Derby County v Leicester City

-JW-

Remember.

We don't need a centre half.

3 games 0 clean sheets.

Outstanding.

Not enough protection from midfield you say?

How many teams play 4 central midfielders?

We won with those 4 CM's last week. Personally I'd rather see all four of them in the team with those tactics because they are excellent together.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be joining the moaning and will be breaking my Clough Out virginity if we haven't got owt happening in February. Not going to endure half seasons every year.

Honestly though I think some people are making early assumptions about this season.

Some people have convinced themselves 'this is our year' and the mixed start has dampened them

Others have come into the season expecting the same old, same old.

It really is so very early. It's not been great. It has been a tricky start. Blackburn at home though remains the only true disappointing game.

Brighton was decent. Today was a bit a bit pedestrian.

No alarm bells yet. We win next week and we're up. Lose the week after and we're back in midtable. Its going to be like that for a while.

Let teams hit form and momentum and settle down and you might get a hint of the way we'll look to play and what we can expect from the team.

In a few months time when we have 7 games in 1 month you'll firm expectations.

Wolves away felt like a good result last year. It wasn't so good as it turns out they were *****.

Been listening to a Man City fan go on and on today, so this song comes to mind..

We always lose at home and we always lose away,

we lost last week and we lost today,

we don't give a **** cos we're all pissed up,

DCFC, OK!!

I wish someone at Derby would come up with such a quality song. 

Exactly our defence has more protection than any fcuker!

Awaiting clean sheets from a solid defence that doesn't need improving.

We also played in a cup game where we didn't concede (but ignore that, it doesn't strenghten your argument). also today's goal was extremely unlucky.

Look, if we're still conceding a goal every game for the next 3 or 4 games then I will go on to agree that we need to improve the defence. But we're 3 [league] games into the season!

We won with those 4 CM's last week. Personally I'd rather see all four of them in the team with those tactics because they are excellent together.

Yeah I don't really mind that sometimes was just making the point that our defence that many on here wax lyrical about have got maximum protection with 4 CM's yet we can't stop conceding goals.

We have the Brayford money.

Sam Rush said its all there for re-investing in the playing side.

Frustrating that we don't seem urgent to strengthen our weakest position of centre half.

All it needs is a bunch of lads from the same area to get together, regularly, and sing songs before, during and after the game.

We're getting there aren't we? Slowly surely.

Na not really, the supports still ****.

But I dont give a f*ck, even though I'm not pissed up 

Yeah I don't really mind that sometimes was just making the point that our defence that many on here wax lyrical about have got maximum protection with 4 CM's yet we can't stop conceding goals.

We have the Brayford money.

Sam Rush said its all there for re-investing in the playing side.

Frustrating that we don't seem urgent to strengthen our weakest position of centre half.

Yeah, ok. I completely agree with that. I'm just hoping that now Robinsons (who scored yesterday, booo) gone out we have wages freed up and can get someone in this week. I'm hoping it happens...but I doubt it! Grrr!

We also played in a cup game where we didn't concede (but ignore that, it doesn't strenghten your argument). also today's goal was extremely unlucky.

Look, if we're still conceding a goal every game for the next 3 or 4 games then I will go on to agree that we need to improve the defence. But we're 3 [league] games into the season!

I left the cup match against Oldham out as I was talking league form against team at our level.

But yes that's right we did get a clean sheet against a side a division below though its probably our central defenders level but yes ok well done for that one.

Haha, it's been hilarious reading some of these posts. Today was a good game from Derby. We played some really nice football but it just had no finished product and that's something I thought Russell would bring, but so far it just hasn't worked out. I have to say though, we dominated the game without threatening them, and they went and scored and the lads just looked totally clueless. Anyway, player ratings.

Grant - 7. Unlucky with the goal but otherwise did very well.

Forsyth - 6. Slow, hoofed it a few too many times, but otherwise did well considering he had no support in front of him.

Buxton - 8. Magnificent. Made one mistake and even that was completely unimportant. Well-in son!

Keogh - 5. Made mistakes, looked clueless throughout. Awful game.

Freeman - 8. This guy is the reason I don't care about Brayfords departure. Keep it up!

Hughes - 6. OBVIOUSLY NACKERED! But still better than some players! Quality lad, but seen a lot better from him.

Coutts - 6. Looks good in the middle but just didn't offer that much. Poor set pieces. Tried to win corners/throws rather than crossing it...why???

Bryson - 7. Had a good game. Much improved on the Blackburn game. Did well defencively but ffs, STOP SHOOTING!

Hendrick - 9. Fantastic. Can't remember his doing anything wrong. Drove the team forward.

Martin - 7. Held the ball at times. Knows how to fall over. Had a good shot but wasn't otherwise dangerous.

Russell - 6. Lovely touch, held the ball up well. Not finished product and looks slightly out of his depth.

Most of that's a joke, right?

I disagree with nearly all of those ratings but I can't get past the 9 rating for Hendrick. Anonymous for large portions of the game and lost the ball many a time. Forsyth and Keogh also deserve no more than a 4 (if that).

And, even after all of those inflated ratings, the one player you do seem to take exception to is Russell. Mind-blowing.

Yeah, ok. I completely agree with that. I'm just hoping that now Robinsons (who scored yesterday, booo) gone out we have wages freed up and can get someone in this week. I'm hoping it happens...but I doubt it! Grrr!

If we are serious about top 6 it has to happen.

Hopefully shift 1 or 2 more on as doubt Theo was on a lot.

Na not really, the supports still ****.

But I dont give a f*ck, even though I'm not pissed up 

This is the thing I've noticed about Manchester since I moved up here.

Here, you get people of all ages mixing together and singing songs all over the city. Granted, it's a big Urban area, but the age thing is essential to how their fan base and song creation works.

Most of them are created by age 30+ people.

In Derby, particularly in that singing area or 'the barmy army', most of them are barely in their 20's. That was my experience anyway, very young people.

You just don't get that in Derby, it's very stiff upper lip kinda thing. Mancunians (City) are far more relaxed about how they support their club than Derby.

The guy I was talking to today was well into his 40's, and he's like a kid at christmas about Cities season. 8 hours straight of City this, City that. Showing me songs on youtube etc.., he's loving it.

Most of that's a joke, right?

I disagree with nearly all of those ratings but I can't get past the 9 rating for Hendrick. Anonymous for large portions of the game and misplaced so many passes. Forsyth and Keogh also deserve no more than a 4 (if that).

And, even after all of those inflated ratings, the one player you do take exception to is Russell. Mind-blowing.

No, they are my ratings. Say whatever you want about them but remember, they're based on opinion, just like yours are. Maybe I saw different parts of the players contributions than you? Maybe you're in a bad mood because of the result? Maybe I appreciate the players' contributions more than yourself.

Finally people are starting to see how overrated keogh is! He's not commanding enough in the air and tries to play his way out of trouble when he shouldn't, and certainly not captain material

I agree with the comment about him not being captain material, and always have. But to say the general consensus is that he is overrated because of peoples opinions of one game is a little far fetched.  I said he was poor today, but still believe after last seasons performances he is one of our best players.

I've got a feeling that this is one of those games if you watch it back on RamsPlayer in a relaxed more neutral mood you'll think that Derby played a decent game.

If certain individuals picked up a bit it would be nice. There's 3/4 players that have been below the standard of the rest in all 3 games

I agree with the comment about him not being captain material, and always have. But to say the general consensus is that he is overrated because of peoples opinions of one game is a little far fetched. I said he was poor today, but still believe after last seasons performances he is one of our best players.

I don't think it's just based on one performance, I think constantly over the last season or so we have looked weak when dealing with balls coming into the box, a centre half should be winning crosses time after time and for me keogh is weak in that area and far too erratic in his defending style

Archived