watches....to dream on for

froggg

2 hours ago, David said:

@Cisse, how often would you get a Tag serviced?

Think mine needs to go in already, I have it on a winder when not wearing as I have a Breitling now for everyday wear. Went to put it on and it was like 15 minutes too fast. Reset it, by the end of the day was already 5 minutes out. Only had it maybe 3/4 years.

There are different opinions on how often you should service your watch. Perhaps you could say that most common advice is to get it serviced 3-5 years. Now that there are more advanced parts in watch calibers the gap between services is growing. Some manufacturers say you can wait even up to eight years.

One approach is to get the first service pretty early, say 3-5 years depending on the brand. I get my first service in five years if there isn't anything special going on. After that I can wait even up to ten years on the second one if everything is going smoothly.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Got given an Orient Ray 2 dive watch to commiserate my advancing years.

It's really nice. Black dial and bezel. On a rubber strap which I prefer to bracelets anyway. Running about +15sec/day (within specs) but will maybe settle down with regular use. 

Pics?

3 hours ago, Rev said:

My wife bought me a cheap watch for our anniversary, and had it engraved.  

Perfect present, a daily wearer rather than something that gets locked in a safe when not being worn, like my other one.

This is what it’s all about, buy one and wear it.  I can’t be doing with all this Willy waving, to be honest there’s that many fakes about everyone thinks their fakes anyway.  Unfortunately that’s ruined the glory, and as for the “well I know it’s real” just buy gold bullion and stick it in a vault.

11 hours ago, Boycie said:

This is what it’s all about, buy one and wear it.  I can’t be doing with all this Willy waving, to be honest there’s that many fakes about everyone thinks their fakes anyway.  Unfortunately that’s ruined the glory, and as for the “well I know it’s real” just buy gold bullion and stick it in a vault.

Women have diamonds , men have watches ( and cars)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

People dream about watches? Really?

I love watches , don’t know why but I love the engineering of it especially automatic models , not too bling though ,

im a sucker for gadgets too , just upgraded my robot lawn mower , the thing is brilliant , works off gps satellites with no boundary wire which the dogs keep breaking and it does the stripes , 4 wheel drive so it doesn’t get stuck in little holes the dogs dig and churn the grass to buggery , if you told me 40 years ago I would be the kind of bloke desperate to keep a nice lawn I would have thought you were mad 😂

Edited by Archied