Sheff Utd fans views on NC

McMuffin

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the time we have wasted, makes me so mad I could spit.

That's abit harsh... I wouldn't say it was a wasted 5 years any more than Arsenal fans saying the past 8 years have been a waste for them.

We never completed our target of PL football but it wasn't disastrous in that we're not struggling near the bottom of L1

That's abit harsh... I wouldn't say it was a wasted 5 years any more than Arsenal fans saying the past 8 years have been a waste for them.

We never completed our target of PL football but it wasn't disastrous in that we're not struggling near the bottom of L1

That's practically a compliment - lol

I'd love to see Nige do well anywhere, he seems like a terrific bloke. It's a shame it didn't work out at Derby for many reasons (primarily because I'm a Derby fan - well duh!). I've definitely started taking an interest in the Sheff Utd results, I'd like to see him turn them around.

Yeh funny how this thread pops up again after they lost. Why didn't you bring it up when they won their FA Cup fixture last week? I'm genuinely curious to hear your answer.

To be honest wasn't aware as Derby were playing that day probably.

Due to it being international week there jack ***** to watch so had to contend with soccer Saturday so been getting reg updates on there.

Is that ok for you?

Now I'm not saying I'm not a little smug about his struggles either!

Don't like him end of.

That honest enough your lordship?

Yeh funny how this thread pops up again after they lost. Why didn't you bring it up when they won their FA Cup fixture last week? I'm genuinely curious to hear your answer.

I don't think anyone has any real problem with Clough..

I'd guess the satisfaction comes on here... I can't imagine many other managers that have divided such opinion between fans than Clough.. There were more people in the Clough in or Clough out camp than the neutral camp.

Clough failing will probably give satisfaction to those that were abused and talked down at by those who were in the Clough in camp on here.. Whilst I receive no satisfaction (I really don't care about him now) I was in the Clough out camp and I had many petty arguements on here.. I'm sure someone else in a similar position to me is probably feeling quite smug everytime Clough's side loses just so they can feel like they were in the right..

I'm sure if Clough does an excellent job there will be some smug posters on here saying that they always knew he was a top manager etc. etc.

I'd guess the satisfaction comes on here... I can't imagine many other managers that have divided such opinion between fans than Clough.. There were more people in the Clough in or Clough out camp than the neutral camp.

Clough failing will probably give satisfaction to those that were abused and talked down at by those who were in the Clough in camp on here.. Whilst I receive no satisfaction (I really don't care about him now) I was in the Clough out camp and I had many petty arguements on here.. I'm sure someone else in a similar position to me is probably feeling quite smug everytime Clough's side loses just so they can feel like they were in the right..

I'm sure if Clough does an excellent job there will be some smug posters on here saying that they always knew he was a top manager etc. etc.

Well put Bris agree with that

I did not want him at Derby from the outset, and never altered my stance, but with regards to him personally I have nothing whatsoever against him.

I wish him well and hope he does a good job, strewth  he got five years here not five games, give the bloke a break.

To be honest wasn't aware as Derby were playing that day probably.

Due to it being international week there jack ***** to watch so had to contend with soccer Saturday so been getting reg updates on there.

Is that ok for you?

Now I'm not saying I'm not a little smug about his struggles either!

Don't like him end of.

That honest enough your lordship?

Ah so it all boils down to your personal agenda? Quite pathetic really - you'd think think he'd taken us to the non-league with the way you harp on.

Not many Clough apologists starting/dragging up threads every time he wins though are there eh? Funny that.

I take your point Bris. The difference for me is the pettiness of starting/continuing a thread because he's lost a whole 2 games as Sheffield United manager. I agree that if he did well there probably would be a few people feeling smug deep down, but no one's banging the drum for him when he wins the odd match are they? 

I don't mind people offering up a balanced view of his reign thus far at SUFC, such as yourself and Smiffy, but when people seem to revel in his misfortune for the sake of it, it does come across as a touch malicious and incredibly petty. 

I noticed on both occasions when SUFC won under him, and yes it did cross my mind that I could mention it on here. Ultimately though I decided against it as a) it provokes those who didn't want him here unnecessarily, b) it's in the past now and I'd rather focus on the future with Mac and c) I'm not a petty person who likes scoring cheap points. 

Archived