Clough on Sky Sports News

Bilbo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally don't think it's right to say something like that on the telebox, where your fans and players can see it, it's hardly inspiring!

Maybe he's playing the press like Mourinho. It's all about the mind games ;)

Really he's telling the players that this game means everything to him and he's relishing it.

It's not, I have been pro Clough, but I'm genuinely waining, the fact that you think I just wanted to say CLOUGH OUT shows you misread my original post, I said (And rightfully so) that if he said what he said I'd be worried...

Why would you be worried? Do you mean you think he doesn't want to win? Do you think he doesn't support Derby? I don't understand your worry?

Don't worry, a vast majority of the members here are either OAP's still getting to grips with Windows 95 and believing Nigel can bring back the UEFA cup

OR so called know it alls in awe at finishing above Millwall who'd accept any defeating, who don't even live in the ruddy Country like Uncle Albert.

If you don't rate Nigel, prepare to get bummed to Mexico City like myself and Bris.

Chin up and don't stop till you get enough as Wacko Jacko once said.

Alternatively.

If you're not prepared to throw everyone at the club under the bus every time we lose, if you're not prepared to lie to get your point across, to make stuff up to try to reinforce an opinion based on hate. In fact if you don't just to come on here to fight and to argue about all things Derby County then you'll get bummed all the way to Mexico city and back by charmers who think nothing of throwing insults around left right and centre, trying to disguise their own nastiness and low intellect levels by cheaply labelling anyone who doesn't agree with them.

If you come on here as someone offering anything other than pure hatred of our manager, if you come on just  to discuss football and life with other interesting souls, then prepare to be called all the names under the sun by someone who has no class. There are one or two of them around.

Chin Up, you could always support the club you're supposed to love.

Bravo bravo, wonderful speech.

Even the Nigel Clough in his under crackers poster on you're bedroom wall managed to smile.

Pure hatred of the manager? Eh? That's abit OTT. Bored stiff of him would be the correct assumption, bored of the direction the club is heading, bored of the same five year spin I've somehow managed to put up with, bored of people like you who'll always manage to find something to praise him about.

33% win in FIVE years is appalling

Continuing to get knocked out the cup by either tinpot sides or a reserve eleven

Bored of reading "oh he's done brilliant on a nothing budget" WTF? He continues to stick a million plus (non goal scoring) striker on the bench. Nothing budget my anus,

Same old **** man, wise up. We are heading nowhere under him. If we get beat nine nill against Florist you or anther one of the famous Clough posse will still come out with "oh it wasn't double figures" or "it's still early on in the season".

What will it actually take? Relegation? Another five years? Another 5,000 empty seats? There's like you, Eddie, Albert and a dozen or so others who will always find something to excuse Nigel Clough for shouldering any sort of blame. It's hilarious reading it, I've bookmarked about twenty threads with "Nigel's the right man", "he will take us to the promise land" comments, in preparation to when he finally gets the axe.

But hey, continue hoping he's the right man. It isn't bad having hope, but someone is going to have serious egg on face one way or another.

Don't worry, a vast majority of the members here are either OAP's still getting to grips with Windows 95 and believing Nigel can bring back the UEFA cup

OR so called know it alls in awe at finishing above Millwall who'd accept any defeating, who don't even live in the ruddy Country like Uncle Albert.

If you don't rate Nigel, prepare to get bummed to Mexico City like myself and Bris.

Chin up and don't stop till you get enough as Wacko Jacko once said.

"Myself and bris" made me chuckle. Bris is/was something of a celebrity on here. You aren't fit to lace his boots.

It seems there are a fair few individuals on here who want to see Clough/Derby fail because it suits their agenda.

There's a bloke who sits in front of me who is quiet as a mouse when we're winning, but if we aren't he's as vocal and animated as anyone.

Yes, some of us have concerns as to when we'll ever become promotion contenders (it's not normal to flirt with mid table as a Derby fan for too many years on the run!), however to constantly bang on about it does get tedious.

I'd love to see Clough be successful, but I don't know if he will. I suppose if he was, you would only have to bear it for a year, as we'd lose more the following season and you could be happy in your bitterness towards him again.

How about a you post what solutions you think are necessary to facilitate a promotion season?

Derby fans are currently more polarised than I can remember. Neither side is going to convince the other.

Eventually either we will go up or Clough will leave. Until then these arguments will continue.

At least we can all come together in our desire to beat Forest tomorrow!

You would hope. I have seen a few people saying they aren't sure if they want us to win or not!?! I mean WTF? I think Clough has taken as far as he can, and we need some new impetuous to push on to the next level, but I still want us to win every game!!

You would hope. I have seen a few people saying they aren't sure if they want us to win or not!?! I mean WTF? I think Clough has taken as far as he can, and we need some new impetuous to push on to the next level, but I still want us to win every game!!

I want us to win. without doubt.

BUT, if we was to lose... I want it to be a thrashing so this clown is bombed out with his band of mates who are fatter than me!

Derby fans are currently more polarised than I can remember. Neither side is going to convince the other.

Eventually either we will go up or Clough will leave. Until then these arguments will continue.

I'm not sure that everyone is that polarised. Many people think Clough has done a great job in the circumstances. Many other people think Clough has done a good job in the circumstances. A few, usually noisy people, entirely ignore the circumstsnces and judge Clough as an abject failure as progress is too slow for their liking. These people often wrote Clough off early on, so their reactions are becoming more desperate as our chances of top 6 improve. As someone else posted, they will just continue the same agenda if we got into playoffs, premiership, europe etc etc. These people make up a small section of supporters but a huge amount of posts.

BUT, if we was to lose... I want it to be a thrashing so this clown is bombed out with his band of mates who are fatter than me!

I can understand where you are coming from. You want us to win first and foremost, that is the point of supporting your team. But there are people out there that are saying they aren't sure if they want us to win, for me that is just sacrilege, every Derby fan should want us to be as successful as possible, regardless of who is in charge, playing for us, playing against us or managing the other team.

I agree, the only comfort in losing might be that Clough walks, I'm not anti Clough, I just think his time has come, managers do it all the time when they realise they can't progress the club, just look at Pulis at Stoke, Kenny Jackett at Millwall or even Fergie to some extent.

The problem is that no other club in the country are going to poach him if they're managerless are they?

I agree, the only comfort in losing might be that Clough walks, I'm not anti Clough, I just think his time has come, managers do it all the time when they realise they can't progress the club, just look at Pulis at Stoke, Kenny Jackett at Millwall or even Fergie to some extent.

The problem is that no other club in the country are going to poach him if they're managerless are they?

Pullis was sacked "by mutual consent" - he did an article in the paper saying he didn't want to leave but the chairman thought it was time for a fresh approach.

Ferguson retired having won everything the game has to offer, are you really trying to claim he walked away cos he couldn't progress them?

Jackett was the only one out of those 3 to walk away citing he'd taken the club as far as he could.

Pullis was sacked "by mutual consent" - he did an article in the paper saying he didn't want to leave but the chairman thought it was time for a fresh approach.

Ferguson retired having won everything the game has to offer, are you really trying to claim he walked away cos he couldn't progress them?

Jackett was the only one out of those 3 to walk away citing he'd taken the club as far as he could.

True. Pulis may have taken Stoke as far as he could but it wasn't his choice. I'm not going to even comment on the Fergie thing, honestly to say he'd taken them as far as he could, wow!

It's down the owners to decide if the current setup needs improving or not.

"Myself and bris" made me chuckle. Bris is/was something of a celebrity on here. You aren't fit to lace his boots.

Who the bleedin hell are are you anyway? You insulted Eranio's every other post, don't start doing that with mine now he's gone.

"Celebrity"? Funny that, every other post he does gets slated to the rectum by someone.

Lace his boots? Is he now a drag queen or something? what a rather queer remark.

Making the most of it whilst you can eh? When Cloughs gone you and the rest of the Brady bunch will be hiding under a brick.

Gonna have such a ball when he's gone by Crimbo, the amount of **** I've bookmarked ie : "oh he's the right man", "he can get us into the promised land", "he's a future England manager".

Archived