Expectations?

Ambitious

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I agree. If a top 6 push is wanted then Buxton can't be starting, but to say not up to it is unfair. I think, right now, Freeman maybe isn't good enough but from what I saw last season, I wouldn't be fussed if he started our first game!

Agreed, for me Bucko is the player who has made the most improvements season to season and deserves more recognition for his achievements.

He's not first team if we plan to go forward but when he comes on I don't think "Oh no", he's gained the confidence of myself, and other fans?

One thing that you can guarantee with the Championship is that you either destroy all-comers with sheer quality and go up with 100+ points or you grind out your 1-0 wins and lucky points and go up with considerably less points.

My expectations are that if we add a quality spine to the team (ie centre-back, midfielder and striker to match the signing of Lee Grant) then we could easily do the former

i'll take that

Oh I agree. If a top 6 push is wanted then Buxton can't be starting, but to say not up to it is unfair. I think, right now, Freeman maybe isn't good enough but from what I saw last season, I wouldn't be fussed if he started our first game!

Why can't Buxton be starting? 

Has been fantastic this season, I thought he was more reliable than Keogh (if less spectacular) but certainly played like a top defensive centre back. 

I think we need another name at centre back, but it's not a case of replacing Buxton - he'll fight for his place, and it could even be Keogh who might have to make way, would add genuine competition! 

Many didn't rate Jake when he arrived at Derby because he signed from Burton and loads of people reckoned that he had been rubbish at Mansfield - there were some who blamed him for Mansfield being relegated from the league (probably Florsts on a wind-up).

Once some people make their mind up about something, they don't have the capability to be able to change their minds. Two cases in point - people today, on this forum, knocking the ability of El Hamdaoui and Danny Graham.

I liken Jake Buxton to Peter Daniel - he goes about his job in a professional manner and never lets anyone down - strong in the air and solid in the tackle - just like it says on the tin. He's also become one of the best passers of the ball at the club and a legend for scoring the winner against the dogs.

i just think with him in the side he does get games by scruff of the neck, if anyone lets goals go in was keog fault making to many poor decesion making. no one is arueing that we need another centrel defander because we do.

Ambitious Buxton has not been fantastic period.

I recognise those individual words, but I'm buggered if I can make a sentence out of them.

Anyone else just think the squad isnt good enough?

We need huge improvement in a number of areas in my opinion, I'd like to see who we bring in before making a judgement on where I think we'll finish, but most likely, mid table, like every other season.

I see very little reason as to why next season will be any different than the previous few. 

i think you might be suprised i think derby can breaking into the top 3 or even finnish in the top 6, i think we need a goal scorer and with jeff hendrick having a good international duty, and even conner sammion scored on sunday but i am still not won over by him what so ever.

i think you might be suprised i think derby can breaking into the top 3 or even finnish in the top 6, i think we need a goal scorer and with jeff hendrick having a good international duty, and even conner sammion scored on sunday but i am still not won over by him what so ever.

Connor Sammion didn't score

look the season had not even started stop all this doom and gloom and i have spotted a couple of possabiltys on tranfears thing on here does anyone one now sam rush email to dcfc as i would like to email them to him, so he can tell nigal and see what he thinks.

look the season had not even started stop all this doom and gloom and i have spotted a couple of possabiltys on tranfears thing on here does anyone one now sam rush email to dcfc as i would like to email them to him, so he can tell nigal and see what he thinks.

I'm not sure Nigel will be taking player suggestions from fans this season...or next....or the next....

I'm expecting an attempt to break into the top 6, at the least. Mostly because this is what the club's noises are

I personally would like to see some of the youngsters a little more this season, Gjokaj and Hoganson definitely, maybe a bit more of Bennett, with the odd academy graduate in there.

As for the rest, well they're hopes mostly at the moment - they may well become expectations - but it's a bit early to judge. Come back on August the 1st and expectations might be different.

Archived