Steve McClaren

Day

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes no sense. Yes, that would have been an untruth, but you didn't say it. Nor did I claim that you had lied about anything.

Personally I don't think we're ready for promotion this year, so there's no bubble to be burst in my opinion. It's just great to see s do well against Derby for a change and we're just enjoying it. That's all.

Aww bless ya, performances by Forest against Derby have been few and far between for the last 15 years so I get where you are coming from.

1-0, 7 points clear of your lot. Sounds like pretty sour grapes mate.

lol, 7points, well that's never gonna be clawed back is it? :lol:. It must hurt the fact that because we have just got a new coach and had a complete overhaul of staff, we have forgotten about that result.

We can take a lot of positives from that game, we were better than you just couldn't score on the day. NOW we have proper coaches & tacticians.

It's a whole new ball game now. I feel good times are ahead, maybe not straight away but very soon.

Then we'll see some sour grapes.

lol, 7points, well that's never gonna be clawed back is it? :lol:. It must hurt the fact that because we have just got a new coach and had a complete overhaul of staff, we have forgotten about that result.

We can take a lot of positives from that game, we were better than you just couldn't score on the day. NOW we have proper coaches & tacticians.

It's a whole new ball game now. I feel good times are ahead, maybe not straight away but very soon.

Better than us on the day? Do you actually believe this drivel or is it a show for us red dogs?

'd/13/10/03/2a4a2ehu' alt='Posted Image' class='bbc_img' />

We thought Schteve was a 'proper coach & tactician' once.

Mate check the goalscoring chances, unless you think mindless possession with zero end product counts as being 'the better team'

Yep 3 more, wow massive domination. We had more possession and as many chances as you, also the fact that you were commiting fouls every bloody 5 mins didn't help us.

Like I said we just couldn't score on the day.

One of McClaren's best signings was the sport psychologist Bill Beswick, who had been with him through his time at Manchester United, Middlesbrough and England.

Bill Beswick was first brought in by McClaren at Derby with Jim Smith. TBE credits Bill Beswick with saving Chris Powell's career as he was crippled with insecurity and a lack of confidence until Beswick came on board.

Sounds like he has worked with McClaren everywhere since. I wonder if he's along for the ride?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A15782899

http://billbeswick.com/pages/about-us

Says he is still at Twente

Yep 3 more, wow massive domination. We had more possession and as many chances as you, also the fact that you were commiting fouls every bloody 5 mins didn't help us.

Like I said we just couldn't score on the day.

You are utterly deluded. You had two half chances the ENTIRE GAME. We missed a penalty, and open goal header and a 1v1 for Christ sake??!

We did not deserve anything against Forest. Neither team were that good but we were the poorer of the two. We had one clear chance all game, Grant pulled off some saves and they missed a peno. It's done, they currently have the bragging rights so let them brag. Time will tell about McClaren and nobody has a crystal ball to say what will happen in the future. At present there's not a lot we can say back at Forest and our 'attempts' at comebacks are a bit laughable.

Just leave it, hopefully we'll have the last laugh at the end. We've had the rub of the green the past few season "only need 10 men" etc so take it on the chin.

This is a Steve McClaren thread, can we get back on topic please.

Bill Beswick was first brought in by McClaren at Derby with Jim Smith. TBE credits Bill Beswick with saving Chris Powell's career as he was crippled with insecurity and a lack of confidence until Beswick came on board.

Sounds like he has worked with McClaren everywhere since. I wonder if he's along for the ride?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A15782899

http://billbeswick.com/pages/about-us

Says he is still at Twente

Hope we get him in here then, add him to the staff.

We did not deserve anything against Forest. Neither team were that good but we were the poorer of the two. We had one clear chance all game, Grant pulled off some saves and they missed a peno. It's done, they currently have the bragging rights so let them brag. Time will tell about McClaren and nobody has a crystal ball to say what will happen in the future. At present there's not a lot we can say back at Forest and our 'attempts' at comebacks are a bit laughable.

Just leave it, hopefully we'll have the last laugh at the end. We've had the rub of the green the past few season "only need 10 men" etc so take it on the chin.

After the game I thought no team deserved to brag, and it was telling that despite 99.6% of my mates are Forest fans after the game they didn't even give me any abuse, they said they didn't really deserve it - and it could have gone either way.

their only OTHER chances came when we was piling men forward going for broke - it was sort of an empty victory, like ours at their place last season. 

I'd love for McClaren to use his links with United and bring in some youngsters.

Hope we haven't given up on Larnell Cole, also looks like the Albrighton loan is brown bread now Cloughs gone.

Another thing I'm hoping for is an absolute ******* at the back in the mold of Igor. They are few and far between, but I remember Igor signing and I was like wtf after the Tranmere debut (despite him scoring), he settled in and the team grew and grew with confidence (20 game unbeaten). Sturridge became deadly, Willems, Gabbi, Simmo...

Think that's what the club is lacking; an experienced, charismatic ******** in the side. I'm not talking Robbie Savage either.

I'd love for McClaren to use his links with United and bring in some youngsters.

Hope we haven't given up on Larnell Cole, also looks like the Albrighton loan is brown bread now Cloughs gone.

Another thing I'm hoping for is an absolute ******* at the back in the mold of Igor. They are few and far between, but I remember Igor signing and I was like wtf after the Tranmere debut (despite him scoring), he settled in and the team grew and grew with confidence (20 game unbeaten).

Thing that's what the club is lacking; an experienced, charismatic ******** in the side. I'm not talking Robbie Savage either.

Unfortunately that type of player can go either way, you need to be so much better than everyone else with that attitude.

few players are THAT good - I can't think of anyone in this division who is THAT good, so it's not easy  :lol:

If we had been in pub and the conversation was the previous posts, this post would have been you dropping your trousers and slapping dawny and co round the face with your schlong!!! :lol:

Archived