Sam Rush's side of the story

HeyHudson

I imagine most of the clubs in the league will publish accounts which are in the public domain, although playing staff wages will not be explicitly stated they must surely give a good indicator of how Derbys budget compares.

Really cannot get over how badly you have taken this Ronnie. Managers and boards come and go but the club will always remain the same. Stop over analysing things that we will never have the full facts to understand and just stick to getting behind the club we all love.

I think the CEO should lose his job for the way he's handled the whole thing. I think he's still trying to justify the sacking but I think he's doing it a really poor way.

When he just shuts up and stops digging himself into a deeper hole then I'll stop being angry.

When that happens, and when he goes, I'll be happy as larry. I'm right behind the team GStar, honest. Even Steve, you'll never see me post another sarcastic comment about him. I'll be angry as hell if we go backwards.

I want this team to do well. I was the same as the players on Tuesday, for the first 20 minutes I didn't know what to think, then just like them and 90% of the ground, thanks to that second half,  I got the football bit back. I went mental when the fourth went in, it meant a lot that they came back like that.

It's two totally seperate issues from my side. Totally seperate.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My own personal opinion on Sam Rush. Obviously looking on from the outside, professional, not frightened of making a decision, savvy, and quite frankly if something goes T I T S up he knows that his head would be for the chopping block.

I went to the forum before the WBA friendly. And he came up to my dad and chatted to him for 10 minutes before the start. What struck me is that it showed that, he was interested and has been for a long time. A far cry from Glick. In fact he did that sly smile when my dad mentioned this to him. He didn't need to say anything he knew full well what my dad was getting at.

I think he is head and shoulders above Glick, you may point out where Glick is now. But he isn't in charge of any footballing matters anymore and more on commercial side at Man City, which probably best suits him after the spin he used to come out with.

I know I would be harping on about history, but what if Rush was here a couple of seasons ago. Would Commons be still here? Would he have funded Bueno staying on? Who knows! Just my take on Rush feel free to rip me apart!

I think the CEO should lose his job for the way he's handled the whole thing. I think he's still trying to justify the sacking but I think he's doing it a really poor way.

When he just shuts up and stops digging himself into a deeper hole then I'll stop being angry.

When that happens, and when he goes, I'll be happy as larry. I'm right behind the team GStar, honest. Even Steve, you'll never see me post another sarcastic comment about him. I'll be angry as hell if we go backwards.

I want this team to do well. I was the same as the players on Tuesday, for the first 20 minutes I didn't know what to think, then just like them and 90% of the ground, thanks to that second half, I got the football bit back. I went mental when the fourth went in, it meant a lot that they came back like that.

It's two totally seperate issues from my side. Totally seperate.

I dare say the CEO would have been acting upon the instructions of his paymasters.

Really struggling to see what he has done wrong to be fair to him.

Sam Rush strikes me as a man of ambition, when ever he is interviewed I find him comments very well thought out and has a clear knowledge of football which his predecessor just lacked.

Nigel also has sly digs at the lack of backing when ever has talked about loan players in, why the issue of the board giving their views after? Also what is wrong in saying that NC and SR has disagreements with the future of the club, NC was given 4.5 years to stamp his mark on the team and there was improvement yes but not the pace which Rush wanted, under Glick I'm pretty sure NC had a job for life. Fact is NC failed to convice his boss that his plan would help get DCFC back into the top flight.

The fact is DCFC still has some pull the pretty big names (albeit with past connection), as we saw with Steele and McClaren coming in and the club is now going for continental method of team management which Nigel was not comfortable with. Surely if these are the facts it is better the act now that wait for the penny to drop, NC has got a nice pay-off and maybe in another job very soon, as the world is with football management.

Any Derby supporter that wants us to lose ought to take a long hard look at themselves.

The devotion to the mediocrity embodied by Clough is frankly inexplicable. Those of us that never rated him never wanted Derby to lose. Personally, I took each defeat as one more step towards the inevitable parting of the ways. There were many, even up to last week, who, blinded by their love of the nice bloke, never even entertained the thought that there may be a time when he's not Derby manager.

There actually seem to be people who want McClaren to be even worse than their beloved Clough.

What an utterly ridiculous statement. 

You only have to read some of the bitter 'put the club before family' guff and such like.

There are clearly people willing the new manager to fail so they can chuck it back in the faces of Rush and the board.

You do talk some utter crap at times. Must be something to do with living among hubcap stealers.

You only have to read some of the bitter 'put the club before family' guff and such like.

There are clearly people willing the new manager to fail so they can chuck it back in the faces of Rush and the board.

There were quite a few out in force after the first half of the Ipswich game, they soon shut up after FT of course.

Having been heavilly criticised for my stance towards Clough I can totally empathise with this statement, there seems more than an ounce of truth in it

An important contribution to the discussion. I'm glad you made it.

Good - glad you appreciated it. Perhaps you'll learn to make one yourself one day.

You came up with a statement that was questionable at best, and I called you out on it. Did a man in the pub tell you that he wanted Derby to lose, and then you decided on the basis of that to make a general, sweeping statement? I haven't seen or heard ANYONE say that they wanted McClaren to fail - but I have seen plenty who have suggested that he would. I know there are people who didn't stay to see the second half too. Would you like to vent your spleen in their general direction too? 

Having been heavilly criticised for my stance towards Clough I can totally empathise with this statement, there seems more than an ounce of truth in it

Find a single example on here please.

There actually seem to be people who want McClaren to be even worse than their beloved Clough.

How many? 1? 2?

Clough has been gone 5 days and still the haters can't leave it. You've got what you wanted.

Archived