Slight moan

derbyram1994

The only observation I have regards your comments apropos Clough is that Ferguson and Mourinho do have faults however winning a shed load of honours somewhat masks over those flaws - unfortunately for Clough until he achieves something all this does is magnify his deficiencies

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who is never scared to criticise Clough if I think it's valid, even I can see this whole piece of business is in DERBY COUNTY'S interest.

Considering that nobody, and I'll repeat, underline, upper-case, bold, underline and put in red NOBODY was excited by the signing of Brayford as the time he was signed, and I would wager that most were distinctly underwhelmed, I think it's sad to then get so pissy having sold him for a impressive profit and replaced with a player who comes with a better reputation now (than Brayford did when he arrived) at a minimal risk, but with the opportunity to allow the player to 'fall in love' with Derby County and put us in prime position to sign him permanently should the situation to do so arise.

No, I don't like short-termism when the 'long term building' drum is being banged, hence my criticism of the Eustace deal, cos that relationship is short-term, this however has potential.

As a side note, anyone with a Brayford avatar.... sort yashit out!!!!

People are saying he's highly rated at Spurs, maybe so. Carroll is highly rated did he impress you? Livermoore got a England call up, did he impress you? Sunu? Maybe Barazite?

We certainly don't have a good record of signing youngsters from Premier League teams, so I can understand the concern, but what's gone is gone.

Adam Smith is Adam Smith, those other players' spells here bare absolutely no relation on how he will do.

Our squad has evolved a lot since any of those players featured, players coming in now are coming into a completely different environment and into an already 'pretty good' squad that has a set way of playing, not coming in to an ailing squad struggling for direction.

For what it's worth everything I've read about Smith so far would indicate that his style of play is going to be reasonably similar to Brayford's, enough to help him settle into his role here without causing too much disruption to how we play, and THAT is why people are saying he's the best replacement we could possibly have got (which does remain to be seen)

I think the amount of Brayford transfer being spent on the Smith loan is important in deciding if this was a good move or not...if its a large chunk of it, then I'm not happy about the loan at all..if however its a small amount of the fee, with the majority still to be re-invested into the squad, then I'm ok with it..

I just can not see the logic if we are blowing a big chunk of the fee on a sticky plaster solution, instead of a permanent fix..Personally I do not see freeman developing into a top six right back, so a permanent fix is required at some point.

Smith will no doubt be a decent right back for us. We have no cover at CB and the latest comments from Clough. We can make do....use Forsyth.....use Eustace if we have to are disturbing. A few days before the season starts and at least cos Brayford was comfortable also at CB and our cover there..our defence is unquestionably weaker than it was at the end of May. We already had Forsyth on loan. Smith may become as good as Brayford. He will start ahead of Freeman probably. He has nowhere near the experience of Brayford despite his potential. We as fans have a right to be angry if the Brayford money is not reinvested back into the squad. Barker can barely walk. Little chance he will become a regular before January. Obrien is also out. We deserve some answers from Rush on this.

I think the amount of Brayford transfer being spent on the Smith loan is important in deciding if this was a good move or not...if its a large chunk of it, then I'm not happy about the loan at all..if however its a small amount of the fee, with the majority still to be re-invested into the squad, then I'm ok with it..

I just can not see the logic if we are blowing a big chunk of the fee on a sticky plaster solution, instead of a permanent fix..Personally I do not see freeman developing into a top six right back, so a permanent fix is required at some point.

I seem to remember Mr Glick once said a loan fee can be as much as a transfer fee

Having just sold Brayford for a decent chunk of money, I am slightly disappointed that we have not moved to secure a RB on a permanent deal.

In a years time Smith will have gone and we'll be back at square one. If people say well we've got Freeman then that's fine but if he's gonna be our RB going forward I'd want him to play this season.

If people say we could sign Smith, no chance. He's just signed a contract extension with spurs and will be a lot more that 2m.

I think this is a bit of a rush (not Sam) signing and would of liked us to take a bit of time (freeman can do a job in the meanwhile) to actually try and go for a decent RB for a decent fee and actually have him at Derby for more than a year to build that consistency we had with brayford.

What are people's thoughts?

(ps I am happy with the smith signing just not happy about the type of signing it is)

Yeah lets spunk our load on a panic buy just before the start of the season ...

Much safer option to loan a youngster from a prem club as if he's crap we can send him back instead of being lumped with Tony Hibbert for 3 years :angry:

Smith wouldn't have been a rush job - the club knew there was a strong possibility that Brayford would leave, and I would guess that Rush et al. would have made enquiries etc etc.

I would also imagine that they are looking at options for centre back. Just extend that patience - there's a whole month until the transfer window shuts, a further month after which the loan window shuts.

Yeah lets spunk our load on a panic buy just before the start of the season ...

Much safer option to loan a youngster from a prem club as if he's crap we can send him back instead of being lumped with Tony Hibbert for 3 years :angry:

We have smith for a year, we can't send him back, if he is cr@p then I would guess we will have to spend some more money, also at the end of the season, we will probably still need another RB.

Not that I'm saying this is a bad move, I haven't seen the lad play, just don't get your logic, and were we going to sign hibbert?

We have smith for a year, we can't send him back, if he is cr@p then I would guess we will have to spend some more money, also at the end of the season, we will probably still need another RB.

Not that I'm saying this is a bad move, I haven't seen the lad play, just don't get your logic, and were we going to sign hibbert?

Antonio Hiberto.

Spanish player - one of thousands who would have been a better option.

Antonio Hiberto.

Spanish player - one of thousands who would have been a better option.

never heard of him, thought it was the everton player he was talking about; shows my limited amount of football knowledge outside derby and sky PL

never heard of him, thought it was the everton player he was talking about; shows my limited amount of football knowledge outside derby and sky PL

Whoosh!!!

You write about Nigel a lot Eranio, It could be said you were obsessed. I wonder what your wife would think if she knew you spent so much time and energy trying to prove every single thing another man does, is rubbish.

So that it's on thread and you don't threaten another bottom lip wobble.

Could you break down the seasons those loans came in, for example how many in 2012/13 how many in 11/12 and so on.

Good to see you know your onions though. That's an impressive list of crack covering loanees.

Archived