I think Russell is over rated on here. Yes I see the potential but he hasnt done much so far in my eyes. I appreciate he's been injured and deserves more time, but what he's done on the pitch hasnt been that impressive imo. 

Jacobs has got a lot of ability and will come back from Wolves a far more confident player. 

Isn't that what every manager says - it keeps value high rather than telling clubs we want rid

Nope. I quite clearly remember NC coming out and saying there were 7 players that no longer figured in our plans and all were free to find another club.

Also seen Mourhinio say that Mata is free to leave if he wants.

Just two examples without doing any research.

NC said that - was vilified for it and probably thought we won't get much for them last year of contract would be better to get the wages freed up rather than try to get a good fee.

Mata - l Chelsea would get a good fee regardless of what the manager said.

Jacobs has 1 more year km his contract, would get significantly less if we said yep he can leave compared to making out we still want to keep him

I dont care what anyone says, I think Jacobs is decent and I'd be annoyed if we sold him. Last night he looked class, was Wolves best attacking threat. Far better than Sako who was absolute pony,

Controversial, but I think Russell is over rated on here. Yes I see the potential but he hasnt done much so far in my eyes. I appreciate he's been injured and deserves more time, but what he's done on the pitch hasnt been that impressive imo. 

Jacobs has got a lot of ability and will come back from Wolves a far more confident player. 

I'm sorry, I would have to disagree here. I feel Russell is far stronger and brings other players into play with his clever turns and lay-offs, He will be a big success for us if he can get over this early spell of bad luck with injuries. Jacobs has found his level in League 1. But that's the joy of a forum. We all see thing differently.

Jacobs must have a future at Derby. I see huge potential in him. It hasn't been a great time for him so far. No game time + bad coaching + negative tactics put him in this situation. Under our new setup I think he could flourish. He always looks a threat. 

"I dont care what anyone says, I think Jacobs is decent and I'd be annoyed if we sold him. Last night he looked class, was Wolves best attacking threat. Far better than Sako who was absolute pony,"

And aren't Florist bidding £2m for Sako - nice one Billy, you have not changed.

Archived