Sam Rush's side of the story

HeyHudson

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. Rightly or wrongly Clough has gone and we have to move on, which makes your advice a tad hypocritical as you still feel the need to find a way to criticise him on almost every new thread started. You can't criticise people for still posting about Clough when your own obsession with him verges on the need for a restraining order..

Are sausagemeat and top 6 finish perhaps the same poster? Both invariably appear at the same time and both seem to go out of their way to be confrontational. Also, neither are around when we win.

That's a lie never ever said that,find it or STFU.

Are you always this confrontational?

It's usually the sign of a neglected childhood, in the same way that people buy an SUV to compensate for having a minimalist trouser department.

Don't pretend you didn't..

I bet you were one of those singing 'let's pretend we scored a goal' and cheering after a countdown.

I think after 0-4 down at home to Villa our season was a lost cause?

Not arguing that. I didn't want to be embarrassed by further goals though.

I've wrote this statement for Sam Rush. This he what he should be saying rather than little snipes on the twitter.

"Normally when the manager is sacked, the playing side of the club is something of a mess. This is not the situation at Derby. We have got some ok players on modest wages. We have also got some good players on modest wages too. This puts us in a strong position, especially compared to when Nigel took over: lots of poor players on loads of money that no one wanted. The whole club can take credit for this. Nigel takes a huge amount of credit for this.

Due to the nature of the project, progress was always going to be slow. For reasons just stated, you cannot argue significant progress has not been made over the last 5 years.

The board now feel that things need to be freshened up, especially considering lower attendences at Pride Park. I apologise for the poor way Nigel's sacking was handled, but an oppurtunity came up and we went for it. I hope we have made the correct decision. Nigel probably would have got us promoted within a full ten years, but that has become too long a wait for the owners.

It's unlikely we'll spend anymore cash than Nigel had and we will continue operating a tight budget. It will be interesting to see if McClaren can get success quicker than Nige working with the same model. If he does, it doesn't paint Nigel in a negative light at all. In fact, we'll always remember the foundations that he left us.

If it doesn't work, then I'll probably be out of here too and who knows what comes next.

Regards

Samuel Rush"

Not arguing that. I didn't want to be embarrassed by further goals though.

I was resigned to having to see yesterday's game through to the bitter end, and I was not looking forward to it one bit.

The Villa game in the Prem was the cumulation of so many horror show performances over preceding months, and I looked upon it as something to laugh at as opposed to crying. Inside, I was angry - absolutely furious at Jewell and Davies for the players who had given up half way through the season.

Last night, at half time, I was again angry, but this time at the CEO - not for sacking Clough but for the when and the how involved. Every goal just made me more livid, and I must confess that I wondered to what extent the players' hearts weren't in it or whether their minds were elsewhere.

The second half posed as many questions as it did answers, and frankly I'm still a little bit baffled. 

Are you on something or have you completely lost your marbles?

I bet inside you're just a big old softy aren't you, putting on the big internet troll bad boy confrontational act. You just want people to love you, but you don't quite know how to go about getting them on your side. Well, you've got your wish, top 6 finish. I love you.

Carnally.

It will be interesting in the coming weeks and months what happens.

Will the supposed Clough Gang become posters the SM gang - stay positive and support the club/manager / coaches if things turn bad

Will the supposed Clough haters (who are now accusing the Clough lovers of undermining SM) become SM haters if things turn bad.

Will we still have the same people taking the positive stand point and the same being negative.

Will SM be blamed if results aren't good or will those who in the past blamed Clough turn on the board.

We are in a state of transition, times at the club has changed. Maybe, just maybe, posters on here are just that. Not Clough lovers/haters merely people who try to see positive or people who focus on the negative. Maybe just maybe in time we can learn accept that and stop using stupid labels.

Will the supposed Clough Gang become posters the SM gang - stay positive and support the club/manager / coaches if things turn bad

Will the supposed Clough haters (who are now accusing the Clough lovers of undermining SM) become SM haters if things turn bad.

Will we still have the same people taking the positive stand point and the same being negative.

Will SM be blamed if results aren't good or will those who in the past blamed Clough turn on the board.

We are in a state of transition, times at the club has changed. Maybe, just maybe, posters on here are just that. Not Clough lovers/haters merely people who try to see positive or people who focus on the negative. Maybe just maybe in time we can learn accept that and stop using stupid labels.

I have a dream...

Quite right. I'm still wondering when the players that McClaren inherited from Clough will become McClarens problem if and when theyre not performing. Clough had a great deal of latitude in that respect as it was only really this season when folks started saying that Clough assembled 100% of this team so should start copping the blame - does that mean then McClaren will be afforded 5 years before this criticism can be laid at his door?

Now that would be nice. Can't see it but here's hoping. Should take about 2 minutes before someone spoils it!

Quite right. I'm still wondering when the players that McClaren inherited from Clough will become McClarens problem if and when theyre not performing. Clough had a great deal of latitude in that respect as it was only really this season when folks started saying that Clough assembled 100% of this team so should start copping the blame - does that mean then McClaren will be afforded 5 years before this criticism can be laid at his door?

Was it really 5 years before anyone complained? I must have been able to see into the future....

Oops, that's didn't take 2 minutes :)

I don't give a toss whetheryou read me or not,i will give my opinion,regardless.I was right in my opinions of Clough

which is why he has gone,you were wrong as usual.

Arrogant, deluded, tedious.

Most people's opinions on here are based in reason and experience.

You're just a wum.

I have spent too long being negative,reason being I never wanted Clough here never thought

he would be any good.Finally the powers that be saw it my way,probably appointed the best

they could under the circumstances,certainly deserves 100%support for the rest of the season

and hopefully beyond.

The timing is the problem.We are months away from the next transfer window,we have a poor defence

and a strikeforce that cant score for toffee.We can get a few players on loan.Loan to buy would be

useful.If we can offload as well so much the better.The new management have to coach like buggery

and hopefully we can be midtable or thereabouts by the loan window.Spend some cash wheel and deal

and who knows we may get a top ten finish yet this season.Next season is where it should really start.

Is that positive enough for everybody?

Archived