It's top six or bust for Derby

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute nonsense! For starters Burley had a vasectomy in his mid 30s!

Hehehehehe. Only took 3 days to get a bite.

Sorry pal, was just trying to stop another another painfully dull yet strikingly familiar debate about Clough/Burley. For the record i am a fan of both. 

Hehehehehe. Only took 3 days to get a bite.

Sorry pal, was just trying to stop another another painfully dull yet strikingly familiar debate about Clough/Burley. For the record i am a fan of both. 

Forgive Mostyn's late arrival.

They only let him use the computer when he's picked all the crayons up.

We're not in the top eight in the betting to win the championship. I think that accurately reflects our chances. We will be top ten, but we need two more players at least to compete with some very good sides this year. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we:-

a) Have a strong enough central defence

b) Have proven goalscorers at this level.

c) Have a true leader

Just my opinion and I really hope I'm wrong!

Pointless getting promoted under Nigel, if we won the so called £120 million match and arrived in the promised land he would not have a clue on who to buy and whats more important he would not be able to handle them  :D

I'm inclined to agree here , i think when we get promoted , it's job done for 'our Nige' ,

he may not even relish the challenge of trying to keep us up there .

What he will have achieved is a sound foundation for a sustainable club.

We then need an experienced head who can push us on to the next level.

I'm afraid that probably isn't Nigel.

Pointless getting promoted under Nigel, if we won the so called £120 million match and arrived in the promised land he would not have a clue on who to buy and whats more important he would not be able to handle them  :D

I like your new userid, Eranio20.

1st i always want us to win, i am sometimes happy/relieved if we draw, i get totally p!ssed off when we lose....

That said, all this talk of top 6 is hopeful and doesn't take into consideration how other teams in the Champ have upped their game too, and still are continuing to up their game ! Wheras i feel our business is done.... 

If we finish top 6 without adding to the squad we have now i will be amazed, and will have total faith in the management knowing what they are talking about, but only time will tell, atm..... i feel we will finish about 10th.... again.

I think it will be a tight league again,with it being hard to predict a top 3 or bottom 3 atm, but i think altho we will score more goals, we will still leak at the back, and that will be our problem, i hope im wrong,or i hope we strengthen at the back, i also hope we see Barker back to his old self ( i think thats what NC is hoping we can hold out for)  but thats how i see it going. I guess we'll see.

NC has to do something this season. Play offs are the target but I would accept a close miss. Won't happen though as he is too risk averse hence our away form will remain crap.

Just has not got the tactical brain or balls to take us any further.

NC has to do something this season. Play offs are the target but I would accept a close miss. Won't happen though as he is too risk averse hence our away form will remain crap.

Just has not got the tactical brain or balls to take us any further.

Two of your three posts so far mention Nigel Clough's testicles. You seem to have a rather unhealthy fixation with them.

Welcome aboard - you'll fit in well here. 

You're assuming he'd be as bad as Billy Davies then............

You're assuming he'd be as bad as Billy Davies then............

Billy Davies knew who to buy. It's us that didnt know his objective.

Even Jewell knew who to buy. His objective was clear too.

eddie?

eddie?!

Don't matter, I'll do it

"BCO"

Two of your three posts so far mention Nigel Clough's testicles. You seem to have a rather unhealthy fixation with them.

Don’t mock. There’s a long-standing preoccupation with Nigel’s nuts in popular culture…

"http://www.pianohelp.net/pictures/Jerry%20Lee%20Lewis%20Great%20balls%20of%20fire" alt="Jerry%20Lee%20Lewis%20Great%20balls%20of">

Moved across from DerbyMad.. Gonna get banned if I stay on there.

Yet to find Nigel's balls, been nearly 5 years and I am now of the opinion he ain't got none.

Yet to find Nigel's balls, been nearly 5 years and I am now of the opinion he ain't got none.

Well he had the balls to play football at the highest level.

Then went on to manage a small team to promotion twice & into the football league, where importantly they have continued to progress.

He then took on management of his local team even though he'll have a significant number of clueless wonders trying to insult him on a regular basis. On a small budget he has taken that team forward each year. He also has an amazing record of beating Forest & Leeds in our two most intense fixtures.

What great things has Angry Ram has done to show he has balls ???

Well he had the balls to play football at the highest level.

Then went on to manage a small team to promotion twice & into the football league, where importantly they have continued to progress.

He then took on management of his local team even though he'll have a significant number of clueless wonders trying to insult him on a regular basis. On a small budget he has taken that team forward each year. He also has an amazing record of beating Forest & Leeds in our two most intense fixtures.

What great things has Angry Ram has done to show he has balls ???

Beat the crap out of some weed.. Got BIG balls me mate don't you worry.

So where is Nigel's balls when we play away from home, defensive negative football. How many times away from home in the last few seasons have we been in decent positions? Not many fella.. He craps himself over the opposition every time, then we get some bull about them being full of ex Premier League players.. Blackburn in the cup last season.. Lost his bottle.

Tomorrow is a big test for him...

He has good tools in the bag but not a bleeding clue how to use them.

I'll race you to get banned here.

Jesus Christ, and I get called obsessive for mentioning Clough?

It was a joke, just trying to lighten your load. You remember them, don't you?

<eranio20 mode> "Yes. Nigel is one, so is Sammon" </eranio20 mode>

Archived