A Forest fans view on Clough. Spot on read.

therams69

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spot on this bit

But I have wondered what Brian Clough would have thought if he’d seen his son’s teams led out by Robbie Savage.  Savage, who would tastefully show his arse to Forest fans before kick-off, booted anything that moved, moaned ceaselessly to the referee and, whenever anyone stood up to him, rolled around on the floor like a dog in a pile of excrement.  This is the same guy that, as Graham Poll recollected, gloated about how much he earned and joked about defecating in a match official’s toilet.  Those anecdotes seem so typically Savage.  I just think he embodied everything that’s wrong about modern football, and I’m convinced Clough Sr. wouldn’t have stood for it.

He would probably have thought fair play to nige for getting a small bit of use from a player who would have continued to earn vast sums of money even if he had not played again.

Like how you missed off the following part of "i'm probably wandering slightly off the point here" in an attempt to highlight part something supposedly negative in an article that praises nigel

I thought it was a good article from and outside, and rival, view. There are obviously things I'm there which are omitted and you wouldn't expect an article from a non-rams fan to be any more in depth. Nigel has done well in the past. He should be given credit for guiding us to where we currently are and we are now healthy as a club. But will he take us further? He mentions the away form improving but not the current poor home form, as one example of not portraying everything.

But as an article and fair assessment I like it and I'm one of those who would like a change of manager.

Archived