Slight moan

derbyram1994

But we've sold him at completely the wrong time. How many pre season games did he feature in, compared to Freeman? How many games will Smith have to gel before Blackburn?

..and what exactly could we have done about that when Cardiff only made their bid on Thursday? Accepted a lower offer from Wigan a month ago 'just in case'?

The timing does suck, but that's because of Cardiff.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kieran Trippier? There's one

Well over our budget, still got a lengthy contract so wouldn't come cheap

Dedryck Boyata? There's two

CB

Alan Hutton? There's three

PL wages

Gonzalo Jara? Prior to joining Forest on a free, there's four

Never stood a chance, he was always going to Forest. Would have been able to offer more wages than us too.

If it meant getting in someone earlier like Gonzalo Jara on a free, I'd have sold Brayford at the first or second bid if truth be told.

All these players are getting snapped up and we flap around till the last pre season game.

Absolute coup for Forest.

Also Leon Barnett would have solved all our problems in one; can play anywhere across the back four.

If it meant getting in someone earlier like Gonzalo Jara on a free, I'd have sold Brayford at the first or second bid if truth be told.

All these players are getting snapped up and we flap around till the last pre season game.

Absolute coup for Forest.

Also Leon Barnett would have solved all our problems in one; can play anywhere across the back four.

Christ, Cardiff may have only decided they were going to sign Brayford until last week! Nothing Clough or Rush could do about it, in that case.

Smith is the best replacement possible and who knows what's to come?

I thought that James O'Connor could play anywhere across the back four too  :rolleyes: Doesn't necessarily mean they should

How is Smith the "best replacement possibly"?

Leon Barnett as already helped Cardiff, WBA and Norwich gain promotion.

He's not wanted at Norwich, plenty of experience at this level and at a good age (27).

Surely a better alternative than Smith, or is he ten quid cheaper than anyone else mentioned?

He's not wanted at Norwich, plenty of experience at this level and at a good age (27).

Surely a better alternative than Smith, or is he ten quid cheaper than anyone else mentioned?

So you would prefer a centre back to play at right back? I bet if I look hard enough on here I can find a post where you berate Clough for playing Brayford at centre back.

Basically Eranio wants players who are not wanted by their original club, as long as they are of age. 

Another thing is that Smith is legitimately fighting for a world cup place next summer, the current u21 right back - he'll be on the radar for brazil.  

Barnett as well as smith and I'd be happy.

The purchase of cover annoys me though. I don't understand why we don't sign players better than our existing ones and then let Buxton etc try to dislodge the new player?

Signing for cover such as o'connor invariably means signing sub par players

Before I shoot of to work, just one little comment..... How much of the alleged £1.5 million for Brayford have we spent on bringing Adam Smith in on loan?

Loans are not free. Clubs do have to pay the other club a loan fee

Barnett as well as smith and I'd be happy.

The purchase of cover annoys me though. I don't understand why we don't sign players better than our existing ones and then let Buxton etc try to dislodge the new player?

Signing for cover such as o'connor invariably means signing sub par players

Bit of a balancing act though.

Got to take wages into consideration and also whether a player is going to be happy bench warming.

Ambitious you're completely twisting my post.

Where have I said "lets sign players who are out of favour"?

Barnett is 27, experienced having played God knows how many more games compared to this Smith lad and as been there done that at this level. He's able to play right back, left back and centre half, he'd be the ideal player for us.

Someone above said Smith is the "best replacement possibly", which considering he's had one ( two if you count three games for Leeds) season at this level and played only two seasons in his entire career where's he's managed over 20 games, that's some statement.

People are saying he's highly rated at Spurs, maybe so. Carroll is highly rated did he impress you? Livermoore got a England call up, did he impress you? Sunu? Maybe Barazite?

Rather have had Nathaniel Chalobah if you're so obsessed with these youngsters from the top division.

We can debate this till the cows come home...... its a done deal. 

I hope that Freeman and Smith battle it out to be best, it may turn out that as has be muted Smith is Spur's better RB in which case it will show Freemen what the standard is and he may learn as a result and therfore be better next season and be our number 1 RB... but, its a done deal  :blink:

If it meant Brayford playing a part in helping us gain promotion, would you care being 1.5 million out of pocket ? I certainly wouldn't.

I know he wanted to leave, I never once said we should've kept him against his will . But we've sold him at completely the wrong time. How many pre season games did he feature in, compared to Freeman? How many games will Smith have to gel before Blackburn?

And that is why we have professionals running Derby and you do whatever you do. It is a good business decision, good for the player, good for the club.

Clearly NC and his coaching staff see something in Smith that they like. It maybe that there are things about the list of players that you have mentioned that they don't like or like as much - who knows!!!

The advantage for you about this deal is that it enables you to express the misery that you seem to exist in. I suspect that if they had signed one of the players that you have listed, you would have come back saying the Adam Smith would have been a far better signing - you are funny!!

- you are funny!!

The only thing funny is you' quoting me twice in quick succession, saying pretty much the same thing about "blah blah running the club".

I'm a fan, I'm allowed my opinion so **** off with the sarcastic ***** at every given opportunity about being glad I'm not running the club.

Yeah I do agree though, they clearly see something in him. Just like they did with Maguire, Robinson, Bailey, Sunu, Carroll and Cywka.

Good players them, signed by the professionals in charge,

The only thing funny is you' quoting me twice in quick succession, saying pretty much the same thing about "blah blah running the club".

I'm a fan, I'm allowed my opinion so **** off with the sarcastic ***** at every given opportunity about being glad I'm not running the club.

Yeah I do agree though, they clearly see something in him. Just like they did with Maguire, Robinson, Bailey, Sunu, Carroll and Cywka.

Good players them, signed by the professionals in charge,

I'm also a fan and I'm entitled to my opinion so..... well you know the rest.

...sure I know the rest.

You're a miserable troll who posts more than the Royal piggin' Mail and as his head up Nigel's knob hole, just like Eddie, Albert and the rest of the coach load from Butlins.

620+ posts and how many of them hold a valid argument? Except for these digs at people. About a dozen if ya' lucky. You'll call people a WUM, yet you've just posted no reference to this conversation whatsoever.

Archived