Derby County v Leicester City

-JW-

Yeah realise that mate but nonetheless they have flown out of the traps, which builds confidence while it already feels a bit like deja vu for us. Early days like I said but get the sense that Clough is still a tactical desert and that doesn't inspire confidence in me and I'm sure in other Rams fans. 

Apologies if I came across as a grumpy old scrote there Jay, a combination of losing our undefeated record at home so early in the season and the thought of that little skank driving home think how marvelous he is got the better of me. 

If that was O'Driscoll that got them off to their flyer I wouldn't feel so bad, I'm afraid I'm very much a Davies hater.

"http://www.gamecanadian.com/public/style_emoticons/default/Beer%20emoticon" alt="Beer%20emoticon">

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What game did all these negative people watch? 

Leicester scored a weak goal from a corner that should not have been allowed as Buxton was shoved in the back. They had a couple of chances in the first half, both Keogh's fault. (free header and through on goal because of his in ability to pass when and where he should). 

The entire game they were cheating and fouling, the referee was awful. We were by far the better side. Whoever thinks Buxton is not good enough, I can't take your opinions seriously. Russell is our Tevez, we have needed a player like him. Forsyth was having one of those days, but let us remember he is not a defender and yet despite having a poor game he still played OK. 

We play like that again and we will win, can't win every game. Stop the moaning and get behind the team. I am more than happy with what we have got and how we have played so far. The first 3 matches we have played have been against teams who will all finish top 8. 

Russell is our Tevez? Forsyth is not a defender? You clearly have no clue what you are talking about, Forsyth is our number 1 left back, and as such I would hope that he'd be able to defend. Russell has featured in 3 games and is still bedding in, in fact has struggled so far, I think it is a little early to be calling him 'our Tevez'. If we are to finish top 8, we need a lot more than what is currently on show!

Apologies if I came across as a grumpy old scrote there Jay, a combination of losing our undefeated record at home so early in the season and the thought of that little skank driving home think how marvelous he is got the better of me. 

If that was O'Driscoll that got them off to their flyer I wouldn't feel so bad, I'm afraid I'm very much a Davies hater.

"http://www.gamecanadian.com/public/style_emoticons/default/Beer%20emoticon" alt="Beer%20emoticon">

Don't worry EHR, it will go wrong for Davies soon. It always does!

I thought we were the better side today! I think they were very well organised at the back which stopped us from breaking through! I think today we should of played wide men to get passed them! But what I saw today was some nice football! There fans singing about "burning kids" was not needed

I was fuming earlier but cooled off now, I bet if I watch the game back it won't be as bad as it seemed. So sloppy throughout, especially from Keogh and Forsyth. Struggled to break Leicester down but thought they were very solid. Point would have been fair IMO. Oh well! 

Roll on next week, a bit of bouncebackability at Yeovil on view the sunny terrace? Up the Rams. 

Frustrating game.

We were okay and I think Leicester being solid at the back had more to do with the result than us being poor. The narrowness of the formation held us back at time, especially as Freeman and Forsyth don't run at people.

I'm not knocking Leicester or saying we was robbed but they didn't deserve to win today. Their performance merited a draw and they were lucky to get a goal. Referee was inconsistent, but life's a bitch, get on with it. If we played like we did today against A Huddersfield/Barnsley type we'd have won comfortably 

I'm going to have to live with the ******** for the next few weeks though, wish me luck  :rolleyes:

Another game I couldn't make. On here there seems to be the two opposite points of view. The first that we were poor and deserved what we got, the other being that they weren't very good and didn't deserve what they got/we deserved more.

Can only go off the twitter feeds and it sounds like they could have grabbed more than the one goal. We played alright to a point but couldn't break them down in the final 3rd. As others have said, that seems all too familiar to the last x amount of seasons. We can pass it around until it gets to a point where we need to create something and we just don't have the keys to unlock anything above an average defence. On another day I'm sure could have beaten a Huddersfield or similar but I can't help but feel that if we are aiming for top 6 then we need to improve. We need to break teams down and if we can't learn to do that then we wont make it to the play-offs. I'm not confident enough at the back to think that when we come up against a strong defensive unit that we will also keep them out. I always feel we need at least 2 goals to win a game and if we don't have that creativity then we will struggle against any well organised team.

As most have said, it's early days and things could change. The team might find it's rythm and we could get some good results but at the moment I have the feeling of 'same old, same old' and I know this is going off others comments and twitter feeds so it's not the best analysis.

I don't think we played shockingly bad. Neither goalie was properly tested.

Keogh was ***** though. He waves his arms around far too much and panics whenever he gets the ball and tries to get rid of it asap which is why his passing is shocking.

Coutts and Freeman do not link up well, Coutts was abysmal second half and was rightly subbed. Ward and Sammon were much more of a threat in the short time they were on

Worst player was Forsyth, so many basic errors.

Grant not convincing either, and Bryson has been disappointing.

But apart from that...

Russell is our Tevez? Forsyth is not a defender? You clearly have no clue what you are talking about, Forsyth is our number 1 left back, and as such I would hope that he'd be able to defend. Russell has featured in 3 games and is still bedding in, in fact has struggled so far, I think it is a little early to be calling him 'our Tevez'. If we are to finish top 8, we need a lot more than what is currently on show!

Like Tevez he gets stuck in and chases lost causes down. Everyone knows that before Derby County Forsyth was not a defender that is the point I was making. Me clueless...

I must have been at a different game, or perhaps the only one sober!

Aside from Keogh, none of the Derby players' performances directly contributed to the result. Forsyth made two or three basic errors, mainly letting the ball roll over the touchline, but they were nowhere near as bad as Keogh running THREE TIMES with the ball into a Leicester tackle. I know Derby fans like a scapegoat, but today, Keogh should be the man you're moaning about, not Forsyth, nor Coutts. 

What does surprise me is how few posters on here are astute when it comes to reading the game! I couldn't care less how patronising or arrogant this reads, but it's obvious to me so it'll be even more obvious to someone like Nigel Pearson. I've been having the counter-argument for the whole time I've been back on this forum, when someone says "we play some amazing stuff" or similar, I have to point out that nice, neat, little triangles of passing in the middle third does not equate to playing well. It's just one aspect of the game. Being able to pass nicely near halfway is about 20% of what you need to be able to do. You need to be able to defend, and you need to be able to attack. We are pretty poor at both.

It was about 67 minutes until we had a 'shot' where the ball actually entered the six yard box. Up until then, our goal attempts were 27 yard shots that were blocked from 23 yards or whatever. I felt sorry for Johnny Russell. He had to do all of his work is a midfield position, only to be criticised by fans! Astounding. The poor lad is being managed by a naive and uninspiring manager, and being asked to play a bizarre role for a striker. How many times did the ball enter the area in front of him? How many chances was he presented in the area? How many times did he receive the ball whilst facing goal? 

Until Derby work on both attacking and defending, we will never compete with the intelligent managers of the league. Pearson did a number on Clough today, Billy will do the same.

When we don't create a single chance in 90 minutes of football which you come away from saying "we should have scored" how on earth can anyone say we played well or decent?

Depends what you class as a chance. Thought the Martin shot in the first half was a decent chance. That was the only shot that got me out of my seat mind.

Forsyth and Freeman brought good saves put of Schemichael. Ward had a couple of pot shots, Hughes had a decent shooting opportunity that he spooned wide. Keogh had a free header that he should of done better with. That's just off the top of my head, there's probably a few more to be dig out from the highlights.

Don't get me wrong, they're not goalmouth gaping oppertunities but chances on another day that we might just take.

What I want to see is Russell on the end of a few chances, we're creating nothing for him. We seemed to create lots last year for poor finishers but we haven't showed that creativity yet. Maybe due to playing a CM out of position that is normally occupied by our most creative/prolific player.

Haha, it's been hilarious reading some of these posts. Today was a good game from Derby. We played some really nice football but it just had no finished product and that's something I thought Russell would bring, but so far it just hasn't worked out. I have to say though, we dominated the game without threatening them, and they went and scored and the lads just looked totally clueless. Anyway, player ratings.

Grant - 7. Unlucky with the goal but otherwise did very well.

Forsyth - 6. Slow, hoofed it a few too many times, but otherwise did well considering he had no support in front of him.

Buxton - 8. Magnificent. Made one mistake and even that was completely unimportant. Well-in son!

Keogh - 5. Made mistakes, looked clueless throughout. Awful game.

Freeman - 8. This guy is the reason I don't care about Brayfords departure. Keep it up!

Hughes - 6. OBVIOUSLY NACKERED! But still better than some players! Quality lad, but seen a lot better from him.

Coutts - 6. Looks good in the middle but just didn't offer that much. Poor set pieces. Tried to win corners/throws rather than crossing it...why???

Bryson - 7. Had a good game. Much improved on the Blackburn game. Did well defencively but ffs, STOP SHOOTING!

Hendrick - 9. Fantastic. Can't remember his doing anything wrong. Drove the team forward.

Martin - 7. Held the ball at times. Knows how to fall over. Had a good shot but wasn't otherwise dangerous.

Russell - 6. Lovely touch, held the ball up well. Not finished product and looks slightly out of his depth.

Archived