Stupidest thing you've heard from a Derby manager

drgoodspeak

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The midfield is one area where we do have options.. So we bring in another square peg for a round hole ffs.

NIGEL WE NEED DEFENDERS.............................. AND A MANAGER

Question: How many clear cut chances did our midfield create in the game on Saturday?

The defending was woeful I admit, but after 'careful reflection' on saturday night I've come to the conclusion that our midfield is the major problem... Absolutely NO defensive cover and not creative enough to break down their defence...

All very well saying "they set up with 8 at the back" (which they did) but if we want to compete at the top of this league we need a midfield capable of breaking that down...

All very well saying "they set up with 8 at the back" (which they did) but if we want to compete at the top of this league we need a midfield capable of breaking that down...

I can't believe other teams have the cheek to have a plan to stop us winning! Borderline cheating

Does Clough not realise its his job to have a better plan?

Question: How many clear cut chances did our midfield create in the game on Saturday?

The defending was woeful I admit, but after 'careful reflection' on saturday night I've come to the conclusion that our midfield is the major problem... Absolutely NO defensive cover and not creative enough to break down their defence...

agreed should have played Eustace and Ward at the base and tip of a diamond 

Didn't we have at least five reasonably clear cut chances on Saturday?

Didn't we have at least five reasonably clear cut chances on Saturday?

Didn't we miss them? The world of if's and but's leads to endless possibilities. The reality is the only thing that matters. We missed them, we didn't score the peno and we conceded sloppy goals. I know I may now be labelled a "wrist slasher" as I dared to point out what happened rather than what could have and see the positive in everything but its a tag I'll have to live with. Blackburn can sit there after the first game saying "we hit the post, we had another great chance after that too and their goal was a peno. We should have won" but they didn't.....so what does it all mean? Nothing. Plus you don't lose 3-0 through being unlucky.

Didn't we miss them? The world of if's and but's leads to endless possibilities. The reality is the only thing that matters. We missed them, we didn't score the peno and we conceded sloppy goals. I know I may now be labelled a "wrist slasher" as I dared to point out what happened rather than what could have and see the positive in everything but its a tag I'll have to live with. Blackburn can sit there after the first game saying "we hit the post, we had another great chance after that too and their goal was a peno. We should have won" but they didn't.....so what does it all mean? Nothing. Plus you don't lose 3-0 through being unlucky.

Yup, we definitely missed them. I was more referring to someone saying we didn't create any chances when I can remember 5 occasions when we had not over difficult chances.

Careful, don't let the facts spoil the wrist slashers feast ;)

Fine lines again, had the penalty gone in, an entirely different forum I would guess.

We didn't have a shot worth the name until the last 5 minutes of the first half (neither of which tested the keeper), by which time we were 2-0 down.

Fine lines? Comprehensively beaten IMO, by a very average side. They had a 4th turned down for offside that was very iffy and at least one chance for every one we missed.

We were as good as anyone at home last season - so why change the system?

Enough is enough. If I was Sam I'd be thinking about who's available to replace him and how long the new man should get before Christmas in order to be ready to change it in January.

I desperately want Nigel to make me retract that, but the quality of the three performances at home has been appalling. We haven't scored from open play ffs.

Archived