• Last Reply

central midfield options:-

Bailey,

Davies,

Coutts,

Eustace,

Hughes,

Bryson,

I think I can recall Clough using both O'Connor and Gjokal in midfield for the last 10-15 mins when trying to protect a 1-goal deficit at home!

So that is seven options for one or two places (depending on formation)

Is that article a joke? We have 6/7 midfielders, but only five defenders! Yet we're adding cover to the midfield. What is eustace here for if not to cover for Hendrick?

Inclined to agree with the Cloughs last season comment, seems stubborn to a fault and ultimately will cost him his job

Was just reading this on the DET site and almost spat me tea all over the monitor. That's it, we've had it. For all the good Nigel's done (come on there have been some positives since he took charge...) this has finally convinced me that we will go nowhere with him in charge. Even if you take Bailey's injury into account we've got midfielders coming out of our 'arris. Even f**kin Tyson can play wide left if needs be!!!

We need defenders!!! I say defenders because when alls said and done Forsyth is a winger doing a p1ss poor impression of a fullback so if we REALLY want to make the play offs a realistic aim we need a CB & LB. If only to offer some competition. I bet Sir Jake gets up every morning and laughs his b0ll0cks off at the fact he is a regular starter for a Championship football team, he really must...

I'm with the majority on this - crying out for a defender, yet look to bring in someone with plenty of cover? 

also to say Keogh and Buxton played well on saturday is one of the most ridiculous and quite frankly worrying comments he has come out with since he has been here, if he carries on in this fashion he'll struggle to win a lot of fans this season.

I'm a big Clough fan for the approach he is trying...etc but mindless comments like this, especially after he hung out a younger yet better performer about the same game is just frankly ridiclous.

Keogh's CLOD like performances this season have done little to make me confident about his ability.

I'm with the majority on this - crying out for a defender, yet look to bring in someone with plenty of cover?

also to say Keogh and Buxton played well on saturday is one of the most ridiculous and quite frankly worrying comments he has come out with since he has been here, if he carries on in this fashion he'll struggle to win a lot of fans this season.

I'm a big Clough fan for the approach he is trying...etc but mindless comments like this, especially after he hung out a younger yet better performer about the same game is just frankly ridiclous.

Keogh's CLOD like performances this season have done little to make me confident about his ability.

A couple of years ago I was firmly Clough, won me round last season despite our shocking away form. This summer I was genuinely optimistic looking at our squad, started to think Clough has put a decent squad together without spending millions. Seems to be undoing all his hard work.

His blind, misplaced loyalties to certain players really grates on people.

First he said ok nit well.

He hasn't ruled out a CB.

If he brings in a good CM then great.

We had one of the best defensive records in the league until Saturday. It's one game.

Chill out.

Don't know, if it were me I would be busting my gut to sign a centre back today - perhaps we can't afford the phone bill?  :ph34r:

Archived