Clough on Sky Sports News

Bilbo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the same with players too:

Dean Sturridge was worshipped during his time here, was untouchable by most and rightly so, but when he came back to Pride Park during a sin with QPR (in 2005) he got booed off whilst being subbed and the DET forum posters were calling him every name under the sun, which to me was an absolutely disgraceful reaction when his twenty league goals got us out the division and into the Prem.

Deano achieved ten times more at this club than Clough currently.

But that's just me. I'll always stick with my opinion on Nigel until he does something worthy of being praised. Like I've said countless times on here; if he made us a top six team I'll take everything I said about Nigel Clough back and will be the first to admit I was wrong. How many will say on here they were wrong about him being the "right man" if he got the boot after tomorrow's game?

I'm the same. For many reasons, I'd love Clough to find some magic and force humble pie down my throat. But the sad facts are, you're either a naturally good manager, or you're not. Some managers can buy it, but get found out. Others over-achieve, but I can't think of bad or average managers that became excellent after loads of years managing.

For me, if the manager dreads it, fair enough, and, as ilkleyram said there are a lot of connotations, but to come out and say it on TV is bang out of order in my humble opinion! He needs to bottle that stuff up and motivate his boys!

I have just seen the interview in full, I usually buzz for this fixture, but he has me deflated, I'm almost glad that florest cut our ticket allocation and I couldn't get one!

I'm glad too.

It's the same with players too:

Dean Sturridge was worshipped during his time here, was untouchable by most and rightly so, but when he came back to Pride Park during a sin with QPR (in 2005) he got booed off whilst being subbed and the DET forum posters were calling him every name under the sun, which to me was an absolutely disgraceful reaction when his twenty league goals got us out the division and into the Prem.

Deano achieved ten times more at this club than Clough currently.

But that's with my opinion on Nigel until he does something worthy of being praised. Like I've said countless times on here; if he made us a top six team I'll take everything I said about Nigel Clough back and will be the first to admit I was wrong. How many will say on here they were wrong about him being the "right man" if he got the boot after tomorrow's game?

If we got top six you would take everything back. I've bookedmarked every one of you snidey posts after we lose so i can check you've corrected what you have said. I haven't really, that would be deeply weird.

Anyway, by your rational, if we were top at Xmas and then spent 25 million in transfer window, you would take everything back if we finished 6th on goal difference?

And if Clough were forced to sell 8 of our first team in Jan and we missed out on top six on goal difference, he would hopefully be fired so you could get all your bookmarks out and laugh at someone who hasn't posted for two years, but once said they believed Clough could get us promoted?

By the way, maybe you haven't noticed but not all celebrities are loved. For example, let's say Savage is a football celebrity who isn't entirely popular. Now imagine there is a Sunday League footballer who acts in the same way as Savage did. Hardly anyone knows who he is but everyone who plays in his league thinks he's a bit of a fool. He likes to compare himself to the retired Savage, but everyone else says he's not fit to lace Robbie's footbsll boots, as junior plays would have to do back in the day.. This is quite damning as they also think Sav is a bit of a nob too.

I want us to win. without doubt.

BUT, if we was to lose... I want it to be a thrashing so this clown is bombed out with his band of mates who are fatter than me!

So let me get this right, if we are losing 2-0 with 5 minutes to go, you would be cheering Forest on and willing the to score? 

It works both way.

If Clough wasn't forced into selling anyone (which he isn't), if we are still stuck in the mid reaches of the league, if Nigel was given funds in January, IF we are still struggling to put a consistent run of wins together, would YOU come on here and apologise for the constant hate towards my posts "anti Nigel" posts?

Would YOU say "yes you were absolutely right Nigel failed to make us a competitive top six side"? No I didn't think so.

If we lose today I can see the pressure being cranked up bigtime.

Under no circumstances do I want us to lose. 1-0, 5-0 matters not. I want a win, I want a win in every game. I want us to reach top 6 and for me to have to come on here and get the abuse I'd deserve. How a big defeat can be seen as a positive, no matter what your feelings in the manager are is a strange concept to me.

Under no circumstances do I want us to lose. 1-0, 5-0 matters not. I want a win, I want a win in every game. I want us to reach top 6 and for me to have to come on here and get the abuse I'd deserve. How a big defeat can be seen as a positive, no matter what your feelings in the manager are is a strange concept to me.

It's because you are a normal person who provides reasoned opinion on why you think Clough could be doing better. Not someone who just posts clough out when we lose and disappears when we win. Your agenda is that you just want Derby to be successful rather than just to tell everyone you told them so.

It works both way.

If Clough wasn't forced into selling anyone (which he isn't), if we are still stuck in the mid reaches of the league, if Nigel was given funds in January, IF we are still struggling to put a consistent run of wins together, would YOU come on here and apologise for the constant hate towards my posts "anti Nigel" posts?

Would YOU say "yes you were absolutely right Nigel failed to make us a competitive top six side"? No I didn't think so.

If we lose today I can see the pressure being cranked up bigtime.

Do you use lots of usernames as i csn only ever remember replying to you once or twice? Are u eranio?

Did anyone else just hear him say "You don't especially look forward to it" when talking about the Forest match?

There's a tweet from going round saying he said it, if true this is mental!

Think we know why he wasn't looking forward to it, he knew he'd be getting the chop if we lost.

Same here. But when I want us to win every game, that's not top six I'm after. Top 1 would do.

Archived