Sheff Utd fans views on NC

McMuffin

Thing is Lambert came out publicly saying he couldn't give a toss about the cup, so why would the players? not saying they went out to lose but the players wouldn't have been up for it like the Sheff Utd players. I'd have been more shocked had Villa won today.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this is the Football Talk board on a Derby forum, you do not have to read every thread. Don't like it don't open the thread, it says what it is on the tin.

Oh yeah? Never seen a thread go off topic here have we?

Boycie had a perfectly good glory hunter thread!

Lambert and Villa let them win they want out of the cup to concentrate on the League. Why bump this thread up it should be locked

Isn't that a bit of a childish statement? Saying that professional footballers didn't have enough pride in themselves to let a team from two divisions lower beat them in front of their own supporters - ridiculous!! 

Isn't that a bit of a childish statement? Saying that professional footballers didn't have enough pride in themselves to let a team from two divisions lower beat them in front of their own supporters - ridiculous!!

I want out of this thread so I'll let you win or I might have to spend all my time in it and get distracted from other things or even get injured .

I'm interested in Clough's career, not Shedfield United. So I'm interested in this thread. I was interested in his time at Burton, obviously at Derby, and wherever he may go in the future.

I'm interested because my Mym tells stories of watching him play with his Dad at the park when he was still in short trousers. So there is not than a hint of nostalgia.

But I'm also interested because he has pretty much cornered the market on the long game, the slow burner being at Burton for 10 years, an being with us so long he wa about the 4th longest serving manager. I'd like to see if he continues that pattern in Sheffield, and can prove that you can get good results without chopping and changing managers every two months (ahem, Forest). So I'm also interested in Shefield United fans views, if they're likely to try to get rid within a few months.

I'm really interested to see how this pans out. And well done to him for the victory today. Got to love a cupset, whatever else you might think.

PS that's why this is in the Football Talk section, because of general footballing interest, and not in the Derby County section, because it's got nothing to do with Derby County. Makes sense to me, don't really understand why some people aren't getting it.

I am kind of interested because i worked in sheffield and know a few united fans.

Also it is always interesting to see what our ex.-managers do next.

Because it's pathetic to keep bringing Clough up all the time. We are DCFC

Do you still want an apology, or would you settle for a hug?

Also it is always interesting to see what our ex.-managers do next.

I agree with that. I keep particular watch for wee Billy. I have an irrational dislike for him.... but only because of the way he behaved.

On the other hand, I want NC to do well. I think he's made a very decent start at Sheffield.

Of course, my main interest continues to be the Rams and I'm looking forward to a couple of really good permanent signings this month to help Steve take us to the next level.The money is available apparently.

You're just doing it now to see if curtains will read it.

Its not big and its not clever

I see Sheff Utd got a late winner! Good old Nige going for the win!

You are spot on. I must admit that I for one have never been for big and clever.

That's another thing. We often talk about Wee Billy, and google with glee when he does something stupid, because we almost entirely agree he's a cock. Similarly whenever Jewell is lucky enough to get himself a job for a few months. There's even a thread about Todd coming back to English football. So why shouldn't we talk about Clough's career beyond Derby.

And Clough left with, I think, his reputation with us in reasonable nick. I like to think that, if we were to play Sheffield United, he'd be welcomed back warmly with no specific hard feelings, so we should (although I know not all do) wish him well with his future endeavours.

Archived