Steve McClaren

Day

We had a AP before the Al hasawis bought the club.

As long as someone else is buying the players you'll be ok..

He's a good coach but manager??

Wait to see an influx of Dutch player coming your way shortly..

He isn't our manager.

He is head coach - there are very subtle difference, but thank you complimenting our coach. 

:)

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest fan coming in peace..

Nigel clough being sacked has to be one of the worse decisions your board has ever made..

Bringing though youngsters and lower league players (the non league Nigel tag looking back was a bit of a compliment! )

Yet u sack him for schteve???!!!!

Look forward to signings such as George boating.. Jonathan greening.. Ismail miller! All massively overpaid players!

Looking forward to the reverse fixture (even more so now!)

We haven't got the funds to sign players on ridiculous wages like Greening and Boateng.

I heard him live on sky say there are some resources available but not a lot.

The one on ramsplayer said that big investment is needed, and the owners appreciate that (something along them lines) 

He will get money, and quite a bit I'd imagine! 

Hello,

another Forest fan in peace here, never understood the vitriol between Forest & Derby really, but hey ho that's football.

Just wanted to add I think Nigel had done a pretty good job considering he'd had no money to spend, I know we all want to be in the Prem, but how do you compete with the likes of Leicester who spent £zillions when you're only option is to bring through youth players or buy lower league players?

When you think clubs like Wolves with very good players and parachute payments have got relegated I think Nigel did pretty well.

Anyway, just wanted to say I hope McClaren does well for you, but my impression from his time with us is that he has no personality, even less charisma, and so being a leader of men in a competitive league isn't really what he's cut out for.

What he achieved at Middlesborough he did after spending a lot of money, he had one success at Twente but couldn't repeat it, and was dire for us, making some terrible signings - so if you do give him some money to spend he might well end up wasting it.

Can't see him doing as well as Nigel, but it could be worse, you could have ended up with Cotterill (eek), McLeish (shudders), or dare I say it the wee Scottish fellow with a big chip on his shoulder lol.

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season I hope McClaren works out for you, but don't be surprised if it doesn't.

You not a Billy Davies fan then Dilly Bavis?

I'm a fan of what he can achieve on the pitch, but not such a big fan of how he seems to need to be falling out with someone i.e. needs to have an enemy, usually the board/chairman but it seems to be the press at the moment.

When we made the playoffs he made some very odd team selections, couldn't work out if he was cutting off his nose to spite his face.

I watched that press interview with him after the game and it was insane. He's properly bonkers isn't he?

He instigates a siege mentality even when there's nobody approaching the castle walls.

I'm a fan of what he can achieve on the pitch, but not such a big fan of how he seems to need to be falling out with someone i.e. needs to have an enemy, usually the board/chairman but it seems to be the press at the moment.

When we made the playoffs he made some very odd team selections, couldn't work out if he was cutting off his nose to spite his face.

All these dogs fans coming in peace.

BEWARE GREEKS BEARING GIFTS ;)

Archived