Steve McClaren

Day

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Steve will do the business for us along with simo and steele.

He's got the credentials, uefa cup final, dutch title, and being given the england job (something redknapp has never had).

Following the england job and the forest job he has also got a bit of point to prove and hopefully that is why he has come to us and hopefully he's determined to succeed.

Shaun Derry on FL72 said McClaren a big loss for QPR and is a fantastic coach and Football man. Just seen the 4-4 again. After watching the goals conceded ill be surprised if Buxton plays against Leeds. PS Derry said it was a joy to work with McClaren and he's a top top coach . Those young lads at Derby will really learn from him.

Bucko loves big games. He had a sh*tter on Tuesday but the type of person he his, he will give everything against leeds.

You are utterly deluded. You had two half chances the ENTIRE GAME. We missed a penalty, and open goal header and a 1v1 for Christ sake??!

Talk about rose tinted....... :rolleyes:

So, Russells open goal miss dunna count. Nor does Brysons early shot that swerved an inch past the post. Nor several shots inside the box that went narrowly wide or took deflections not to mention Hughes pass from the free kick that Bryson dint connect with.......no, we struggled to create easy chances, but for an away team against one of the favourites for promotion we dominated possession and deserved a draw.

What was Billy's "Carry on Kuwait" rant all about after the game....priceless that! What a fookin knobjockey that tosser is.

I think Steve will do the business for us along with simo and steele.

He's got the credentials, uefa cup final, dutch title, and being given the england job (something redknapp has never had).

Following the england job and the forest job he has also got a bit of point to prove and hopefully that is why he has come to us and hopefully he's determined to succeed.

I agree

Just read the Middlesbrough fans view on him, they basically think he will probably be better without the unlimited amount of money...etc and just get on with what he does best (coaching) which seems to be the over-populating view.

Many expect him to be a success here which is nice to see.

I would say a good majority are seriously talking about wanting Clough at the riverside as well, a few even said it's time to sacrifice Mowbray to get him in, which is surprising - but backs up what I said about managers reputation - at WBA Mowbray was seen as one of the most forward thinking managers in the division, at Middlesbrough he is seen as a naive tactician who struggles with the fundementals! 

For what it's worth I think Clough would be very good for Middlesbrough - talented youth set-up which always seems to be dropping players into the first team, and a much more competitive budget than us but still trying to police their finances and get the most for their money. 

I'd be pleased to see Clough get a job like Middlesbrough, rather than a league one/two side - it's just not right. Sheffield Wednesday fans were also calling for Clough to replace Jones, and a quick look on Boltons forum... his name has also popped up. On Charltons forum too, they seem keen.

Basically, if you can find any supporters that the majority agree with the boards decision then I hail you! As it is happened now, and things have died down and tuesday night gave me the world of confidence in McClaren. I just want to say, it's fantastic that Nigel has managed to build up a reputation in this division as a decent manager, hope he gets a good move (i'm sure he will) and goes on to have a great career! 

Just read the Middlesbrough fans view on him, they basically think he will probably be better without the unlimited amount of money...etc and just get on with what he does best (coaching) which seems to be the over-populating view.

Many expect him to be a success here which is nice to see.

I would say a good majority are seriously talking about wanting Clough at the riverside as well, a few even said it's time to sacrifice Mowbray to get him in, which is surprising - but backs up what I said about managers reputation - at WBA Mowbray was seen as one of the most forward thinking managers in the division, at Middlesbrough he is seen as a naive tactician who struggles with the fundementals!

For what it's worth I think Clough would be very good for Middlesbrough - talented youth set-up which always seems to be dropping players into the first team, and a much more competitive budget than us but still trying to police their finances and get the most for their money.

I'd be pleased to see Clough get a job like Middlesbrough, rather than a league one/two side - it's just not right. Sheffield Wednesday fans were also calling for Clough to replace Jones, and a quick look on Boltons forum... his name has also popped up. On Charltons forum too, they seem keen.

Basically, if you can find any supporters that the majority agree with the boards decision then I hail you! As it is happened now, and things have died down and tuesday night gave me the world of confidence in McClaren. I just want to say, it's fantastic that Nigel has managed to build up a reputation in this division as a decent manager, hope he gets a good move (i'm sure he will) and goes on to have a great career!

It's a good job then that it was us who had to watch his limited managerial ability then, and not them.

I've read a lot of forums lately. Off work!

A lot of opposing fans rate Clough and point to how little we spend without having to sell. People rate him. Doesn't matter what we think anymore. But it's a fact that other oppo fans rate him.

After watching the goals conceded ill be surprised if Buxton plays against Leeds. .

I'd be suprised if Keogh ever plays in the PL after watching his erratic performances. Far worse passer than Buxton. Reckless challenges. Poor awareness/decisions which is why he collected two yellow cards on Saturday.

I agree he'll play with Whitbread though.

Whitbread is the only defender that had a decent game on Tuesday. I reckon he'll be better than both of them.

They probably do but it's a results game Look where WBA and Swansea and Cardiff are now . Thats where I hope McClaren can take us. Doesn't mean to say NC got everything wrong because he clearly didn't.

I agree.

WBA and Cardiff had money though.

Do you seriously consider Buxton Premier class either though Alpha. Interesting to see the back 4 tomorrow as Freeman fit again. PS Whitbread was a breath of fresh air .

Out of Keogh and Buxton, Buxton is the better defender and has better distribution, he is a very competent Championship defender but the Premier League would be a step to far.

Archived