Derby County v Leicester City

-JW-

Thoughts on today, outmuscled and very naive I thought today, Freeman played well and thought Hendrick was ok, Forsyth bloody poor today, thought the game completely passed Bryson by. As for Leicester, did there job, strong at the back, especially that Moore youth, looked a decent player. Poor goal to concede especially as it was from a set piece again, how many times we conceded from set piece last season and we still don't learn! Ah well onwards and upwards!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, I'm frustrated and rightly so.

We played an uninspired leicester team that is bulky and lacks of quality, fortunately for them we spent most of the first half gifting them chance after chance, namely Keogh who was worse than appalling today - the worst Derby performance since the Naylor Vs Ssausagehorpe game for me, truly horrific! Our distribution from the back was dire, and with the way we play we had nothing else to offer, individual performances today were really shocking from a couple of members.

Ratings;

Lee Grant - 6 - should have done better for the goal, and had one notable bad kick - saved us on a couple of occasions and was largely good.

Craig Forsyth - 3 - clueless for most of the match today, just lacks composure and is so prone to making bad decisions - Although we've only just signed him I think we're in desperate need of a new left back, 4 games on the trott and he has barely managed to muster 'played okay' 

Richard Keogh - 2 - absolutely dreadful, could have been 4-0 down in the first half just through him - clueless punts up the pitch added with weak and naive defending and giving the ball away in key areas, he was just so so poor today! 

Jake Buxton - 6 - won his headers, and looked okay - a few missed place passes, but on the whole did his job with some merit.

Kieron Freeman - 6 - first half he wasn't very good at all, showed himself to be very weak in the challenge and used the ball poorly - last 20/30 minutes we did a lot of good things, and was very positive - needs to be stronger in the challenge, and be confident in his play.

Will Hughes - 4 - very poor performance, played a few good passes around but was largely bullied, made by decisions in key areas and lost the ball far more than usual - should have been subbed.

Craig Bryson - 4 - did a few things well, but largely uninspired performance with him being weak in the tackle and poor passes at times.

Paul Coutts - 5 - a few good balls in the box that weren't attack and held himself well in midfield - arguably our best midfielder for me today. 

Jeff Hendrick - 5 - played okay, good with the ball - not much doing off the ball. 

Chris Martin - 5 - Hit the floor far too much today, far too much - did some good things, but again made poor decisions at times and kept throwing a paddy.

Johnny Russell - 6 - looked sharp but at times in poor areas and not where we want him to be, very good player on the ball can see that from a mile off but just seems like every time he gets the ball his got a mountain to climb and usually 30 yards away from goal.

I think both Ward and especially Sammon added something to the game and made us more positive but the lingering feeling that our defence quality wise just isn't good enough - Buxton has been consistantly good in the first few games, and Freeman has shown good things, Forsyth has been quite poor and although it's early doors I believe we need a replacement for him, and him to be used more as a utility man, and a replacement for Keogh would be nice. He is supposed to be our captain but he is just a desperate defender, only looks good when he throws himself at the ball, very poor. 

We have a week or 2 left of this transfer window, and at the minute we've gone backwards from last season - we need 2/3 defenders quickly and hopefully from that we can look to improve and get the elusive top 6 place but at the minute a top 10 finish looks out of reach. 

Doesn't help the mood that Forest are top of the table tonight either!

Top of the League eh ? They dishing out promotions in August now ? Means nothing mate.

Yeah realise that mate but nonetheless they have flown out of the traps, which builds confidence while it already feels a bit like deja vu for us. Early days like I said but get the sense that Clough is still a tactical desert and that doesn't inspire confidence in me and I'm sure in other Rams fans. 

Poor performance today, tactics just weren't right - no width at all. Forsyth had a shocker as well. And just to add, people say we need a new centre half but from the few games played this season it should be to replace Keogh and not Buxton.

i watched the forest game on t'internet. they kicked bolton off the park and managed to get a player sent off for it. 

i expect forest to be top of the league up to christmas, Billy will buy a few **** signings and they will drop a few places and get into the playoffs.

Well we can but hope but still annoying!

Ref - poor

Derby - awful

Leicester - very solid. Showed why they've got one of the best defences in the Championship.

Only players in our team worthy of a rating higher than 5 - Grant, Freeman, Hughes and Martin.

I'm in a foul mood now.

What game did all these negative people watch? 

Leicester scored a weak goal from a corner that should not have been allowed as Buxton was shoved in the back. They had a couple of chances in the first half, both Keogh's fault. (free header and through on goal because of his in ability to pass when and where he should). 

The entire game they were cheating and fouling, the referee was awful. We were by far the better side. Whoever thinks Buxton is not good enough, I can't take your opinions seriously. Russell is our Tevez, we have needed a player like him. Forsyth was having one of those days, but let us remember he is not a defender and yet despite having a poor game he still played OK. 

We play like that again and we will win, can't win every game. Stop the moaning and get behind the team. I am more than happy with what we have got and how we have played so far. The first 3 matches we have played have been against teams who will all finish top 8. 

Poor performance today, tactics just weren't right - no width at all. Forsyth had a shocker as well. And just to add, people say we need a new centre half but from the few games played this season it should be to replace Keogh and not Buxton.

Tactics were fine. 

What game did all these negative people watch? 

Leicester scored a weak goal from a corner that should not have been allowed as Buxton was shoved in the back. They had a couple of chances in the first half, both Keogh's fault. (free header and through on goal because of his in ability to pass when and where he should). 

The entire game they were cheating and fouling, the referee was awful. We were by far the better side. Whoever thinks Buxton is not good enough, I can't take your opinions seriously. Russell is our Tevez, we have needed a player like him. Forsyth was having one of those days, but let us remember he is not a defender and yet despite having a poor game he still played OK. 

We play like that again and we will win, can't win every game. Stop the moaning and get behind the team. I am more than happy with what we have got and how we have played so far. The first 3 matches we have played have been against teams who will all finish top 8. 

I'm sorry mate, I just can't agree with any of that. I'm normally one of the most positive posters on here but that was an awful performance (yes, I did go).

We play like that again and we'll keep on losing.

I'm sorry mate, I just can't agree with any of that. I'm normally one of the most positive posters on here but that was an awful performance (yes, I did go).

We play like that again and we'll keep on losing.

I'm usually pretty positive but I can't agree with what you said either( first post ) thought we were poor today, and whether it was a shove in back or not, we conceded from a ball high in the box again. Not trying to be negative but couldn't see much positive today apart from Freeman and Hendrick. We were very slow attacking wise today, and we just didn't match Leicester physically, it was a very structured and physical Leicester performance and you will see them up there this season. Well drilled side. We are still too naive but that's judging 3 games in.

Sounded to me as though we weren't strong enough, mentally or physically. That's down to the players, not the manager.

I still think Keogh is a poor choice as captain. He's a bit like David Luiz in that he isn't reliable enough as a defender. He's a good footballer and intercepts well but when it comes down to good old fashioned 'they shall not pass' he's not nasty enough. We need a Wes Morgan - and fast.

I'm usually pretty positive but I can't agree with what you said either( first post ) thought we were poor today, and whether it was a shove in back or not, we conceded from a ball high in the box again. Not trying to be negative but couldn't see much positive today apart from Freeman and Hendrick. We were very slow attacking wise today, and we just didn't match Leicester physically, it was a very structured and physical Leicester performance and you will see them up there this season. Well drilled side. We are still too naive but that's judging 3 games in.

So which bit of mine were you disagreeing with? It seems like we both agree that we were poor?

Leicester were very good. Classic away performance.

Archived