Transfer deadline

WilkoRam

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming the logic is the squad looks ok. Enough options.

In Jan though a few players might not have performed or injuries have taken toll and we'll know where to strengthen.

Where would Nige want to strengthen? Who won't he be pleased with?

I think he's fairly happy that this team can get amongst the Play Off area and he can strengthen in Jan for a push.

(Personally I'd buy a CB.)

Thought I'd merge no players coming in with transfer deadline day, I love deadline day me

"002.lazygirls.info/people/natalie_sawyer/natalie_sawyer_cleavage_sky_sports_news_hd_12th_july_2011__qUkJ516.sized" alt="natalie_sawyer_cleavage_sky_sports_news_">

I assume he's going to wait and then persevere with OB for CB cover/starting competition. Anyone know when he's meant to be back?

There was a piece on Rams Player the other week where OB due back next month. I'd say he's in with a shout of being on the bench by October.

He may well be happy with the side and believe the side is capable of a top 6 finish. But no club achieved anything by only having a good starting XI. You need a squad, you need rotation to some extent, especially in the championship with the amount of games you play. You need cover for injuries, suspensions, loss of form. We're not exactly renowned for going a season with few injuries are we?

The idea we are waiting until Jan to get them on a cheap? Jan is the panic buy window. Teams spend the extra for the player to help them push to the top or away from the bottom. We won't get anyone cheaper then than now.

I know Nigel likes a small squad and maybe he's thinking that OB and SB will be back this season at some point so if he signed another then that will be 5 for two places. I am understand that. But there's no guarantee that they will come back, how they'll come back or if JB and RK will stay fit until then. Why not get a CB on loan from a Prem club. No expectation to play every week, good cover and not someone we're lumbered with should OB and SB come back all hunky dory?

Surely we've got more depth in the squad than we've had in years. I'm not convinced yet that the first team is any better than it was last year, although Martin and Russell threaten to make me retract that.

The centre half situation doesn't bother me massively. If we can get a significantly better one then I think we will, but no point getting one for the sake of it.

I'd have taken Richard Dunne, but I wouldn't be signing a Champ journeyman like, say, Luke Chambers.

We all know they'll take a loan if necessary.

What makes people so sure we have a CB lined up? If we did why wait? What's the benefit in waiting?

I'm not trying to make a big issue about this as on the pitch things are going well and we should all enjoy that but a lack if depth there is a worry for me.

Archived