Individual perfomances.

Mostyn6

Performers  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right, obviously I have been tracking these through-out the season so far. I have seen every minute of every game, and been looking out on a purely subjective manner at times.

I haven't really looked through the thread yet (i will after) but noticed mostyn said that no-one expected much from Forsyth, and I would argue very differently. Forsyth was brought in as a sole contender for a starting 11 place, and so far he has played in every single game. So, he is very accountable for his performances - which as I will come to have been poor.

I watched about 22/23 games last season, out of 46 and to get an exact view on the team in hindsight wasn't very clear cut and that's why I thought I would start this, I think it has certainly helped analyse the performances and the players that perform well against us. 

I will do a list of all the constant performers, who've played (>50% of the games):

Overall Performance Values(league and cup included)

1st - Craig Bryson - 13 games - 6.7 - 2 MOTM
2nd - John Eustace - 8 games - 6.6 - 1 MOTM
3rd - Chris Martin - 13 games - 6.5 - 3 MOTM

4th - Jake Buxton - 13 games - 6.5 - 2 MOTM

5th - Johnny Russell - 11 games - 6.2 - 1 MOTM

6th - Will Hughes - 13 games - 5.9 - 1 MOTM 

7th - Lee Grant - 14 games - 5.9 - 1 MOTM

8th - Adam Smith - 9 games - 5.8 

9th - Richard Keogh - 13 games - 5.6
10th - Jamie Ward - 9 games - 5.3
11th - Craig Forsyth - 14 games - 5.2 - 1 MOTM

everyone else has fell below the line of having played less 50% games, 1 appearance is equal to more than 45 minutes.

For me, everyone under a 6 is under-performing. I could be marking quite strict, but for me a 4 or less is where your performance has been detrimental to the team. 5 is where you've literally added nothing, 6 is your average, 7 is a good performance, 8 is very good and 9 is obviously outstanding! I guess 10 is unattainable but if I see it I will let people know. 

The problem that some people have is what I had last season, seeing less than half the games! so (mr. tibbs) asked me to do an away and home form for each of the players. I will share that here.

Home Form ( league only )

Eustace – 3 games – 7.0

Bryson – 6 games – 6.0

Martin – 6 games – 5.8

Russell – 5 games – 5.6

Hughes – 6 games – 5.5

Buxton – 5 games – 5.4

Ward – 4 games – 5.25

Freeman – 3 games – 5.0

Smith – 4 games – 5.0

Keogh – 5 games – 4.8

Grant – 6 games – 4.8

Forsyth – 6 games – 4.7

Away Form ( League Only )

Bryson – played 5 – 7.4

Martin – played 5 – 7.2

Buxton – played 5 – 7.2

Grant – Played 5 – 7.0

Russell – played 5 – 6.8

Ward – played 4 – 6.8

Hughes – played 5 – 6.6

Smith – played 3 – 6.3

Keogh – played 5 – 6.2

Forsyth – played 5 – 5.8

Eustace – played 3 – 5.7

Again, relatively speaking anything over a 6 can be considered successful IMO.

Main culprits for under-achieving are Forsyth, Keogh and Ward. I think Bryson, Eustace, Martin and Buxton have all done well this season. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While individual performances are obviously important its not the most crucial thing. Football is a team game, players compliment each other. The feng shui looks good with Eustace holding and Martin receiving ( :blink: ) enabling Hughes, Bryson, Ward and Russell to interact. With Mason and the Fish straining at the leash as decent weapons to throw at tiring defenders we could well go on a good run.

It might yet turn out to be a work of genius from Sam Rush to get Mclaren in between transfer windows so he's not tempted to spunk silly money on forest type players.

Steve's got to work with what Nigel assembled and tweak accordingly, at least until January. He'll then have Jeff, Coutts and Mark O'Brien back as well.

I would say we have as much talent in the team as Palace and Hull had last season. A bit of confidence and, heaven forbid, some passion from the fans.......we could be on our way.

TobyWanKenobi

I'm a little confused as to why Russell is in the underperforming list.

"ONLI 5 GOLS IN 10 GAEMS? HE SUKS HERPADERP."

Best: Bryson, consistent overall, plus goals and assists from midfield.

Worst: Buxton, poorest footballer in the team, beaten too easily on too many occasions, we will hopefully start to see a different back 5 now he's not in it. It's a shame really because he cares and always gives 100%. He's just not good enough for where we want to be.

The difference between home and away scores as a whole is interesting. Has there really been that much difference in performance or have we just played better teams at home or indeed are peoples views of a performance over influenced by the result.

I'm a little confused as to why Russell is in the underperforming list.

"ONLI 5 GOLS IN 10 GAEMS? HE SUKS HERPADERP."

You're just as confused as me when I've read people criticising him. Putting him in the list is the right thing to do to gauge just how many people actually think he's been poor. Obviously two posters do, and they're entitled to their opinion.

Surely Russell's on the wrong list? He struggled a bit at first, by his own admission he underestimated the Chsmpionship and struggled with fitness. I think he's really improved and not being started will make him more determined to prive he can perform. At times he still struggles with pace but he's getting better.

I have to say Keogh is under performing. I don't like the way he constantly whinges to the ref, get on with it, players need leadership, not moaning. I also think he's made a few too many unecessary errors and bad decisions. Hope his season starts to pick up, cos he must know it hasn't been brilliant so far.

The difference between home and away scores as a whole is interesting. Has there really been that much difference in performance or have we just played better teams at home or indeed are peoples views of a performance over influenced by the result.

I think it's more of a case of coming unstuck at home, things not quite clicking into place and poor defensive errors.

Away from home we've played weaker sides, but things have worked a lot better - and our play was more fluid, we tend to make better decisions on the road than at home.

I think over the course of the season, it will swing in the favour of the home form being stronger - at the minute we look solid away from home, I just hope it doesn't change.

The real standout has been Martin for me, he's a brilliant centre forward, clever, strong as an ox and really composed when he's in front of goal. The way he links everything together has been really good to watch.  He's got a little narkiness about him as well but even that's clever narkiness. I love him, signing of the summer.

It's a massive compliment when I say I don't count Bryson as over performing, I know he's added a few goals but for me he's been our best player consistently since he got here. He looks a bit more fired up lately and is rapidly turning into my favourite Ram.

underperforming - Grant, Forsyth, Keogh - all major disappointments so far this season.

Worst: Buxton, poorest footballer in the team, beaten too easily on too many occasions, we will hopefully start to see a different back 5 now he's not in it. It's a shame really because he cares and always gives 100%. He's just not good enough for where we want to be.

Surely if Buxton is the worst footballer (which I'm not disagreeing with) he has been overperforming by playing better than Keogh?

Odd really that Bucko has been our best individual performer in defense this season. I get that the rest of our back 4 have arguably greater potential but that means little if you're not going to use it.

I dont really buy that Bucko is poor but i can accept that the defense could be a better unit without him. I couldnt begin to explain why though.

TobyWanKenobi

You're just as confused as me when I've read people criticising him. Putting him in the list is the right thing to do to gauge just how many people actually think he's been poor. Obviously two posters do, and they're entitled to their opinion.

No, they are not. They should be named, shamed and then banned from attending all games of football, including watching it on television and talking about it either online or to friends. Stupidity should not be tolerated.

One hopes they are merely joking.

No, they are not. They should be named, shamed and then banned from attending all games of football, including watching it on television and talking about it either online or to friends. Stupidity should not be tolerated.

One hopes they are merely joking.

thing is though, that Russell was our great hope of the summer. He was the signing and legacy of Clough's regime, so I can see why some may think he's been a bit disappointing, but mainly cos of unrealistic hopes.

Personally, I voted for Chris Martin as the performer and Jamie Ward as the disappointment.

Archived