Slight moan

derbyram1994

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You write about Nigel a lot Eranio, It could be said you were obsessed. I wonder what your wife would think if she knew you spent so much time and energy trying to prove every single thing another man does, is rubbish.

So that it's on thread and you don't threaten another bottom lip wobble.

Could you break down the seasons those loans came in, for example how many in 2012/13 how many in 11/12 and so on.

Good to see you know your onions though. That's an impressive list of crack covering loanees.

You like to quote me alot Ronald Rabbiit. It could be also said you were obsessed also.

Strange thing is you don't hide my posts considering all I supposedly do is slate you're beloved Nigel. Just hide them and we will both be happy.

When have you ever had a valid argument? Just these digs at me and others all the friggin time.

Now please hide my posts, same with Eddie and anyone else tired of my posts.

You like to quote me alot Ronald Rabbiit. It could be also said you were obsessed also.

Strange thing is you don't hide my posts considering all I supposedly do is slate you're beloved Nigel. Just hide them and we will both be happy.

When have you ever had a valid argument? Just these digs at me and others all the friggin time.

Now please hide my posts, same with Eddie.

You're so rude you can't even be bothered to get my name right. It's not the first time. Are you a child?

You keep saying I have no valid argument and only sit here having digs at people, again you're making stuff up, or you're ignoring what I write.

You wrote two or three very provocative posts, specifically aimed at getting a response. You're only here to cause trouble.

Will you answer the question about the loans. When were they? If you answer that we can carry on debating while you carry on slating all and sundry, then getting all wussy when someone replies to one of your posts in a way you don't like.

...sure I know the rest.

You're a miserable troll who posts more than the Royal piggin' Mail and as his head up Nigel's knob hole, just like Eddie, Albert and the rest of the coach load from Butlins.

620+ posts and how many of them hold a valid argument? Except for these digs at people. About a dozen if ya' lucky. You'll call people a WUM, yet you've just posted no reference to this conversation whatsoever.

Very nice way to encourage debate.

But, you have to admit you do post way too much about Nigel.

If my Mrs caught me sticking up for another man this much we'd be on Jeremy Kyle quicker than you can see Natalie Jackson dive into bed with Billy.

Ronnie Regan Rabbit or whatever his face is only comes out when I'm online posting, he never argues my points whatsoever. How's that acceptable? He just has digs like you can see on the previous page. At least I never go off topic and argue till the cows come home to get my point across.

I don't understand how a decline in attendances, people not renewing and failing to miss out on the top six can be classed acceptable in some people's views. Brayford leaving is not what I'm annoyed at, it's the fact Rush personally said to me "exciting signings will occur in this window and Nigel will have a BIG budget to work with". Those EXACT words.

I've said it in at least a dozen posts now; put ya money where you're mouth is if you honestly believe we will get in the play offs with this squad.

£50 we DON'T,

Another really nice friendly post from you to get the conversation flowing.

I just tried to argue your points, twice and look what happened.

Should I keep arguing and letting you come back with those kind of classy responses?

Let's just stick to talking about the football. I don't want to get warned or banned just for not accepting garbage posts like that.

Now please hide my posts, same with Eddie and anyone else tired of my posts.

I'm not tired of your posts at all - one day you will write something constructive and I want to be here to witness it.

http://www.derbycountyblog.com/nigel-cloughs-transfer-activity-as-derby-county

How many loanees did we have in the 09/10 season who didn't sign a permenant contract? ELEVEN.

What about the 2010/11 season? Bueno, Kuqi, Duke, Moore, Jones, Ayala, Noble. SEVEN

That's 18 players there alone we've had on loan in those two seasons and Clough didn't sign to a permenant contract , hence my argument with Asanovics "Clough doesn't like loans to cover cracks" comment.

More recently in the 2011/12 season: Kilbane, Noble, Priskin, Carroll...

How many of those signed? That's a whopping 22 players in the three seasons I've mentioned.

Only this past season (Martin, Forsyth) I'd agree with the original post.

Over to you.

I'm not tired of your posts at all - one day you will write something constructive and I want to be here to witness it.

Likewise,

I haven't seen you nor Ronnie make a valid post to debate against me, other than these digs at me. How's that "constructive"?

"WUM"

"Wossssh"

"Obsessed with Clough"

Great way to prove us wrong fella.

Thanks. Of course there was a reason for asking you to break it down season on season.

Those numbers are massive in the first two full seasons. Too high and probably go a long way to explaining why we finished where we did.

Do I think some of those 22 loanees were mistakes, hell yes. MIstakes in that they didn't work out to be long term but also mistakes in that some of them clearly weren't good enough for what we needed even then.

The Carroll loan in particular p's me off as I think that more than anything else killed our momentum in 2011. I think we had a better balance without him in there.

In my opinion it was a poor decision, in my opinion from time to time NIgel makes poor decisions. He does, I know it, you know it, I hope and am pretty sure, he knows it as well.

I hope you're noticing though that the number is rapidly coming down. Season on Season, and  that in 2009 and possibly again in 2010 we just didn't have either the first team squad or the youth back up that was trusted and ready.

Where as now we're more likely to bring in a young un of our own, in the first couple of years we just didn't have that option. There were times I think where we brought in a "body" because we needed numbers.

On to today, If we make more than three loans this season I'd be amazed (and actually a bit pissed off), if we're not one of the teams with the lowest number of used players again, I'd be amazed.

Back then we needed loans, he got some of them wildly wrong. Now we don't need so many.

http://www.derbycountyblog.com/nigel-cloughs-transfer-activity-as-derby-county

How many loanees did we have in the 09/10 season who didn't sign a permenant contract? ELEVEN.

What about the 2010/11 season? Bueno, Kuqi, Duke, Moore, Jones, Ayala, Noble. SEVEN

That's 18 players there alone we've had on loan in those two seasons and Clough didn't sign to a permenant contract , hence my argument with Asanovics "Clough doesn't like loans to cover cracks" comment.

More recently in the 2011/12 season: Kilbane, Noble, Priskin, Carroll...

How many of those signed? That's a whopping 22 players in the three seasons I've mentioned.

Only this past season (Martin, Forsyth) I'd agree with the original post.

Over to you.

So would you agree that his loan strategy has evolved, ney improved, over time?

I think we'd all agree that a good loan can be a really good way of bringing in good players, in the last couple of seasons they've been used predominantly to have a look at a few players with a view to permanents.

I'd say he's learning how best to exploit the market, Smith coming in is a little different to recent acquisitions but we don't know what the deal is regarding option to buy so we'll have to wait and see. If he is as good as Brayford for a year in a key season when top 6 is the stated aim then it could prove to be a useful acquisition. If not then we can reassess over the summer, it's probably a temporary measure but a season is a long time to weigh up all the options.

I think some of the other posters get a little frustrated about people bringing up things from 4-5 years ago, when it seems obvious to me that Clough has learnt from those mistakes and is using the loan market much better now.

It doesn't always have to be an argument though and I think sometimes you can come across as quite abrasive when people challenge your views. Point is it's a debate and it would be boring if we all agreed but it's give and take.

I give the bloke credit for the improvement on that front, he's massively decreased feeling the need to dip into the loan market and now added some much needed stability.

All I'm saying is I can count on one hand the loan/ to permanent signings we've brought in - who have actually improved us; Ward, Fielding, Robinson (although others will disagree). Martin the judge is still out on, likewise with Forsyth. Martin? Cywka? I'll let you decide.

Someone said Clough likes to get loan to permanent players in and all I've said was that Clough; having had plenty of loanees at his disposal, as only managed to bring in half a dozen on permentant deals.

Whats the problem? How am I "obsessed with Clough" for stating the obvious?

Everything Nigel does is to perfection Eranio  :cool:. Nowt wrong with any of his signings, his tactics and especially with his 80 something minute substitutions.

I mean the players you mentioned, all 30 something of them added pride, passion and most importantly quality in there duration here. 

It's only taken Nigel a mere five years to get out of the loan routine, respect him and wise up fool.

And most importantly it's only taken Ronald Mcdonald 639 posts to write something without a pety insult.

Impressive  :)

The future is looking good.

Do you none of you ever step back and realise you'll not win these arguments! You will never convince someone of your opinion absolutely, it's pointless trying. Personally not a huge fan of Clough tactically and team selection wise, think he's done a good job recruitment wise and has steadied a sinking ship though. Play attractive football as well now with young, hungry British players who seem to genuinely try and care about the club.

Think we can be too negative away from home espescially, also at home the odd time and don't like the square pegs round hole selections at time. Hendrick at right mid being the latest one.

Two sides to every argument, answer is always in the middle. Feels on here like we have to be happy clappers or wrist slashers! Think most people are happy the direction we're headed but still things that could be worked on/improved!

And the season hasn't started yet, get behind the team and let's see how things progress.

Do you none of you ever step back and realise you'll not win these arguments! You will never convince someone of your opinion absolutely, it's pointless trying. Personally not a huge fan of Clough tactically and team selection wise, think he's done a good job recruitment wise and has steadied a sinking ship though. Play attractive football as well now with young, hungry British players who seem to genuinely try and care about the club.

Think we can be too negative away from home espescially, also at home the odd time and don't like the square pegs round hole selections at time. Hendrick at right mid being the latest one.

Two sides to every argument, answer is always in the middle. Feels on here like we have to be happy clappers or wrist slashers! Think most people are happy the direction we're headed but still things that could be worked on/improved!

And the season hasn't started yet, get behind the team and let's see how things progress.

Sums up how I feel, pretty much spot on.

Archived