Phone in tonight

-JW-

What a joke of a moan in tonight. Has Sam Rush told everyone at RD to shoot Nigel down? They weren't saying half the stuff about Nigel when he was manager. I'm all for supporting our new man, but it all came across as 2 faced. Roger Davies especially. Gone from kissing Cloughie's arse one minute to being number 1 hater the next. Knob.

Had a horrible propaganda feel about it. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about that. Grant, Shackell, Russell, Keogh...not exactly scraping the bottom of the barrel with those sorts of players. Top 6 sides would have been after them too.

Would they???Maybe Grant as for the others not unless they wanted to fook there chances of going up they wouldnt & yes I know that Cardiff were in for Keogh but more than likely as a squad player..Any way he did them a massive favour by signing for us...

Would they???Maybe Grant as for the others not unless they wanted to fook there chances of going up they wouldnt & yes I know that Cardiff were in for Keogh but more than likely as a squad player..Any way he did them a massive favour by signing for us...

Shackell is one of the better defenders at this level, Russell has plenty of potential, in a better team - a team that actually creates oppertunities for him he would shine IMO. Keogh was rated at Cov, just hasn't worked out for him here. There's ability there, aswell as consistency which we saw at times last year. Good players at this level for me. When you look at our "assetts" those 4 certainly fit the bill. (I know Shackell has gone but we at least got back what we paid for him).

What a joke of a moan in tonight. Has Sam Rush told everyone at RD to shoot Nigel down? They weren't saying half the stuff about Nigel when he was manager. I'm all for supporting our new man, but it all came across as 2 faced. Roger Davies especially. Gone from kissing Cloughie's arse one minute to being number 1 hater the next. Knob.

No. 1 hater? Give me a bleeding break. Hater? Really?

He was right, people do only hear what they want to hear.

What I heard was a 'cold light of day' assessment, mixed in with a few (heavy handed) spades of positive reminiscence, and a post-term analysis of areas of success and failure with a view on how the new incumbent could turn the things that went wrong into things that go right.

Davies' problem is that he's painted himself into a corner by 'oversupporting' Clough in the past, perhaps he should have been more critical during his years on commentary, but when your mindset is one of support you tend to make excuses for people, to gloss over the negatives a little, and it's especially true when there's a personal friendship involved, and even more so in football - a business where overly harsh criticism is often the most clearly voiced - you get defensive of the person you're trying to support.

I certainly don't think he was 'hating' on Nigel Clough today, just being a bit more matter of fact when taken out of that situation of trying to defend someone from almost constant criticism - you can call that 2 faced if you want, but I just don't see it that way.

Steve McLaren is the mana head coach now, and Roger's taken his usual stance against people being overly negative by being overly positive... which clearly has made some people think his actual honest assessment is overly negative!

Do bear in mind when using terms like that, that the lady concerned is someone's mum 

and grandmother

and great-grandmother

and...you'll get it by now

The term was tongue in cheek, I was pissin my self at her. They come on and spout utter tripe and expect not to get pulled up for it

No respect for elders some people.

I'm not 12 years old ya know. People have to earn my respect. She came on and spouted nothing but tripe, a waste of 2 min of my life. She couldn't even get her facts right.

Yes, she's entitled her opinion & so am I.

As I said before, sentimental nonsense, if his name wasn't clough most of em wouldn't give a rats p**s about the sacking.

Archived