It's top six or bust for Derby

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow I'm a whooping 300,000 off, I don't sit with a big notepad next to me with all these figures fella.

What about the 1.2 on Sammon? The million on Barker? Keogh? Bailey/Brayford? Fielding? Porter? Moxey?..

How's that having NO money to spend?

Sammon was about £1.2 million if the rumours are true, Barker £950k, Bailey and Brayford were just shy of a million together, whilst Fielding was supposedly around the £400k mark, as was Porter and Moxey. At this level those are hardly huge transfer deals, and you've managed to list a handful of them over Nigel's time here.

As for "only 300,000 off", are you kidding me?! Firstly, you ignored that the club got most of the money back. Secondly, £300k off here is a whopping 75% error. That's like trying to get from Derby to London, and ending up in Dunkirk, then passing it off as a "small error".

How did the club get most of the money back ? We sold Fielding for 300,000 or so LESS.

Bailey? Where's he at nowadays? Robinson? Legzdins? How much did those three total in transfer fees?

How much did Chris Porter leave for? Did we recoup anything? Nope.

If someone can find me proof Maguire went for the sum we paid Aberdeen go for it, I certainly can't. I doubt we'd got anywhere close considering it was evident he wasn't wanted here having loaned him to the most skint club in the Country in Portsmouth.

Like I said, I don't have every last transfer figure wrote down but it's evidence Clough as had more than enough to spend in his tenure, look at this starting eleven last season: Fielding, Brayford, Keogh, Buxton, Roberts, Davies, Bryson, Hendrick, Ward, Sammon, Hughes. How many of those eleven cost a fee? There's a good few million there alone.

How much did Charlton spend last Summer? Do they have the luxuary of two million pound centre halves, a 1.2 forward who doesnt score goals and several others costing over 300,000?

How anyone can say he's had NO money is laughable.

How did the club get most of the money back ? We sold Fielding for 300,000 or so LESS.

Bailey? Where's he at nowadays? Robinson? Legzdins? How much did those three total in transfer fees?

How much did Chris Porter leave for? Did we recoup anything? Nope.

If someone can find me proof Maguire went for the sum we paid Aberdeen go for it, I certainly can't. I doubt we'd got anywhere close considering it was evident he wasn't wanted here having loaned him to the most skint club in the Country in Portsmouth.

Like I said, I don't have every last transfer figure wrote down but it's evidence Clough as had more than enough to spend in his tenure, look at this starting eleven last season: Fielding, Brayford, Keogh, Buxton, Roberts, Davies, Bryson, Hendrick, Ward, Sammon, Hughes. How many of those eleven cost a fee? There's a good few million there alone.

How much did Charlton spend last Summer? Do they have the luxuary of two million pound centre halves, a 1.2 forward who doesnt score goals and several others costing over 300,000?

How anyone can say he's had NO money is laughable.

You don't get the point. I'll make it easier for you.

If you sold an old t-shirt for £4, and then brought a £3 hat- does this mean you've had money, or just been able to re-invest from what you've sold? 

Clough has made a profit since he has been here, so therefore has had no money - but his budget lies somewhere around 16th/15th positio(i would imagine)n, so therefore should get into the top 6 otherwise his a **** manager. :rolleyes:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/8845953/sky-bet-championship-guide

Sky bet reckon we're gonna do alright this season...

And yes... I'm very excited about this and will be posting it everywhere...

I would definitely take that!! 

1) Reading

2) Bolton

3) Wigan

4) Derby

5) Forest

6) QPR

7) Watford

8) Leicester

9) Blackburn

10) Leeds

11) Brighton

12) Charlton

13) Barnsley

14) Ipswich

15) Middlesborough

16) Millwall

17) Bournemouth

18) Huddersfield

19) Burnley

20) Birmingham

21) Wednesday

22) Yeovil

23) Blackpool

24) Doncaster

Has us, vs the dogs in the play-off semi though   :unsure: 

I would definitely take that!! 

1) Reading

2) Bolton

3) Wigan

4) Derby

5) Forest

6) QPR

7) Watford

8) Leicester

9) Blackburn

10) Leeds

11) Brighton

12) Charlton

13) Barnsley

14) Ipswich

15) Middlesborough

16) Millwall

17) Bournemouth

18) Huddersfield

19) Burnley

20) Birmingham

21) Wednesday

22) Yeovil

23) Blackpool

24) Doncaster

Has us, vs the dogs in the play-off semi though   :unsure: 

don't worry they can't win a semi for peanuts :D

How on earth has Clough made a profit?

How much did he manage to get for the likes of Bywater, Pearson, Porter, Martin, Maguire, Cywka, Fielding, Leacock?

Our biggest fee since he's been here is a mere 1.5m for Brayford, we paid practically a million for him from a league two side, - which ofcourse included Bailey fair enough, buts surprise surprise he's another surplus to requirements player on the books who will be sold for a tenner.

You're comparing clothes to football, my God what a comparasment.

Now if he had brought Ben Pringle and made him into a 500,000 player you'd have a fair point. Likewise for Deeney, Robinson, and the above mentioned.

People will mention the youth players like Hendrick, Hughes and Bennett, but Wassall deserves just as much credit on that front and yet his name rarely crops up on here.

Odds are odds, I wonder what they were for Wolves to get promoted last season...

http://www.skybet.com/football/specials/derby-specials?aff=682

Derby odds........7-2 for top six finish and 3-1 on Russell top scorer look very interesting ;)

from Yeovil fan

Who will win promotion? Watford, QPR (if they get rid of some of the egos, but I'm sure Harry will sort it all out) and Derby through the play-offs.

Who will be relegated? Would love to see Forest go down but I'll have to go for Millwall, Doncaster and possibly Middlesbrough based on their form in the run in at the end of last season.

You don't get the point. I'll make it easier for you.

If you sold an old t-shirt for £4, and then brought a £3 hat- does this mean you've had money, or just been able to re-invest from what you've sold? 

Clough has made a profit since he has been here, so therefore has had no money - but his budget lies somewhere around 16th/15th positio(i would imagine)n, so therefore should get into the top 6 otherwise his a **** manager. :rolleyes:

hang on, weren't you banging on about Blackburn having an £8m player in Jordan Rhodes last season when they beat us? Saying we cannot compete with the investment? Did you not notice that Blackburn, having sold players like Phil Jones and Chris Samba were about £30m in profit to start with?

from Yeovil fan

Who will win promotion? Watford, QPR (if they get rid of some of the egos, but I'm sure Harry will sort it all out) and Derby through the play-offs.

Who will be relegated? Would love to see Forest go down but I'll have to go for Millwall, Doncaster and possibly Middlesbrough based on their form in the run in at the end of last season.

Yeovil fan who also says he supports Derby!!!

hang on, weren't you banging on about Blackburn having an £8m player in Jordan Rhodes last season when they beat us? Saying we cannot compete with the investment? Did you not notice that Blackburn, having sold players like Phil Jones and Chris Samba were about £30m in profit to start with?

I get your point, but we're in a completely different boat to blackburn. 

they've had to sell to buy, like us - (they have parachute payments) but we haven't had a Jones or Samba, we had a Brayford and Shackell and we will re-invest that (i hope, although I do worry if we'll ever see the brayford money again)

I don't get what you're argument is, at the end of the day - we're still working on a smaller budget than the majority of championship clubs.

I expect top six this season. Some on here have stated it would be a huge achievement if we did. Why is that? The thing that stopped us most from doing well last season was our appalling away form. I would suggest defence is the only area of the pitch we are weaker in that last season but not a lot in it. In Martin and Russell we have the players to get us goals and goals away from home and if Eustace can do the job Clough wants him for...

Having seen these odds on Derby being top six, I still don't see how it can be regarded as a huge achievement this season, it should be expected. I am looking forward to this season, but should we not finish top six or had a real good go, then Clough's role has to be looked at, another midtable season is surely not acceptable. I think Rush has put the pressure on to get us moving quicker.

But heck, screw being negative, this will be an exciting season...

Archived