Slight moan

derbyram1994

I thought we might have a few young lads in our academy who could have stepped up like Josh Lelan although I think he's a CB by trade. Just that by signing young Spurs lads it doesn't give out academy much credence

I think our record with the Academy stands up very well to scrutiny over the last 2 or 3 years and based on pre-season involvement and the comments that have been made by the management there is an excellant chance that a couple of players may be given their head again this season. Hanson is clearly very well thought of and Lelan doesnt appear to be far behind him and I wouldnt expect to see our policy change in that regard.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where have I mentioned Smiths ability exactly?

Under Brown and Burley we sold our better players and brought in numerous loanees as replacements - the three amigos were absolutely hammered for this behaviour .

Yet it's now perfectly fine under the Americans and Clough, how so?

Where's a loanee going to get us a year from now? It's only helping the players respective club gain first team football if anything. Is it too hard to find someone just as good under 500,000? Really? Clough brought Brayford and Bailey for a million, he IS capable of finding a gem.

Burley was working under a much, much tighter budget and still brought in quality freebies on permanent deals : Bisgaard, Idiakez, Rasiak. Why can't Clough do the same, instead of resort to the loan market?

What if the quality of RB we need wasn't available at a reasonable price?

If we were going to have to pay over the odds (ie, ALL the Brayford money) for a player who's is less good then Brayford then why not get a decent RB in for the year, and see whether we can pick someone up who IS good enough for £1m or less in January or next summer?

And in the meantime we concentrate the search on a CB still...

Burley was working under a much, much tighter budget and still brought in quality freebies on permanent deals : Bisgaard, Idiakez, Rasiak. Why can't Clough do the same, instead of resort to the loan market?

There's a place called "Izzy Wizzy" in Nottingham. I wonder if they sell magic wands?

Where have I mentioned Smiths ability exactly?

Under Brown and Burley we sold our better players and brought in numerous loanees as replacements - the three amigos were absolutely hammered for this behaviour .

Yet it's now perfectly fine under the Americans and Clough, how so?

Where's a loanee going to get us a year from now? It's only helping the players respective club gain first team football if anything. Is it too hard to find someone just as good under 500,000? Really? Clough brought Brayford and Bailey for a million, he IS capable of finding a gem.

You are not really comparing apples with apples on that one. The 3 Amigo's flogged Rasiak at the last minute without a proper replacement and we had a succession of short term loans. Brayfords departure didn’t need Mystic Meg reading the tea leaves. They told us it was likely at the end of last season and they were true to their word with the way the business was conducted. We appear to have got a solid replacement for the season and appear to be in good shape for the season ahead. I think it is a little unfair to castigate Cloughs record in the loan market as well. In the last 2 seasons we have used loans predominantly as a means of trialling players with a view to bringing them in permanently and have not been pulling them in left right and centre on the short term, We have been fairly astute on how we use them.

One last point on the Brayford sale. I think the club deserves a lot of credit for the way they have dealt with the Brayford situation, both from the perspective of protecting the club and being fair to the player. No player should be a slave to any club and if they perform on merit and give solid service over time it is only right that they should be afforded the opportunity to progress and further their career when the chance comes along and as supporters of the club we should be proud when one of our own is able to succeed that way. We already have am excellent reputation in terms of treating young players well, giving them a chance and bringing them through the system. Being right with players like Brayford will only add to our reputation of being a proper club and will do us no harm when we are trying to sell ourselves to prospective players during our transfer dealings.

This could be good for the future.

If we got promoted I'm sure Tottenham would loan him to us again as we would be a premiership side.

However I agree we will 100% encounter a problem next season

Just one of many problems if we do get promoted though. I think Rush and Clough will worry about that if it happens rather than now. This chap sounds OK to me. Hope so, I don't think I've seen him play but so what? Those in the know have done.

Aye, the club deserves alot of credit for the whole Brayford deal.

Selling you're best player a week before the season starts and replacing him with a loanee, with no time to gel or learn the playing style, great business that!

And regarding Rasiak: we had more than enough fire power in Smith, El Hamdaoui, Pesch, Idiakez - The goals for at the end of the 05/06 can back me up on that. The defence was the main let down, Haijto WTF?

Where's the money going we got from Cardiff? Don't we need another giant screen or two? Maybe hire a new Rammie?

Selling you're best player a week before the season starts and replacing him with a loanee, with no time to gel or learn the playing style, great business that!

Where's the money going we got from Cardiff? Don't we need another giant screen or two?

I agree with you on this one, we should have kept him for the season, let him go on a free at the end of the season and then still been left without a right back and essentially £1.5million out of pocket. Then we could all have moaned at the end of the season and said why is our 'best player' being allowed to leave on a free.

I imagine, with the transfer being completed on Friday, the transfer of money would have hit the bank at 9:00 am this morning, that means Rush will have had approximately 7 hours 4 minutes to have spent the money already...what the f**k is he playing at?

I agree with you on this one, we should have kept him for the season, let him go on a free at the end of the season and then still been left without a right back and essentially £1.5million out of pocket. Then we could all have moaned at the end of the season and said why is our 'best player' being allowed to leave on a free.

I imagine, with the transfer being completed on Friday, the transfer of money would have hit the bank at 9:00 am this morning, that means Rush will have had approximately 7 hours 4 minutes to have spent the money already...what the f**k is he playing at?

If you use Paypal now you can withdraw it instantly to your bank account. I'm not sure what the Paypal handling fees would be for £1.5m tho

If you use Paypal now you can withdraw it instantly to your bank account. I'm not sure what the Paypal handling fees would be for £1.5m tho

Well the board are such amateurs I doubt they have probably even heard of PayPal.

I bet they didn't even think of putting Brayford on an ebay auction.

If it meant Brayford playing a part in helping us gain promotion, would you care being 1.5 million out of pocket ? I certainly wouldn't.

I know he wanted to leave, I never once said we should've kept him against his will . But we've sold him at completely the wrong time. How many pre season games did he feature in, compared to Freeman? How many games will Smith have to gel before Blackburn?

If it meant Brayford playing a part in helping us gain promotion, would you care being 1.5 million out of pocket ? I certainly wouldn't.

So you think Adam Smith is not going to be as good as Brayford, is that your gripe?

Not just saying this but I can't really think of any full backs that I've looked at and thought they were a vital part to any promotion campaign or winning a trophy.

Where's the money going we got from Cardiff? Don't we need another giant screen or two?

I'm not even going to waste my time trying to debate or reason with you on that one. Your mind-set and mentality is shining right through like a beacon!

Archived