Clough on Sky Sports News

Bilbo

I don't think anyone has shot you down. You put one view and others put their view (debate!!). My opinion while I am on here is that it does not create the slightest problem for me, can't see why it is even brought up but that is your right of course. If you prefer a Clough bashing thread then have a look each time we lose (don't waste your time looking after we win :-) )

My sentiments exactly. I was away for millwall game. There were so little posts after the win it took ages for me to find out who played well and where things went right.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sentiments exactly. I was away for millwall game. There were so little posts after the win it took ages for me to find out who played well and where things went right.

To be fair when we lose it's not much better, everyone wants Clough out, regardless of any other factors other than the shoreline.

I was amazed at the amount of posts about the Leicester game, despite getting home in pretty reasonable time - made me laugh though

To be fair when we lose it's not much better, everyone wants Clough out, regardless of any other factors other than the shoreline.

I was amazed at the amount of posts about the Leicester game, despite getting home in pretty reasonable time - made me laugh though

Lol true. A loss always brings out the 'new' posters too who can't contain their feelings anymore. No one ever comes on and says "never posted before but just got back from millwall, what a performance"

The Forest match is just another game to me, you don't get extra points for it and you don't get docked points for losing.

Don't get the people who think getting a double over Forest/Leeds makes for a good season whatever the standing, if we get top 6 and do this it has been a fantastic season, but get 15th and it has been a dissapointment and I think this is where NC is coming from by his quotes, he probably has special feelings about this match but doesn't want to express his feelings and he doesn't have to.

Attempting to spark a reasoned debate and getting shot down for having a different opinion aren't one and the same!

So you didn't want a reasoned debate at all, you wanted people to agree.

You should have just written  ANY CLOUGH OUT ******** AND ADDRESSED IT FAO, Mosytn, Wilko, Curb, TroyDyer (unfortunately he's gone missing), McMUffin and his joyous Cloughs a cnut posts, Eranio, JayRam, NottsRam, SausageMeat, emjlc, davey, RammieB, bourneyesterday.

You'd have got 12/13 likes for sure and then your first day would have ended very well indeed.

Young Sausagemeat in particular has been like a breath of fresh air, so many views on so many topics since he joined 2 days ago, I didn't now there existed a poster with such an expansive knowledge of footballl A-Z. To be fair to him at least he hasn't come on under the banner of intelligent debate, he's only here to have a pop. 

the Clough threads get pretty monotonous, so many that are all the same

"We lost a game against Burnley which shows that Nigel's time is up because of this one game where I think we should have brought Sammon on earlier even though I booed Sammon all last year."

TBF to Bilbo this one seemed a bit different but they all come back to the same thing; an argument between the Clough Out Camp and the Clough In Camp.

Welcome anyway Bilbo  ;)

So you didn't want a reasoned debate at all, you wanted people to agree.

You should have just written  ANY CLOUGH OUT ******** AND ADDRESSED IT FAO, Mosytn, Wilko, Curb, TroyDyer (unfortunately he's gone missing), Eranio, JayRam, NottsRam, SausageMeat, emjlc, davey, RammieB, bourneyesterday.

You'd have got 12 likes for sure and then your first day would have ended very well indeed.

Young Sausagemeat in particular has been like a breath of fresh air, so many views on so many topics since he joined 2 days ago, I didn't now there existed a poster with such an expansive knowledge of footballl A-Z. To be fair to him at least he hasn't come on under the banner of intelligent debate, he's only here to have a pop. 

that's twice you've mentioned me in this thread, and I haven't even posted on it.

For the thread itself, I haven't seen or heard the interview, but going on the past, I've been annoyed by what Clough says, but only when he's personally insulting players or intimating that a win in the next fixture isn't possible.

If he's said what you say he's said, I haven't got a problem. If Fergie had said it, it'd be regarded as 'mind games'.

Did anyone else just hear him say "You don't especially look forward to it" when talking about the Forest match?

There's a tweet from going round saying he said it, if true this is mental!

TBF he says the same before every match against f****t. Try and play it down. Make them think it is another game for us, get them to be a little complacent. Then hit them with both barrels when the whistle goes.

Billy Davies will be saying something similar in one of the tabloids that he is still allowed to talk to. It is just mind games. If it works then you are a tactical mastermind, fail and you are just a clown. (Joe Kinnear springs to mind)

I wouldn't like to be Clough on Saturday.

Imagine the response if we lose? Might put me off going to ipswich at home - I hate our fans when we hit a rough patch. No support just the blame game and boo's - I'd rather toss my Saturday off pervin' in the city centre

I was going to give you a like til I read the last bit, don't want people thinking there's two weirdos out there in Westfield on Saturday. Mind you, we'd hardly look out of place!

But the first bit, yeah.

that's twice you've mentioned me in this thread, and I haven't even posted on it.

For the thread itself, I haven't seen or heard the interview, but going on the past, I've been annoyed by what Clough says, but only when he's personally insulting players or intimating that a win in the next fixture isn't possible.

If he's said what you say he's said, I haven't got a problem. If Fergie had said it, it'd be regarded as 'mind games'.

Spot on, he'll be aware of all the pressure the fans put on the game, he won't want to add to that or put any extra pressure on the players either.

And maybe, if he did say that, it's because that's what he thinks.

And thirdly, I'm not sure I've ever heard Nigel big up a a game, it's just not his style.

For me, if the manager dreads it, fair enough, and, as ilkleyram said there are a lot of connotations, but to come out and say it on TV is bang out of order in my humble opinion! He needs to bottle that stuff up and motivate his boys!

I have just seen the interview in full, I usually buzz for this fixture, but he has me deflated, I'm almost glad that florest cut our ticket allocation and I couldn't get one!

This isn't a Clough in or Clough out thread it's a "Could anyone confirm what Clough said because the word on the street was that he said he wasn't looking forward to Saturday's match"

I think already you are suffering from a credibility issue here kiddo. Have you seen it or have you not? 

Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.

Thomas Jefferson  :)

Crikey! I've watched this forum a week before joining, but i didn't realise just how loyal it's members are to Nigel! Maybe I made a mistake joining, I thought forums were a place to spark reasoned debates, not get shot down for conflicting opinions

Don't worry, a vast majority of the members here are either OAP's still getting to grips with Windows 95 and believing Nigel can bring back the UEFA cup

OR so called know it alls in awe at finishing above Millwall who'd accept any defeating, who don't even live in the ruddy Country like Uncle Albert.

If you don't rate Nigel, prepare to get bummed to Mexico City like myself and Bris.

Chin up and don't stop till you get enough as Wacko Jacko once said.

Don't worry, a vast majority of the members here are either OAP's still getting to grips with Windows 95 and believing Nigel can bring back the UEFA cup

OR so called know it alls in awe at finishing above Millwall who'd accept any defeating, who don't even live in the ruddy Country...

Chin up and don't stop till you get enough as Wacko Jacko once said.

I don't think you could be more wrong.

I would say the majority of this board is full of members, that are absolutely fantastic and a credit to the club.

Have a drink on me everyone  :D

Archived