Slight moan

derbyram1994

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you none of you ever step back and realise you'll not win these arguments! You will never convince someone of your opinion absolutely, it's pointless trying. Personally not a huge fan of Clough tactically and team selection wise, think he's done a good job recruitment wise and has steadied a sinking ship though. Play attractive football as well now with young, hungry British players who seem to genuinely try and care about the club.

Think we can be too negative away from home espescially, also at home the odd time and don't like the square pegs round hole selections at time. Hendrick at right mid being the latest one.

Two sides to every argument, answer is always in the middle. Feels on here like we have to be happy clappers or wrist slashers! Think most people are happy the direction we're headed but still things that could be worked on/improved!

And the season hasn't started yet, get behind the team and let's see how things progress.

Good post. I'm pretty frustrated because he struck on the right formula in Autumn 2010 but went to the awful surival football of 2011 when we have a few unlucky losses, but I also like some the things he does.

Good post. I'm pretty frustrated because he struck on the right formula in Autumn 2010 but went to the awful surival football of 2011 when we have a few unlucky losses, but I also like some the things he does.

Think our eleven could be very strong this season. All about utilising them in the best way, for me our three central midfielders are three of the strongest in the division. I'd like us to play three in the middle and base our team around that. Hendrick plays deeper than the others with surging runs, great tackling and good power all round. Bryson is the engine and heartbeat of the team, and Hughes has the touch and vision to cut teams open.

I'd then like Russell and Ward playing either side of a striker but a lot more attacking and direct than ward does at times. With a traditional back four (hopefully without Buxton at the heart of it).

Likewise,

I haven't seen you nor Ronnie make a valid post to debate against me, other than these digs at me. How's that "constructive"?

"WUM"

"Wossssh"

"Obsessed with Clough"

Great way to prove us wrong fella.

Who 'debates' on an online forum? That's not the idea. It's supposed to be a method of occupying the time for 5 minutes while the missus makes my bacon and black pudding sandwich.

That's where we differ. You are like Don Quixote, toting at windmills thinking they are giants, I'm just looking on shaking my head at the futility of it all. It doesn't matter what I do or think - nothing I say or do is going to make any difference to the big picture so why not just have a bit of fun pointing at the silly man with the lance sitting astride his personal Rocinante? 

Honestly amazed people think I'm being too serious on here and don't have a sense of humour; read my posts, ALL of them.

I've praised Nigel countless times; I've said numerous times if he were ever to get the boot the whole academy and development of the youth would crumble. Wassall would most certainly leave, which would be more harm than good and most likely Metgod (who I rate) would be out.

I've said he's signed some absolute gems; Ward, Brayford and Bryson are the main standouts. Then players like Hughes, Bennett and Hendrick have been turned into million pound plus players - thanks to Cloughs guidance and willingness to give them a opportunity at this level. All three are also internationals.

It just winds me up if anyone dare say anything negative they'll get shot down. I've met Nigel countless times; He's signed shirts for my daughter, always had the time of day and gives a monkeys about the club more than buffoons like Jewell, Davies or anyone else we've had the past decade. It just annoys me when people say "he's had no money" and continually posts such as "this is our season" year after year patience wears thin.

Surely I'm entitled to have some frustration? I travel from Norfolk to see us play, home or away. People over this end laugh at the fact Clough is still here and I'm always defending the bloke. How much longer can I continue to stick up for him?

Honestly amazed people think I'm being too serious on here and don't have a sense of humour; read my posts, ALL of them.

I've praised Nigel countless times; I've said numerous times if he were ever to get the boot the whole academy and development of the youth would crumble. Wassall would most certainly leave, which would be more harm than good and most likely Metgod (who I rate) would be out.

I've said he's signed some absolute gems; Ward, Brayford and Bryson are the main standouts. Then players like Hughes, Bennett and Hendrick have been turned into million pound plus players - thanks to Cloughs guidance and willingness to give them a opportunity at this level. All three are also internationals.

It just winds me up if anyone dare say anything negative they'll get shot down. I've met Nigel countless times; He's signed shirts for my daughter, always had the time of day and gives a monkeys about the club more than buffoons like Jewell, Davies or anyone else we've had the past decade. It just annoys me when people say "he's had no money" and continually posts such as "this is our season" year after year patience wears thin.

Surely I'm entitled to have some frustration? I travel from Norfolk to see us play, home or away. People over this end laugh at the fact Clough is still here and I'm always defending the bloke. How much longer can I continue to stick up for him?

That explains everything.

Slight moan that I need to get out of my chest before season starts.

I'm not convinced by Grant. I think he's bit of showcase who makes regular save look like good one and good save look like world class. And by doing that he concedes way too many corners for my liking. (And we all know how well we handle those set pieces)

Too many hours to go :wacko:

Archived