Michael Jacobs

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he still has a future here

I'm inclined to disagree, i'm not sure he is of the 'quality' that Mac envisages here,( see Ramsam,) he was right for NC's vision, but i think Mac is looking to build for bigger and better things....  :cool:

Yes. I don't think Jacobs brain works quick enough at this level. Same as courts really, very technically capable but decision making is not good enough

I'm not sure yours does........courts?

Coutts.

That's because he's out on loan - started for Wolves on Thursday and scored.

People go out on loan for 2 reasons - because he's excess baggage at the club or is 'one for the future' and needs some game time he wouldn't otherwise get.

Not sure which one applies yet.

10/10 on observation, i know he is on loan but sorry i didn't spell it out for you - in my mind you don't send players out on loan if they are likely to make the bench, particularly with the way SM uses his subs. So perhaps jumping the issue and expecting everybody else's mind to work in the same warped way as mine does but for me the very fact that he is on loan means he ain't good enough for the bench. Hand on heart if we are looking at a Premiership future then Crackers is not likely to be part of that future

10/10 on observation, i know he is on loan but sorry i didn't spell it out for you - in my mind you don't send players out on loan if they are likely to make the bench, particularly with the way SM uses his subs. So perhaps jumping the issue and expecting everybody else's mind to work in the same warped way as mine does but for me the very fact that he is on loan means he ain't good enough for the bench. Hand on heart if we are looking at a Premiership future then Crackers is not likely to be part of that future

That is a warped view, you are correct.

Getting 90 minutes week in week out somewhere else or sitting on our bench, perhaps getting 5 minutes or perhaps nothing. Not going to get better to start games doing the latter.

What an absolute load of rubbish.

Virtually every top player you ever see has spent time on loan somewhere when they were his age.

That Beckham on loan at Preston - he'll never be a success.

What an absolute load of rubbish.

Virtually every top player you ever see has spent time on loan somewhere when they were his age.

Sorry, I see what you're saying - you think he is a top player. Truth is I don't. Going on loan doesn't always mean that a player is going to develop into something special, sometimes it does but more often it doesn't. Putting a player on loan can be done for many reasons but the key two are to either develop the player or to put them in the shop window without disrupting the first team. In my view it is clearly the latter, i like the player but he "ain't the answer" and I think that if he was SM would have kept him closer bringing him on for half an hour here and there

You obviously think otherwise, fair enough - I've not derided anything you have said I have simply stated my view but what i haven't done is said anybody is talking RUBBISH - seems somewhat counter to having a discussion on any subject to deride another

Sorry, I see what you're saying - you think he is a top player. Truth is I don't. Going on loan doesn't always mean that a player is going to develop into something special, sometimes it does but more often it doesn't. Putting a player on loan can be done for many reasons but the key two are to either develop the player or to put them in the shop window without disrupting the first team. In my view it is clearly the latter, i like the player but he "ain't the answer" and I think that if he was SM would have kept him closer bringing him on for half an hour here and there

You obviously think otherwise, fair enough - I've not derided anything you have said I have simply stated my view but what i haven't done is said anybody is talking RUBBISH - seems somewhat counter to having a discussion on any subject to deride another

Maybe if you put your actual point across with what you are writing you might not look like you are talking such rubbish.

Archived