Sheff Utd fans views on NC

McMuffin

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said it years ago, Clough is a very basic manager and you should have got rid a long time before you did. Your recent upturn in form only highlights what a poor job he was doing at Derby

I wonder how long it will be before the everyday regular Forest fan comes round to the fact that Steve McClaren perhaps isn't the worst manager of all time? 

I said it years ago, Clough is a very basic manager and you should have got rid a long time before you did. Your recent upturn in form only highlights what a poor job he was doing at Derby

Didn't you also say that Forest would get promoted?

There has not really been a recent upturn in form.

Since NC left we have drawn at home with Ipswich and Birmingham, the only outstanding result was the away win at Watford.

There has not really been a recent upturn in form.

Since NC left we have drawn at home with Ipswich and Birmingham, the only outstanding result was the away win at Watford.

Maybe not, but the fans are back and Prid......... the iPro seems buzzing again.....?

Maybe not, but the fans are back and Prid......... the iPro seems buzzing again.....?

Not disputing that, I would also say that I have the football much better to watch. I know NC had us playing good possession football but I thought it was quiet boring watching Keogh to Buxton to Keogh to Buxton to Keogh to Forsyth to the opposition.

I was merely disputing Red Dawns point that there has been an upturn in our form.

Not disputing that, I would also say that I have the football much better to watch. I know NC had us playing good possession football but I thought it was quiet boring watching Keogh to Buxton to Keogh to Buxton to Keogh to Forsyth to the opposition.

I was merely disputing Red Dawns point that there has been an upturn in our form.

You can't really count the Ipswich match for either manager, but in Mac's 5 games in charge and NC's last 5 the form is/was

Mac: 3 Wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat.

NC: 1 Wins, 1 draw, 3 defeats.

There's clearly been an upturn in form over a short 5 game period. Both managers had tough games, whether the recent good form can be sustained though a tough winter is a different matter.

That was often NC's failing, He would start a season pretty well, then our form would nose dive at some point in Dec/Jan.

You can't really count the Ipswich match for either manager, but in Mac's 5 games in charge and NC's last 5 the form is/was

Mac: 3 Wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat.

NC: 1 Wins, 1 draw, 3 defeats.

There's clearly been an upturn in form over a short 5 game period. Both managers had tough games, whether the recent good form can be sustained though a tough winter is a different matter.

That was often NC's failing, He would start a season pretty well, then our form would nose dive at some point in Dec/Jan.

Fair comment and I suppose the facts back that up.

The 3 defeats for NC were Burnley, Reading and Forest the 3 victories for SM were Watford, Leeds and Sheff Wed, so I think we are comparing apples with pears.

The only result which may have shown any upturn in form in my opinion was the win at Watford but other than Forest we were already winning away games.

Fair comment and I suppose the facts back that up.

The 3 defeats for NC were Burnley, Reading and Forest the 3 victories for SM were Watford, Leeds and Sheff Wed, so I think we are comparing apples with pears.

The only result which may have shown any upturn in form in my opinion was the win at Watford but other than Forest we were already winning away games.

Fair point, although we can only really compare the 5 games either side of the change.

If you take the defeat at QPR for Mac (where we ran them close) as a very tough game, then the Brum game is his only disappointing result in his 5 and it wasn't even a defeat. 

Promising signs. Let's hope they continue.

I couldn't find any updates last night on Sheff Utd, which for a Derby County forum is strange.

Brilliant win yesterday for the best manager the league has ever seen.

If we had him at Derby we'd have smashed Bournemouth by at least 2 instead of scraping a flukey ginger one niller.

He must be a genius, he's got a 60% win record, that puts him up there with the likes of Mourinho and Ferguson but  still quite a bit behind Tony Pullis at Palace.

McMuffin must be choking on his breakfast muffins otherwise he'd have been the first to mention it. Its only a matter of time before a real CEO takes over at Derby and brings him back to finish the job he was so close to getting right.

Rush out, Clough in.

Bang that drum.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived