Zak Whitbread

-JW-

Do you really think this deal wasnt lined up before CLough got the bullet?

Maybe we were actually goign to sign two this guy and Keane because neither of Keogh and Buxton were deemed good enough by Clough, and rush is just finalising deals already in motion.

This right here goes against everything we've ever heard from Clough. Ever.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening all. Leicester fan in peace.

I obviously don't follow Derby but I don't really understand this signing.

I watched us play dirty Leeds earlier in the season and Whitbread looked shaky as hell. He really didn't give me any confidence at all. I have much more confidence in our academy players like Luke Moore. The weird thing is, Norwich fans were quite gutted about losing him to us. There's obviously something there potential-wise. I just don't think he's shone massively for us and this puts him way way back in the queue. I really can't see him playing for us again. That's not me being all high and mighty as being a lifelong suffering Leicester fan, I know I'm on for a lifetime of disappointment !! I just think there's a lot better in the queue in front of him.

As for injuries, we were warned by Norwich fans about his injury problems and they've seemed to have materialised.

Like I say, I don't know the situation with your club and defenders, but this signing seems weird to me. I'm not here to take the piss either, I'll leave that to the Red Dog scum. Reading the posts in this thread, Scot129 appears to talk a lot of sense.

Finally, I suppose you've got to give Whitbread a chance. He may just do it for you but my guess is, he'll return to us after the loan expires and you won't see him again (and you'll be saying thank **** for that!!)

I just read that you may be after Keane on loan. I wouldn't get massively excited about him but he's decent.

I watched us play dirty Leeds earlier in the season and Whitbread looked shaky as hell. He really didn't give me any confidence at all. I have much more confidence in our academy players like Luke Moore. The weird thing is, Norwich fans were quite gutted about losing him to us. There's obviously something there potential-wise. I just don't think he's shone massively for us and this puts him way way back in the queue. I really can't see him playing for us again. That's not me being all high and mighty as being a lifelong suffering Leicester fan, I know I'm on for a lifetime of disappointment !! I just think there's a lot better in the queue in front of him.

As for injuries, we were warned by Norwich fans about his injury problems and they've seemed to have materialised.

Like I say, I don't know the situation with your club and defenders, but this signing seems weird to me. I'm not here to take the piss either, I'll leave that to the Red Dog scum. Reading the posts in this thread, Scot129 appears to talk a lot of sense.

Finally, I suppose you've got to give Whitbread a chance. He may just do it for you but my guess is, he'll return to us after the loan expires and you won't see him again (and you'll be saying thank **** for that!!)

I just read that you may be after Keane on loan. I wouldn't get massively excited about him but he's decent.

The alternative is a youth player who has about 90 minutes of professional football to his name, so I don't think he'll be too bad. 

Not worried, or excited about this signing - just glad we got someone who has played at this level for more than 90 minutes through the door, he was also very good against us last season. So, he has had at least one very good game at this level  :ph34r:

"http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/e/ea/Oh_stop_it_you" alt="Oh_stop_it_you">

He's an American so quite a few on here will hate him anyway.

Decent at Norwich, not so at Leicester not not concerned.

Fair comment. Needs a fresh start and Derby might be the kick up the backside he needs. His sick note status might be of some concern though. I've not come for a fight, just saying.

Edit. Thought I'd better spell Scott129's name correctly.

Why would Leicester loan a promotion rival a decent defender on loan.

Says to me either a) They don't see us as a threat or b) He's duff.

Probably both but we're desperate

High another Leicester fan in peace.

We've loaned him out as we have Wes Morgan, Liam Moore, Marcin Wasilewski, Ignasi Miquel and Sean St Ledger all at the club as CB's, personally I'm expecting Zak to leave the club in January permanently and I wouldn't be surprised if St Ledger joins him, and yes probably to be honest, I doubt those in charge are all that worried about you as promotion rivals as things stand.

Zak is a no nonsense old fashioned CB, he'll get his head to almost anything and is a decent tackler and will be solid, but he does struggle in a passing style so needs to keep things as simple as possible.

Finance would of played a role in this from our point probably but we aren't desperate to offload just have to get players out before we can sign people due to FFP

For your sake I hope you don't bring McLaren in but good luck for the rest of he season, apart from when you play us obviously.

Archived