The truth will come out

King Kevin

There is much speculation about whose responsible for our current standing ,the board is tight ,Nigel is not a good manager etc.

Well ladies and gents we are about to find out.I think that the job of cost cutting ,gettting rid of the old guard and steading the ship Nigel has done a great job .Many other managers would have took us down in the process.

In terms of entertainment ,passion  and ambition I have been left flat to the point that supporting Derby is a labour of love. There have been  rumours that Nigel lacked ambition from around the club.

I desperately wanted him to suceed [yes because of the name and my age] but if money suddenly becomes available did they not trust him with it , or was he too loyal to current players? Will a different manager get more or less out of the current squad .

Get ready for a bumpy ride, we are about to find out.Thanks for what you did Nigel and good luck.  DCFC are about to bench mark your management skills and SR's knowledge of whats available to replace you.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heard loads of rumours on this and most of it seems like total ******

My opinion

Pros: Clough did very well in building up the academy and most of the players liked him, he also reduced the budget and made slow improvements to the squad.

Cons: Seemed at times to be out of his depth tactically, subs were either poorly timed or done by a miss read of the game, and he had no knowledge of using a scouting system that was outside, England, Scotland or Cherry Orchard. The board want a big name and don't trust him with money to spend.

Overall: Did he have to go? No, did the board want him out? Seems likely. Do the board have a replacement lined up? certainly. Should he have gone? probably no, this was his season, and were only 9 games in, if he had failed for a top 6 place this year then yes.

. Should he have gone? probably no, this was his season, and were only 9 games in, if he had failed for a top 6 place this year then yes.

Problem with that is that after the Forest game we were 14th, having never seriously challenged the Top 6 all season and in my opinion showed no signs of doing so. When do you say enough is enough? We have periodic debates on here every transfer window, at the end of every old season saying if Clough doesnt get us into the Top 6 next season then it should be his last, then we have the same conversation when next season comes around.

Don't think Clough told the board to stick it. Sounds like he stuck to his guns over a certain matter and it did not go down well with Rush.

Can you not go into any more depth mate?

Nobody will label you a bullshitter after how long you've been on here and we know you. Well, JW might.

Let's be honest, Nigel's not thick.

He's played at the highest level, I'm pretty sure deep down he knows these players are good at the very best.

Same for his sh*tty media interviews that everyone used to moan about, he would have hated them, having to lie through his teeth and be as positive as possible.

Look how much he aged with us ffs :lol;

Really hope he finds a club that give him a good budget and allow him to sign who he wants, watch them fly!

From DerbyCountyMad: 

"Now dont go biting my head off but this is a forum so thought i would share what ive heard, not sure how truthful it is but im told its come from someone inside the club.

Apparently Rush lined up the 2 United youngsters and a youngster from Chelsea who he thought was a huge coup but both clubs wanted guarentee the players would get plenty of game time which Clough refused to guarentee resulting in Rush and Clough falling out.

Will be intetesting to see if these youngsters still come in now Clough has gone."

Judging things from the outside, I's Rush wanted him to make a signing to appease the fans.

Nigel wouldn't be pushed into making a signing he didn't think was right, he alluded to that when talking of not bringing in loans that had permanents attached to them as a clause.

I thought we might have been in a spot of bother when our chief exec decided to congratulate himself on the work he did to sign russell and martin and then proceeded to do a post match interview away to Brighton, what's that all about?

I'd say we've got a very ambitious CEO who wants to have a more direct influence on the history of Derby County. He didn't hire Nige and he'll be buggered if he's waiting for that 10 year plan.

if he's got it right he'll rightly be reminding us that its him who should take the plaudits.

If he's got it wrong I hope he gets hounded out by people carrying tweezers plucking at his uneven goatee as he goes.

Just my opinion, probably wildly wrong.

Archived