Derby County v Leicester City

-JW-

What did Forsyth do that was so bad? He won everything in the air, prevented all but two crosses coming in from his side and was involved in most our promising attacks. He misplaced three passes, but that hardly constitutes a poor game. IMO Bryson, Coutts and most especially Keogh were far worse than Forsyth.

It does seem that Forsyth is becoming a scapegoat, which seems unfair.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So which bit of mine were you disagreeing with? It seems like we both agree that we were poor?

Leicester were very good. Classic away performance.

apologies I quoted the wrong post, it was the one you replied too! Sorry I meant to agree!

What did Forsyth do that was so bad? He won everything in the air, prevented all but two crosses coming in from his side and was involved in most our promising attacks. He misplaced three passes, but that hardly constitutes a poor game. IMO Bryson, Coutts and most especially Keogh were far worse than Forsyth.

Hoofing it up the line to no-one.

Winger got past him pretty much every time.

Every time he tried to go forward, he lost the ball (often leaving us wide open at the back).

Only player that got close to how poor he was, was Keogh.

Distribution was awful.

Leicester weren't very good today - just very structured and if we were going to get anything from the game it needed our defence to be able to pass the ball, Buxton and Freeman were okay in this sense, forsyth and keogh were ridiculously poor. 

Distribution was awful.

Leicester weren't very good today - just very structured and if we were going to get anything from the game it needed our defence to be able to pass the ball, Buxton and Freeman were okay in this sense, forsyth and keogh were ridiculously poor. 

Spot on. 

Distribution was awful.

100% agree with this, Leicester were very rigid and strong, this game reminded me of us beating Forest away last season, very similar

Hoofing it up the line to no-one.

Winger got past him every time.

Every time he tried to go forward, he lost the ball (often leaving us wide open at the back).

Only player that got close to how poor he was, was Keogh.

I disagree with all of that.

He hoofed a couple because there was no one available for a pass, and defenders are taught safety first.

If Leicester had a winger, then he certainly never once got past Forsyth. Vardy got in once, but Forsyth was still tracking back with Nugent whilst covering for Keogh.

He lost the ball up field twice, and both times bust a got to get back.

He hoofed a couple because there was no one available for a pass, and defenders are taught safety first.

If Leicester had a winger, then he certainly never once got past Forsyth. Vardy got in once, but Forsyth was still tracking back with Nugent whilst covering for Keogh.

Way more than "a couple". Tried to get Russell running on to them but most were inaccurate.

De Laet was allowed to get forward for most of the first half. Wasn't closed down and got to the byline on several occasions.

There you go, he lost the ball upfield twice, leaving us prone. He can bust a gut all he wants but he didn't get the ball back and he shouldn't have lost it in the first place.

Decent in the air though, I'll give him that.

agree, the tactics used meant that the full backs had very little options when on the ball.

Hughes was often dropping deep which meant there was no diamond, the tactics did not help the players today and imo should have been changed at HT.

It was and B was a direct result of A.

Still it wasn't given so you play on, and we didn't defend the corner, whether we think its a free kick or not play to the whistle ( I thought it was too by the way )

agree, the tactics used meant that the full backs had very little options when on the ball.

Hughes was often dropping deep which meant there was no diamond, the tactics did not help the players today and imo should have been changed at HT.

It was exactly the same at Brighton, but the players were just, well better.. 

no change in system from the brighton game, but the players were poor today and good last week - that was the difference, the way we played today, no system in the world would have seen us get points - we looked sloppy and weak, half arsed performance! 

Still it wasn't given so you play on, and we didn't defend the corner, whether we think its a free kick or not play to the whistle ( I thought it was too by the way )

They did play to the whistle. Shoved him in the back as he kicked it. If he fell over maybe the ref would have given something. 

They did play to the whistle. Shoved him in the back as he kicked it. If he fell over maybe the ref would have given something.

we will never know now! These things even themselves out over the season, pretty sure we will get a decision the opposite way round and we score!

It was exactly the same at Brighton, but the players were just, well better..

no change in system from the brighton game, but the players were poor today and good last week - that was the difference, the way we played today, no system in the world would have seen us get points - we looked sloppy and weak, half arsed performance!

But Leicester would have watched that game and played accordingly, they squeezed the play and knew the only option we had was through the middle.

The midfield four wasnt working, and we should have used wide players before we did.

Fair play start with a system but if its not working change it and the players to give them chance to have an influence.

Normal service resumed won one drawn one and lost one.

Thought in general we played alright today, not great but nothing too disastrous either. Very impressed with how well Leicester defended to be honest. Ref was irritatingly inconsistent as they always seem to be.

However this was easily Keogh's worst game in a Derby shirt, absolutely appalling. Looked nervous and panicky everytime he got the ball and must've finished the game with something below 50% passing accuracy. His defending wasn't much better, save for that one last ditch tackle in the first half and it's worth noting he only had to make that cause he'd given the ball away in our half...again

Don't kid yourselves, one brilliant run from Hughesinio aside, we were dogshit.

Leicester were ordinary but big and organised, and we were flaky enough to give them the goal they came for and not incisive enough to threaten equalising.

Forsyth was crap, Keogh had a shocker, Russell tries as hard as Theo but isn't as quick and won't score so often. The tactics weren't working from 10 minutes in it should have been changed. No width, they had easy outs every time down the sides of our midfield. 

Abject. Miserable. *****.

Top 6? My arse.

Schmeichel was barely troubled today. I bet Grant dreams of an away game like that.

At home I'd like to see 442 with Coutts and Ward wide and two of the three in the centre. Away fair enough, try something different like a diamond but at home we need to break defences down and we didn't today.

Also our defence was exposed. Still hoping for that new quality centre back.

Archived