Michael Jacobs

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£200k for someone so young and raw, with so much potential seems a bit cheap.

I wonder whether we've found McClaren's achilles heel, selling players cheaply/badly. Didn't he virtually give Bamford away to Chelsea?

I can only assume Jacobs has some unknown physical condition, or is absolutely useless in training, cos I've seen enough in his brief career to suggest that with good coaching he could go very far in the game. When you consider the likes of Stewart Downing and Adam Johnson, how well could Jacobs do?

I wonder whether we've found McClaren's achilles heel, selling players cheaply/badly. Didn't he virtually give Bamford away to Chelsea?

I can only assume Jacobs has some unknown physical condition, or is absolutely useless in training, cos I've seen enough in his brief career to suggest that with good coaching he could go very far in the game. When you consider the likes of Stewart Downing and Adam Johnson, how well could Jacobs do?

Surely this is Chris Evans at work, McClaren says if he wants him or not, Evans does the deal. Was also Cotterill in charge when they got rid of Bamford

I've watched Jacobs loads in U21s and just can't see much potential in him. Goes down blind alleys

We are looking to improve the team and squad too be challenging for and eventually playing in the prem, And in my opinion Jacobs isn't good enough to be a regular at that level.

Tidy little player, But very one footed, Not very fast and also gets knocked off the ball to easily.

He would struggle against prem fullbacks.

I've watched Jacobs loads in U21s and just can't see much potential in him. Goes down blind alleys

even the best get accused of this. But I'd rather have someone trying to get through, than another Gary Teale who doesn't. You only need to get past the defence once and then they're in trouble.

Think we need to start getting used to this - selling players who haven't done much wrong, just aren't quite what's required.

Since the turn of the millenium, we've been signing players based on flurries of form, or on little more than a whim (Darren Currie, anyone?), and spunking them out left right and centre as soon as they don't look any good.

Players like Leacock and Cywka who we once considered decent players for a top 6 Championship team have turned into lower Championship/League One players.

Jacobs is a fantastic winger, but he's young and he needs games - playing for a big club at League One level is probably the best place for him. Can we even promise him games next season?

Not sure Derby and Michael Jacobs are an ideal match at the moment. Wolves is better for him. I liked him as a player, bit of a shame it didn't work out, but I wish him all the best. We've still got Ward, Russell, Dawkins and Bennett - four terrific wide players/inside forwards at this level, all of whom I'd pick over Jacobs at present. 

Surely this is Chris Evans at work, McClaren says if he wants him or not, Evans does the deal. Was also Cotterill in charge when they got rid of Bamford

Yes, Cotterill was in charge when Bamford was sold.

No. Wrong manager.

even the best get accused of this. But I'd rather have someone trying to get through, than another Gary Teale who doesn't. You only need to get past the defence once and then they're in trouble.

Never looks up though when he gets past his man and is often greedy and his final ball is hopeless

Archived