Saudi Prince Considered Investing

Chris Peduck

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if we do get promoted. The satisfaction of knowing we did it on a tight budget will be nice.

Ie we didn't have money from premier league parachute payments.

Or an Arabian prince spending his pocket money on a football club.

Having said that I would just like to be promoted to be honest so if we had got taken over by this dude and he bought us promotion I would have welcomed it.

Yep. To every word. Sometimes, when I get down - and watching the replay of the Derby 1 - Newcastle 0 match for the billionth time doesn't lift my spirits - I wonder "what if we offered to change our name?" Abu Derby County doesn't sound that bad...and it would get us in the top half of the pre-season Championship table.

Is it me or do most Derby fans underestimate the size of the club/potential we have? We own our own Premiership standard ground, own our own 1st class training ground, been in the top 3 for average attendances for God knows how many years (and that's without having a lot to shout about!). And also have an excellent football tradition. What wouldn't be attractive to a foreign owner? Anyone with any common sense would surely be looking at Derby, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday as great investments. The advantage with us is our facilities I would have thought.

To be serious about it, I think you're on to something. Derby are the major team in its county, it has a number of natural rivals without the sorrier traditions which come with that. The Academy is building; the glory days are not so distant; in terms of support, I would suggest Derby are clearly in the upper rung of the middle tier clubs, albeit probably more locally concentrated.

To be honest, I've always wondered why our profile isn't higher. Relatively few high profile supporters doesn't help; Tim Brooke-Taylor can only do so much of the heavy lifting.

Hence my suspicion of mysterious new "foreign investors"!!

GSE in fairness haven't been as destructive as some other owners I could mention - the main charges levelled at their door are initial over-ambition & subsequent stagnation.

Not wanting to get naked and jump off a boat, wasn't <clear throat of phlegm> a British citizen?

Surprised the investors haven't pulled out yet in all honesty, people are right in the sense GSE own and manage the club and the majority of the money comes from investors.

I feel like we're like a panda in south east china at the minute, 'send £2 pound a month and you could adapt a panda' kind of deal - except instead of 2 pound it's like $500k a month, and instead of a panda you get shares in a middle of the road championship club.

:lol:

Surprised the investors haven't pulled out yet in all honesty, people are right in the sense GSE own and manage the club and the majority of the money comes from investors.

I feel like we're like a panda in south east china at the minute, 'send £2 pound a month and you could adapt a panda' kind of deal - except instead of 2 pound it's like $500k a month, and instead of a panda you get shares in a middle of the road championship club.

:lol:

Thank god we aren't like the pandas in the next zoo getting artificially inseminated. All they understand is that something wonderful has happened and they have no idea how...

Getting disturbing visuals now. Must stop.

This almost deserves a thread in it's own right because it's the most brilliantly stupid rumour I've heard in years about a new potential investors - this was on the DET comments thread on Bryson's hat trick

by mystic_sheep

Sunday, September 15 2013, 12:14PM

Great win, against lets be honest the worst side in the Championship. But even the tho result was brilliant, it was something else I wanted to talk about. I've just got back from a holiday in the USA and word on the street is we are going to be sold in around 5months time. The person who is wanting to buy us is none other than Jon Bon Jovi, mad crazy I know. But he got the taste for Football while watching a West Ham United game afew years back. He already owns an American Football team in the USA and now wants to add a Soccer time to his empire. With us having American owners and One of our own from One Direction being in the biggest group in the USA telling Jon about us it's all starting to make sence. He will finish his world tour then talks will open with Derby about buying the Club? Watch this space.

WTF???

This almost deserves a thread in it's own right because it's the most brilliantly stupid rumour I've heard in years about a new potential investors - this was on the DET comments thread on Bryson's hat trick

WTF???

The clown who posts as "mystic sheep" on the DET site is a Forest fan posing as a Ram. He tends to come out with some absolute sh*te always comparing us unfavourably to the red lot. Its about as subtle as sideshowbob

I went to Skegness and the word on the street there is entirely different. There are accusations that some of the goods on the market at fantasy island are of questionable origin.

I'll put 'USA' in my sat nav and see if I can confirm these rumours.

brb

Archived