Derby County v Leicester City

-JW-

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought in general we played alright today, not great but nothing too disastrous either. Very impressed with how well Leicester defended to be honest. Ref was irritatingly inconsistent as they always seem to be.

However this was easily Keogh's worst game in a Derby shirt, absolutely appalling. Looked nervous and panicky everytime he got the ball and must've finished the game with something below 50% passing accuracy. His defending wasn't much better save for that one last ditch tackle in the first half and it's worth noting he only had to make that cause he'd given the ball away in our half again.

Yeah Freeman was in acres of space in front of him waiting for the pass. When your CB loses the ball in that position you catch your RB (Freeman) out of position. Makes Freeman look like a bad defender. 

Well I just wrote about a 10 minutes worth review but I bloody clicked off it didn't I. (I lack the common sense thing)

Long story short being moved killed the atmosphere as I'd of liked to of been closer to fester to get banter going.

Some players played terrible and that made the players that were playing like what was expected of them good.

Keogh had a very strange game, good defensively but when he had time on the ball he seems to panic and pass it to the opposition which is not normally like him.

Yet again common sense evades me and it seems I've wrote most of what I wrote the first time, ah well.

I agree the tactics were spot on, and we need to persevere with it.

I just think certain players were just poor in key areas, off the ball as much as on the ball - it's nothing to do with how we set up, we were just sloppy and weak, IMO. [/quoute]

Spot on, we were very very slow, especially down the right (the left didn't get that far down the pitch...) Coutts needs to forget Freeman sometimes and whip the f'er into the box and vice versa.

The only player I thought was any good today was Freeman, the rest, buck your ideas up :lol:

Don't kid yourselves, one brilliant run from Hughesinio aside, we were dogshit.

Leicester were ordinary but big and organised, and we were flaky enough to give them the goal they came for and not incisive enough to threaten equalising.

Forsyth was crap, Keogh had a shocker, Russell tries as hard as Theo but isn't as quick and won't score so often. The tactics weren't working from 10 minutes in it should have been changed. No width, they had easy outs every time down the sides of our midfield. 

Abject. Miserable. *****.

Top 6? My arse.

Well put your votes away lads, post of the year has arrived!

Hoofing with minimal to no pressure. I'd take wages off people for that.

Still think its too early to do the "here we go again" thing.

If anybody truly believes that then you should call for Nigel's head because he won't get much of a better team than this. Might aswell let someone else have a go.

I'd give it more time though.

What happened to that Craig Bryson we used to have? Is he still around?

Derby v Leicester back on track after our rare victory.

North stand - I think your ratings are pretty good but I would question Coutts having six. Middle of the park, he should dominate the game more. I have never seen a player with the inability to cross the ball like Coutts. He constantly wants to take on a man without really having the pace to do it and the amount of crosses that are blocked are painful.

Manager comments

Derby manager Nigel Clough:

"We had a great start to the game. We were on the front foot and were creating chances and then around the time of the goal they came back into it. But 10 minutes into the second half, I thought we controlled the last 30 minutes and played some very good stuff.

"There were lots of nearly moments in the game for us but I thought it was a good enough performance to get something and if you deal with the corner, the bare minimum you come out with is a 0-0 and you keep the unbeaten run intact and move on.

"I think defensively they are one of the best sides and one of the most difficult sides to score against but we certainly had enough situations that we didn't quite turn into chances but we had enough in the second half to get a goal.

"We are OK, we are in good spirits. We know we've played well again and we are happy with the squad and the way we are trying to play. We've had a little setback and we will use that as an incentive to try and go on an unbeaten run before the international break."

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson:

"We've started the season OK but performance wise we still have a lot to do.

"We didn't play particularly well today, I think Derby managed the ball very well but ultimately we've come away with the three points. I'm not going to moan too much but we are a lot better than that.

"I look at the positives, it's a clean sheet, we've won, there's room for improvement and it's nice to get two away wins."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23644885

Hoofing with minimal to no pressure. I'd take wages off people for that.

Still think its too early to do the "here we go again" thing.

If anybody truly believes that then you should call for Nigel's head because he won't get much of a better team than this. Might aswell let someone else have a go.

I'd give it more time though.

What happened to that Craig Bryson we used to have? Is he still around?

Derby v Leicester back on track after our rare victory.

Agreed. I'm waiting till at least the 12th-15th league game before commenting on how it's shaping up. Today was not the result we wanted but Brighton was totally unexpected.

Archived