Transfer deadline

WilkoRam

With it fast approaching does anyone truly believe we will sign anyone before it closes? For me we desperately need another CB but I don't see one coming. Are we not looking anymore? Can we not find one through our huge scouting network? Is there a shortage of CB's in Scotland or something?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more worried about not cashing in on Hughes.

Obviously we can't stand in his way. And the money would be nice. But we've made plans with him and have no time to spend.

If somebody does want him I hope they wait a bit now.

Not leave it until the last minute and then dangle £8m in front of us.

not a chance if anything they'll keep until January when the silly spending window opens then get sold with a 6 month return loan till the summer. Unless ofcourse it looks as though were promotion candidates then we might keep him till the summer.

Re-read what i quoted. I agree with you by the way dont think hughes is going anywhere this window

I'm more worried about not cashing in on Hughes.

Obviously we can't stand in his way. And the money would be nice. But we've made plans with him and have no time to spend.

If somebody does want him I hope they wait a bit now.

Not leave it until the last minute and then dangle £8m in front of us.

I share your pain on this Alpha, I'd be gutted if he was sold in the next few days. This team could gel over the next few months with Will pulling the strings.

There is not a player like him in the Championship, he's unique.

[indent]Nigel Clough: "We are happy with the squad. We don't expect to make any additions before the end of the window""https://s3.amazonaws.com/avatars.scribblelive.com/2010/9/7/d0dce9d0-6be2-49c1-ba2c-8c1ffb2d6c9e" alt="d0dce9d0-6be2-49c1-ba2c-8c1ffb2d6c9e">Derby Countyvia twitter on Aug 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM[/indent]

by Mark Buckingham 12:33 PM

Personally i think its ridiclous. One decent centre half and i really think we could push for top 6.

Trying to stay positive we can still loan players after the window closes, think there is a two week gap roughly. Agree it's not very ambitious though, another centre back and I think everyone would be happy and have competition in all areas.

Archived