Sam Rush's side of the story

HeyHudson

I'm staying angry, It could get interesting around here. I'll be keen to see how quick people are to defend my right to have an opinion and to remind those who hammer me that I'm allowed that opinion. For four and half years that's all i heard when people were dishing out insults left right and centre.

Mostyn for example took a fair bit if stick, but stuck to his guns, stuck around and never once waivered.

I'm the new Mostyn. I cannot agree with this appointment, I don't care that he's allegedly a highly respected coach, all I remember are the moments of complete buffoonery, all I remember are the three times he's walked away from a club because he feels he cant do any more, I'm not counting the times he was asked to leave. I'm talking about the times he bottled it and left early.

I'm seeing Sam Rush grinning and sucking in breath every 15 seconds mid sentence, I see him trying to justify the underhand way in which he behaved and I'm seeing him trying to hide that underhandness by twisting and turning with his words.

Nige resisted change?

Yet in the same article it says it was never discussed between him and Nigel during the few months they worked together but that it was always in the pipeline???

So he's fired him for resisting a change he didn't even propose?

Honestly, I don't think he's told the truth much at all. Since he bottled speaking on Saturday and then stage screened a club fed interview on Sunday.

Keane is lined up to come in, it's announced he;s coming, yet now he's got more chance of coming due to Steves relationship with Man Utd? Hang on, was he already lined up or not? Was Whitbread already lined up or not. Sam had the list, Whitbread was on that list?

Keep digging Sam. Keep digging.

You'll be sacked before the start of next season and so will the team you brought in. 

The one thing I really don't like seeing though is the lack of questioning, the lack of disgust or the lack of belief in what he's saying now when it's clear that every second since he's walked through the door he's been spouting ********.

I wonder if the reaction would have been the same if they'd brought in an out of work ridiculed ex manager who had to take a job in coaching to get back into football,  if it wasn't for the McClaren name and his connections to the club? Sound familiar.

As well as that, when we were 4-1 down last night it was STILL cloughs fault. Then 45 minutes later McClaren the mastermind ALREADY HAS FIXED THE ISSUES IT TOOK NIGE 5 YEARS TO FIX. (and he didn't fix it he actually made it worse).

Now if he's tactically brilliant enough to spot waht's wrong, to fix it and to pull back a 3 goal deficit after just a 5 minute team talk, I don't want to hear anymore that he needs time to settle in and get to know the squad,

NO excuses for not smashing Leeds at the weekend then eh? 

The messiah is here, he didn't even need time to bed in before totally transforming the team of clowns Clough left behind.

Well put Ronnie.   

Why are so many folk getting all excited about drawing at home with Ipswich.

Did we all get as excited drawing 1-1 with Blackburn at home, a better side than Ipswich.

Anyway whatever happens Pam Thrush & Sleaze in the Mac will all leave us Pretty Vacant at some point,

probably more often than not, that’s a guarantee.

Pretty Vacant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T4YrgON1j0

As for getting rid of Nigel, Pam Thrush you are a Silly Thing.

Silly Thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jz5A51ttTQ

And remember, have a good sing song, and let the football take care of itself………………

“Ronnie Biggs was doing time until he did a bunk……………………….”

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mauricio Solis who won 110 international caps? That's 10 times as many games as he played for Derby. Must have done something right somewhere along the way. I remember watching him in the 2002 World Cup and he was superb. Perhaps he just didn't travel well. Mind you, in the days when he was at Derby we had the silly 'non-EU' restriction, so his appearances were limited. I think his main role was to keep Wanchope happy.

My understanding was that it was Solis's sister who kept Wanchope happy.

Just checking. Are you suggesting that I have labelled you with these things?

That's how it comes across. Maybe you weren't but maybe you need to re-read what I actually wrote in the first place!

For the record, I agree with you about all the above. It's classless and disappointing given the way in which I felt proud about the club had bucked the trend and stuck by the plan they so readily bragged about. I was shocked initially but as time has passed I'm not that shocked because the signs were there under the surface and I feel a bit foolish for thinking that Derby would buck the trend for long.

Time will tell whether getting McClaren as a replacement is the right move but in your initial post you're pretty much stating he's not going to get your support because you don't rate him. Is that not similar to your criticisms of those that turned on Clough?

Just pointing out a slight contradiction there. It's not really McClaren's fault he's Clough's replacement and as a Derby fan he'll have my support, unless I think he's undoing the good work done by Nigel and his team.

No Rodley, I didn't think for one second you were labelling me.

I've come to like a lot of posters on here and that won't change just because they agree or don't agree with NC's sacking.

I spend so much time on here that I'd like to think I have made some good friends, I won't and don't want to spoil that.

My beef is with Rush, it's with the board for accepting it and it's with those who've pushed and pushed and pushed for it to happen.

The end was inevitable, the ending was negotiable.

Nothing at all against Steve McClaren and my feelings for the players will get me through this. I've been very honest for the time I've been on here and I won't change that either. Steve McClaren for me is not the right person to take us forward.

Solis was a victim of the '3 non-EU players' rule.

We had Stimac, Asanovic, Wanchope, Poom and Solis. We could only use three of them at a time I think.

That's right.

Soccer AM christened us the 'League of Nations' at that time - as well as 'The Sneaks' (as in 'sneaky Derby grabbed another away win at Old Trafford').

TobyWanKenobi

Ronnie is right, there are no excuses for not beating a poor Leeds team on Saturday. If we do, I'm sure he will acknowledge that McClaren is a step up, if we don't it remains a dubious appointment.

The fact remains though, that his first act as for us, was to give a team talk that saw us come back from 3 goals down. It's not conclusive of anything, but it certainly is a positive start.

TobyWanKenobi

They (Leeds) may be poor, but they have more wins and points than us.

And if Christmas comes with that still the case, we should look for a new manager.

And if Christmas comes with that still the case, we should look for a new manager.

Here we go again.

Round and round and round...

eddie. It just happened. Despite the impression the club is trying to make. Despite the many fans on here who find it so easy to ignor what the club have done. Many people can see through the spin. Many Derby fans are still angry about this and they have a right to be. If this massive gamble by Rush and co pays off for them or not. They have still acted in a crass and disgraceful way to Clough and risked undoing all the hard work he has put in over the last few years. Only a couple of weeks back we were all celebrating a 5 1 win away at Millwall. Its unbelievable how the board have suddenly dropped everything.

No Rodley, I didn't think for one second you were labelling me.

I've come to like a lot of posters on here and that won't change just because they agree or don't agree with NC's sacking.

I spend so much time on here that I'd like to think I have made some good friends, I won't and don't want to spoil that.

My beef is with Rush, it's with the board for accepting it and it's with those who've pushed and pushed and pushed for it to happen.

The end was inevitable, the ending was negotiable.

Nothing at all against Steve McClaren and my feelings for the players will get me through this. I've been very honest for the time I've been on here and I won't change that either. Steve McClaren for me is not the right person to take us forward.

Totally agree, I'm as disappointed as you about the whole thing, it's shoddy.

You're a good lad, you. Chin up ;)

eddie. It just happened. Despite the impression the club is trying to make. Despite the many fans on here who find it so easy to ignore ehat the club have done. Many people can see through the spin. Many Derby fans are still angry about this and they have a right to be. If this massive gamble by Rush and co pays off for them or not. They have still acted in a crass and disgraceful way to Clough and risked undoing all the hard work he has put in over the last few years. Only a couple of weeks back we were all celebrating a 5 1 win away at Millwall. Its unbelievable how the board have suddenly dropped everything.

Was you upset when John Gregory was dispatched in shoddy circumstances and replaced immediately by George Burley. As a footnote I never liked Gregory but he was treated by contempt

eddie. It just happened. Despite the impression the club is trying to make. Despite the many fans on here who find it so easy to ignor what the club have done. Many people can see through the spin. Many Derby fans are still angry about this and they have a right to be. If this massive gamble by Rush and co pays off for them or not. They have still acted in a crass and disgraceful way to Clough and risked undoing all the hard work he has put in over the last few years. Only a couple of weeks back we were all celebrating a 5 1 win away at Millwall. Its unbelievable how the board have suddenly dropped everything.

I don't dispute anything you are saying, but why is the reply aimed at me? Sacking McClaren by Christmas, as Toby is suggesting we do if we are still behind Leeds won't undo the sacking of Clough.

TobyWanKenobi

I don't dispute anything you are saying, but why is the reply aimed at me? Sacking McClaren by Christmas, as Toby is suggesting we do if we are still behind Leeds won't undo the sacking of Clough.

The club has shown it's expectation by sacking Clough. 9th would have been good enough with Clough in charge. It would have been the minimum. The goal. By getting rid of him stating that progress is too slow, they have shown that 9th is no longer in minimum. We are aiming higher and if McClaren cannot achieve that, then there is no point in him sticking around.

Clough is the past now, if the board are saying that Cloughs aims do not match theirs, then I for one am happy that they want faster progress and success. He has been judged to not meet the standards set. Similarly, if McClaren fails to meet those standards that are plain for all to see, he can go.

Obviously if Leeds find themselves in the top 2 or 3 by that time and we are merely top 6, then I will have underestimated Leeds, and accept our position with happiness, but in my view, they are mediocre Championship fodder, like us last season. They finished with the same points total as us last season, but all the indications are that we intend to step up and challenge now.

At some point we have to step above the mid table fodder. The board seem to have decided that now is the time. Lets not fight it.

Will this club ever pull together? Just for once can we not see how far we can go. I was one of Nigel's supporters but this is football not a popularity contest. Nobody likes the way clough was criticized on here and elsewhere but its over, it's in the past. Sam Rush as CEO has to do the bidding of the owners and quite frankly none of us know the full story and never will. IMO we are seriously stating (collectively) to sound like a bunch of drama queens.

Leeds are *****. Green looks like a world beater in that side. Austin is a big tough fella too. Probably wont give as soft goals away as what we have but they've looked awful. Unless its Green I don't see any quality. Huff and puff scrap it out team.

We'll win and be above them very soon imo

See also this article:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-rams-chief-playing-catch-103431327--sow.html

"But one of the key ways we can compete, or make the playing field more even, is through the recruitment of talent.

"I'm looking forward to a player coming in who I have never heard of and thinking wow! A player who has been scouted with the network of contacts we have at the club."

Suggests to me that they were getting a bit fed up of Clough's brother doing all the scouting from a B&B in Scotland.

Funny that, Nearly every player we've signed in the last 6 years I've thought oh ****! Another player I've never heard of.

Gregory was bullying players. His behaviour was awful and led to one of the players being injured for 2-3 months.

Archived