Sam Rush's side of the story

HeyHudson

Will this club ever pull together? Just for once can we not see how far we can go. I was one of Nigel's supporters but this is football not a popularity contest. Nobody likes the way clough was criticized on here and elsewhere but its over, it's in the past. Sam Rush as CEO has to do the bidding of the owners and quite frankly none of us know the full story and never will. IMO we are seriously stating (collectively) to sound like a bunch of drama queens.

I agree we do need to move on, both pro and anti Clough fans. However I'm sure many fans will get angry if Rush continues to brief against Clough when he isn't in the same position to respond and isn't the type of person to play the media game.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gregory was bullying players. His behaviour was awful and led to one of the players being injured for 2-3 months.

Maybe you know more than me regarding Gregory, but still doesn't hide the fact that it's all in all the same kind of scenario in which Clough left, but I imagine Cloughs been paid a bit quicker. Also the fact Burley was coming in straight away means he was ready to be place weeks before. Similar to what has happened here in the last few days. That's my main sticking point.

I see this slightly differently. Clough has done exactly the same as Billy Davies did and engineered his own departure by making his own position untenable!

By being unadaptable and unwilling to entertain the change of growth plans, which happen in EVERY business, Clough was part of the problem and not the solution.

With fans criticising the board for Clough not spending money, and then staying away, effectively sales are down, you need to get your sales up and it seems Clough was unwilling to do ANYTHING to sell the product.

This for me was nothing to do with the league position, more the attendances.

Maybe you know more than me regarding Gregory, but still doesn't hide the fact that it's all in all the same kind of scenario in which Clough left, but I imagine Cloughs been paid a bit quicker. Also the fact Burley was coming in straight away means he was ready to be place weeks before. Similar to what has happened here in the last few days. That's my main sticking point.

Yes, my mate was working for DCFC at the time and his attitude was well known around the club. Gregory was part of a personnel investigation, so there would have been a bit of notice that he may be going.  

Yes, my mate was working for DCFC at the time and his attitude was well known around the club. Gregory was part of a personnel investigation, so there would have been a bit of notice that he may be going.

Fair dos I'm looking at from the outside just as the Clough situation was.

eddie. It just happened. Despite the impression the club is trying to make. Despite the many fans on here who find it so easy to ignor what the club have done. Many people can see through the spin. Many Derby fans are still angry about this and they have a right to be. If this massive gamble by Rush and co pays off for them or not. They have still acted in a crass and disgraceful way to Clough and risked undoing all the hard work he has put in over the last few years. Only a couple of weeks back we were all celebrating a 5 1 win away at Millwall. Its unbelievable how the board have suddenly dropped everything.

They have sacked employees that they thought were underperforming...it happens every day in every walk of life.

What exactly is the spin that you refer to?

Why have they 'risked undoing all the hard work'? The playing staff is still the same with arguably more professional and more qualified people to coach them.

Ah! at last this is the official wristslashers thread.Clough  groupies gather here.This is where history will be

re-written,myths and legends invented,tears will be shed,and excuses made.

After some of your tirades in the past, where you actually gave the impression that you wanted Derby to lose, I honestly don't think that you are in a position to say anything to anyone - or at least for anyone to pay any attention to what you say.

Gregory was bullying players. His behaviour was awful and led to one of the players being injured for 2-3 months.

What the Dickens has that got to do with what I posted? I never mentioned Gregory anywhere - in fact, I had all but wiped him from my memory. Thanks a bunch for resurrecting him in my mind, Roger Irrelevant.

He maybe right though it's all about opinions

It's like the bloody 'Night of the Long Knives' on here. I tell you what - wrist-slashers and happy clappers alike (and of course everyone who was one automatically became the other as soon as Clough was sacked), go ahead and keep stabbing your fellow fans in the back for a few days, then I'll come back and start posting again when you have satiated your collective blood lust.

After some of your tirades in the past, where you actually gave the impression that you wanted Derby to lose, I honestly don't think that you are in a position to say anything to anyone - or at least for anyone to pay any attention to what you say.

I don't give a toss whetheryou read me or not,i will give my opinion,regardless.I was right in my opinions of Clough

which is why he has gone,you were wrong as usual.

It's like the bloody 'Night of the Long Knives' on here. I tell you what - wrist-slashers and happy clappers alike (and of course everyone who was one automatically became the other as soon as Clough was sacked), go ahead and keep stabbing your fellow fans in the back for a few days, then I'll come back and start posting again when you have satiated your collective blood lust.

calm down fella. the panic will pass.  :)

What the Dickens has that got to do with what I posted? I never mentioned Gregory anywhere - in fact, I had all but wiped him from my memory. Thanks a bunch for resurrecting him in my mind, Roger Irrelevant.

I'm Roger Incompetent not Roger Irrelevant, I meat to quote the post above it as part of a conversation  with MafiaBob 

I'm staying angry, It could get interesting around here. I'll be keen to see how quick people are to defend my right to have an opinion and to remind those who hammer me that I'm allowed that opinion. For four and half years that's all i heard when people were dishing out insults left right and centre.

Mostyn for example took a fair bit if stick, but stuck to his guns, stuck around and never once waivered.

I'm the new Mostyn. I cannot agree with this appointment, I don't care that he's allegedly a highly respected coach, all I remember are the moments of complete buffoonery, all I remember are the three times he's walked away from a club because he feels he cant do any more, I'm not counting the times he was asked to leave. I'm talking about the times he bottled it and left early.

I'm seeing Sam Rush grinning and sucking in breath every 15 seconds mid sentence, I see him trying to justify the underhand way in which he behaved and I'm seeing him trying to hide that underhandness by twisting and turning with his words.

Nige resisted change?

Yet in the same article it says it was never discussed between him and Nigel during the few months they worked together but that it was always in the pipeline???

So he's fired him for resisting a change he didn't even propose?

Honestly, I don't think he's told the truth much at all. Since he bottled speaking on Saturday and then stage screened a club fed interview on Sunday.

Keane is lined up to come in, it's announced he;s coming, yet now he's got more chance of coming due to Steves relationship with Man Utd? Hang on, was he already lined up or not? Was Whitbread already lined up or not. Sam had the list, Whitbread was on that list?

Keep digging Sam. Keep digging.

You'll be sacked before the start of next season and so will the team you brought in. 

The one thing I really don't like seeing though is the lack of questioning, the lack of disgust or the lack of belief in what he's saying now when it's clear that every second since he's walked through the door he's been spouting ********.

I wonder if the reaction would have been the same if they'd brought in an out of work ridiculed ex manager who had to take a job in coaching to get back into football,  if it wasn't for the McClaren name and his connections to the club? Sound familiar.

As well as that, when we were 4-1 down last night it was STILL cloughs fault. Then 45 minutes later McClaren the mastermind ALREADY HAS FIXED THE ISSUES IT TOOK NIGE 5 YEARS TO FIX. (and he didn't fix it he actually made it worse).

Now if he's tactically brilliant enough to spot waht's wrong, to fix it and to pull back a 3 goal deficit after just a 5 minute team talk, I don't want to hear anymore that he needs time to settle in and get to know the squad,

NO excuses for not smashing Leeds at the weekend then eh? 

The messiah is here, he didn't even need time to bed in before totally transforming the team of clowns Clough left behind.

He's been sacked - get over it FFS

I don't give a toss whetheryou read me or not,i will give my opinion,regardless.I was right in my opinions of Clough

which is why he has gone,you were wrong as usual.

I still cannot get over the fact that there were occasions that you publicly stated that you actually WANTED DERBY TO LOSE.

No true Derby fan would EVER want that - ergo, you are not a true Derby fan.

I still cannot get over the fact that there were occasions that you publicly stated that you actually WANTED DERBY TO LOSE.

No true Derby fan would EVER want that - ergo, you are not a true Derby fan.

I'd never want Derby to lose..

But if we were losing by a fair few and comeback wasn't on I'd naturally want to see more goals

Like when we lost 0-6 to Villa.. After 0-2 I wanted Villa to score everytime they went forward just for the entertainment factor.

But if we were losing by a fair few and comeback wasn't on I'd naturally want to see more goals

Like when we lost 0-6 to Villa.. After 0-2 I wanted Villa to score everytime they went forward just for the entertainment factor.

What kind of horse manure is this?

I forgive you.  ;)

He's been sacked - get over it FFS

Exactly. Rightly or wrongly Clough has gone and we have to move on, which makes your advice a tad hypocritical as you still feel the need to find a way to criticise him on almost every new thread started. You can't criticise people for still posting about Clough when your own obsession with him verges on the need for a restraining order..

Archived