Zak Whitbread

-JW-

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

our chairman, Sam Rush.

Not a fan of that unless there's co-ordination between him and the manager.

And if Mr. Rush & McClaren are at the advanced stage of talking about transfers, surely he should be able to take over for Tuesday night? It just seems weird that there's not been a deal struck but we're already getting players in for him :(

We needed a CB for Tues and the CEO has brought a decent one in, in the absence of a manager. Got no problem with this. In fact this is how most signings will be made now, the head coach will have players brought for him by the director of football, very interesting times ahead, if we get the right combination it could help us no end!!

I'm glad you're optimistic about the DOF. In my opinion, the manager is the one who runs things on the pitch and therefore should be the one who sanctions transfers for players to fit into his game plan.

This one reeks of having no co-ordination whatsoever with the man who's in charge of the team (whoever that may be).

Not a fan of that unless there's co-ordination between him and the manager.

And if Mr. Rush & McClaren are at the advanced stage of talking about transfers, surely he should be able to take over for Tuesday night? It just seems weird that there's not been a deal struck but we're already getting players in for him :(

We already had very little cover at centre back, Keoghs sending off leaves us with Buxton and gjokaj. Not sure gjokaj is up to it yet, rush had to act and did. Don't see what's wierd at all?

I'm glad you're optimistic about the DOF. In my opinion, the manager is the one who runs things on the pitch and therefore should be the one who sanctions transfers for players to fit into his game plan.

This one reeks of having no co-ordination whatsoever with the man who's in charge of the team (whoever that may be).

I'm not sure optimistic is the right word, think more cautious but it all depends on who we bring in and their relationship. If it goes according to plan then we will have a good system that is used throughout European football with good results but if the pair don't get along it could be a potential car crash. I will hold judgement until the summer/start of next season to see how they handle the 2 transfer windows.

We already had very little cover at centre back, Keoghs sending off leaves us with Buxton and gjokaj. Not sure gjokaj is up to it yet, rush had to act and did. Don't see what's wierd at all?

There are many, many CBs out there. Why this particular guy?

I just feel Sam Rush has made a decision that should have been made by someone else.

I just feel Sam Rush has made a decision that should have been made by someone else.

INT - DARREN WASALL'S HOUSE - NIGHT.

Darren's phone is ringing, he picks it up.

WASALL - Hello

RUSH - Darren, it's Sam Rush.

WASALL - Hi Sam. What can I do for you?

RUSH - Seeing as you'll be in charge on Tuesday night against Ipswich and possibly Leeds as well I thought I'd get your opinion. Do you think we need cover for centre back now Keogh's been suspended? You work a lot with Gorjak, do you think he can make the step up?

WASALL - He's got some potential but it's gonna be a pretty tense game so I wouldn't like to risk it. Getting someone more experienced would be better. Might even make Keogh buck his ideas up. Can we afford to bring someone in?

RUSH - Providing they're not top end Premiership players we can afford a loan. I was trying to get Nigel to see this but he was stubborn to a point in eaking it out until O'Brien and (sniggers) Barker are fully fit again.

WASALL - (Also sniggering) Yeah I always smirk with that one. Erm let me think......... How about Whitbread from Leicester? He's got bags of experience and he hasn't featured much at all for them so far this season.

RUSH - Great, I'll give their club secretary a bell and see what we can set up. Sorry I bother you so late. I'll let you know in the morning. Night

WASALL - Night Sam, cheers. Bye.

That's about a minute and a half conversation so I doubt the CEO has just grabbed a name out of thin air...

INT - DARREN WASALL'S HOUSE - NIGHT.

Darren's phone is ringing, he picks it up.

WASALL - Hello

RUSH - Darren, it's Sam Rush.

WASALL - Hi Sam. What can I do for you?

RUSH - Seeing as you'll be in charge on Tuesday night against Ipswich and possibly Leeds as well I thought I'd get your opinion. Do you think we need cover for centre back now Keogh's been suspended? You work a lot with Gorjak, do you think he can make the step up?

WASALL - He's got some potential but it's gonna be a pretty tense game so I wouldn't like to risk it. Getting someone more experienced would be better. Might even make Keogh buck his ideas up. Can we afford to bring someone in?

RUSH - Providing they're not top end Premiership players we can afford a loan. I was trying to get Nigel to see this but he was stubborn to a point in eaking it out until O'Brien and (sniggers) Barker are fully fit again.

WASALL - (Also sniggering) Yeah I always smirk with that one. Erm let me think......... How about Whitbread from Leicester? He's got bags of experience and he hasn't featured much at all for them so far this season.

RUSH - Great, I'll give their club secretary a bell and see what we can set up. Sorry I bother you so late. I'll let you know in the morning. Night

WASALL - Night Sam, cheers. Bye.

That's about a minute and a half conversation so I doubt the CEO has just grabbed a name out of thin air...

Fair enough. But I don't see why Wassall should get a say in it, he's in charge for 1 game max. If it's been co-ordinated with McClaren, that's fine.

Archived