Stupidest thing you've heard from a Derby manager

drgoodspeak

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, we definitely missed them. I was more referring to someone saying we didn't create any chances when I can remember 5 occasions when we had not over difficult chances.

We had a penalty that should not have been given, a one on one from a headed back pass that fell to Russell. Don't remember us creating any clear cut chances...could be wrong though.

Didn't we have at least five reasonably clear cut chances on Saturday?

Penalty, and then Russell and Martin both clear in on the keeper, Russell had a tight angle (but maybe should have done better) and Martin's was on the turn so wouldn't have know where the keeper was...

All the rest where hopeless punts from the edge of the area... None of our players seem to be able to hit the ball with any power...

Absolutely agree, but we did have chances. The point i was trying to make (probably badly) was that we did have opportunities but missed them all. The Burnley goals all came as a result of bad defensive errors (mostly uncharacteristic) and unlike some on here and in view of the fact that we have defended generally OK this season, I am prepared to put it down as a bad day at the office. If the same thing happens over the next five games I will start to get concerned.

Archived