Slight moan

derbyram1994

If anyone else like Phil Brown had done this (sell ya best player and replace him with a loanee) they'd have been took to the slaughter house.

Spurs have took us for mugs over the past decade; Huddlestone, Rasiak, Carroll, Livermoore...

We have sold a Championship right back and replaced him with a Premier League right back (ok he might have only played one game for Spurs but the fact he has just signed a new 3 year contract shows they rate him highly).

Why on earth would anyone want to slaughter the manager for doing this, at the same time as putting + £1million in the bank for more signings?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone else like Phil Brown had done this (sell ya best player and replace him with a loanee) they'd have been took to the slaughter house.

Spurs have took us for mugs over the past decade; Huddlestone, Rasiak, Carroll, Livermoore...

Not to mention Johnny Jackson...

Brayford clearly wanted to go and he deserves the chance to test himself at the higher level. Our option was to keep him here which would have cost us up to £2M plus his wages before he walked away for free. Taking the money and replacing with another highly rated footballer seems to me to be a positive move. 

As regards Huddlestone & Rasiak Wasn't the board at the time who took us for mugs? And why would loaning us a couple of their young players be taking us for mugs? We must have asked for them, they were not forced onto us and as I recall they are both talented players.

However, it does give you an opportunity to vent your depression on other posters.

Brayford clearly wanted to go and he deserves the chance to test himself at the higher level. Our option was to keep him here which would have cost us up to £2M plus his wages before he walked away for free. Taking the money and replacing with another highly rated footballer seems to me to be a positive move. 

As regards Huddlestone & Rasiak Wasn't the board at the time who took us for mugs? And why would loaning us a couple of their young players be taking us for mugs? We must have asked for them, they were not forced onto us and as I recall they are both talented players.

However, it does give you an opportunity to vent your depression on other posters.

How have I vented anything at anyone?

We have sold a Championship right back and replaced him with a Premier League right back (ok he might have only played one game for Spurs but the fact he has just signed a new 3 year contract shows they rate him highly).

Why on earth would anyone want to slaughter the manager for doing this, at the same time as putting + £1million in the bank for more signings?

Ok, did you rate Tom Carroll? He's rated highly at Spurs also? Was his loan a success?

What about Ryan Noble? Was he an successful premiership loanee for us?

Overall I think it's a good move. We have money in the bank now, which NC has a month to decide who to spend on if he wants someone in now. He might say he's in no rush for a centre back, but that can easily be read that he's talking before Sunday's opener, rather than in general. I'd be surprised if he decided to wait until at least January with only Bucko and Keogh as centre halves (discounting players who 'can' play there if required or youngsters with no experience). But he doesn't have to panic and bring someone in this week.

At right back we have what seems to be a good replacement for Brayford, a young player with plenty of Championship experience, coming from a Premier League club, who is here for the season. If we are to progress, then we need better players, I imagine this lad is better than Freeman. 

The aim is to get promoted, and if NC thinks bringing this lad in for a season gives us a better chance of doing that, then brilliant.

And we still have some money to get in a central defender.

Ok, did you rate Tom Carroll? He's rated highly at Spurs also? Was his loan a success?

Carroll had obvious technical ability but was too weak, probably not cut out for this division so no his loan was not a success.

Noble only played twice (I think) so hard to judge him.

Not sure I can see your point.

Maybe if by some luck we managed to get promoted maybe we could sign him for £2 or 3 million, and we'd already know what he's like. We've done well to sign this lad, he'll certainly improve us. If as expected he does go back to Tottenham, hopefully Freeman might learn when to attack and when to sit back from this lad.

This time next season Jamie Hanson will be 18, and could well be first team next season if we weren't to get promoted.

Happy with Smith coming in but if we're serious about pushing on this year we have to look at getting a top class CB in. Jake is a decent squad player and has become something of a cult hero but that is all he should be. Bring in a quality Loan CB and I'd be very happy with our options for the season.

Is Smith the same person as Carroll? is Russell the same person as Maguire? 

your reasoning is ******* mental!

I thought the club had got away from loaning players in, I thought we were a club building for a long term future using our own players. Has this changed? A lot of that will be answered if we bring in another CB.

This tells me Freeman is not considered good enough for whatever ambition the club has this season (top 6?). He sure won't improve much if all he does is warm a bench and play for the reserve team, whatever fancy name it has these days. To say Freeman may somehow magically be ready next season when the reason some claim he isn't for this season is that dreaded experience word, would be laughable.

So are we providing game time for Spurs' sake or do we genuinely think we have a shot a promotion?

I thought the club had got away from loaning players in, I thought we were a club building for a long term future using our own players. Has this changed? A lot of that will be answered if we bring in another CB.

This tells me Freeman is not considered good enough for whatever ambition the club has this season (top 6?). He sure won't improve much if all he does is warm a bench and play for the reserve team, whatever fancy name it has these days. To say Freeman may somehow magically be ready next season when the reason some claim he isn't for this season is that dreaded experience word, would be laughable.

So are we providing game time for Spurs' sake or do we genuinely think we have a shot a promotion?

NC has never said that we will not take loan players as far as I am aware. Nobody wants a team full of too many loan players of course, but a couple of good quality players to help the team progress is a positive move.

As regards Freeman, I am not really understanding your point. Are you saying that if he is not ready now, he will not be ready in twelve months?

So at what point is a player classed as 'ready'? As soon as they leave school based on this logic? Do you not think players can improve over time?

Can you imagine the reaction of the fans if NC picked a team full of youngsters who he thought would be good enough to make the grade in the future?

Well it's a promotion push this year. What people need to understand is we needed to get a RB and CB (Rush hasn't said we're NOT getting one) with the Brayford money, but we need to be buying top 6 standard players. He's been bought so we don't have the baggage of some half-arsed right-back next year (IF we go up). We'd struggle to find a better RB than Smith for the money we had available, therefore damaging our play-off chances.

Anyway, we'll buy John back when we go up and Cardiff go down  :D

NC has never said that we will not take loan players as far as I am aware. Nobody wants a team full of too many loan players of course, but a couple of good quality players to help the team progress is a positive move.

As regards Freeman, I am not really understanding your point. Are you saying that if he is not ready now, he will not be ready in twelve months?

I am just saying I don't see how another season of being a backup player will help his development enough that he could be considered our RB for next season, which would leave us needing to find a new one for next season.

My whole point is, this loan shows an ambition to be challenging for top six(if mid table was an aim I feel Freeman would be first choice) but the club have to back this up with another CB.

Throughout the summer - in fact ever since March or April last season, the club have been consistent in saying that the strengthening of the team would be either by the acquisition of permanent signings or by judicious use of the loan market.

I am just saying I don't see how another season of being a backup player will help his development enough that he could be considered our RB for next season, which would leave us needing to find a new one for next season.

My whole point is, this loan shows an ambition to be challenging for top six(if mid table was an aim I feel Freeman would be first choice) but the club have to back this up with another CB.

We dont yet know who will be 1st choice RB and assuming that Smith will walk straight in to the team may be doing Freeman a disservice. NC said he would get his chance and we may well see him tog out and put in a sterling shift against Blackburn next Sunday.

What we do know is that we needed a 2nd option and that is what we now have. I expect to see Smith and Freeman both competing for the Jersey and both being in with a shout of making the starting 11. That can only be good for the team and hopefully we will see both players playing their part and improving as a result.

Throughout the summer - in fact ever since March or April last season, the club have been consistent in saying that the strengthening of the team would be either by the acquisition of permanent signings or by judicious use of the loan market.

100% correct Eddie and in addition to that they were always very open about the fact that the 1 regualr first-team starter that could potentially move on was Brayford. They have been very consistent, open and accurate with their message.

Archived