Expectations?

Ambitious

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect us to improve on last season by becoming consistant home and away, that's it really..... do that and we are up GUARANTEED. I know it's easier said than done but with a few quality additions and Bryson, Brayford, Hughes and Hendrick working the Derbyshire fields in a chain gang until the 3rd of August, we'll be ready for the RamRaid. 

How can it be a 'busy' summer? 

We're signing 6 players, right? we already signed two of them, and the third is as good as done (forsyth). I would say bringing in 3 faces in 3 months should be fairly elementary. 

I think our hardest bit of business is selling the 'Derby County' brand to Brayford, one of our own - that is as important as any new signing coming through the door! 

I expect us to lose more games than we win..

I expect us to have a woeful away record

And I expect us to be saying the same stuff we do every summer about how next season is going to be the breakthrough year..

It's like a broken record on here.. You do realise we've just lost more than we've won in the worst ever NPC? An NPC where a woeful Hull and Palace side of gotten promoted..

Our signings will be average.. I mean Martin and Forsyth were apart of a side that lost more games than we won towards the end of the season.. Grant will make 0 difference to our fortunes.. Brayford will stay and end up playing 2 positions again whilst Coutts does feck all, we'll buy another striker from Scotland who has some sort of faulty ability because he's a flair player and will only make about 8 appearances all season, and we'll probably get in another defender who won't do anything to improve our awful record at conceding from set pieces..

Why does anyone honestly believe this season is going to be any different from the last 5?

Because a new Chief Exec has confidently talked up next seasons challenges?

You were sucked in when Glick started talking about a young hungry DCFC side, sucked in when he talked about Barker fees, sucked in when he promised we'll be competitive, sucked in when he talked up the academy graduates and now you've been sucked in again by Sam Rush's promises..

I'll be amazed if there isn't a thread just like this one this time next year when we've had the exact same season as last..

And I expect us to be saying the same stuff we do every summer about how next season is going to be the breakthrough year..

It's like a broken record on here.. You do realise we've just lost more than we've won in the worst ever NPC? An NPC where a woeful Hull and Palace side of gotten promoted..

Our signings will be average.. I mean Martin and Forsyth were apart of a side that lost more games than we won towards the end of the season.. Grant will make 0 difference to our fortunes.. Brayford will stay and end up playing 2 positions again whilst Coutts does feck all, we'll buy another striker from Scotland who has some sort of faulty ability because he's a flair player and will only make about 8 appearances all season, and we'll probably get in another defender who won't do anything to improve our awful record at conceding from set pieces..

Why does anyone honestly believe this season is going to be any different from the last 5?

You were sucked in when Glick started talking about a young hungry DCFC side, sucked in when he talked about Barker fees, sucked in when he promised we'll be competitive, sucked in when he talked up the academy graduates and now you've been sucked in again by Sam Rush's promises..

I'll be amazed if there isn't a thread just like this one this time next year when we've had the exact same season as last..

My thoughts exactly!

My expectations last year was a top 10 finish. Clough + his team delivered (just). What next? The play offs please.

The team is nearly there imo. A few key additions and we'll be knocking on the door. If we sign Russell I'll be feeling quietly optimistic.

On a personal level I went to 5 games last year and saw us score 1 measly goal (1 draw + 4 defeats), so I'd like to be in the crowd when we win one please!

My expectations last year was a top 10 finish. Clough + his team delivered (just). What next? The play offs please.

The team is nearly there imo. A few key additions and we'll be knocking on the door. If we sign Russell I'll be feeling quietly optimistic.

On a personal level I went to 5 games last year and saw us score 1 measly goal (1 draw + 4 defeats), so I'd like to be in the crowd when we win one please!

I dont think I'm being overly-harsh when I say it's ALL your fault! STAY AWAY! You cost us promotion!

Although people are gunna look down on this post, 'Bris spouting **** etc', based on everything that's happened at the club in the last few years, this is the most likely scenario. 

People dont want to admit it, but the only real reason as to why people think we'll be challenging near the top, is pure hope. 

People that do genuinely believe we'll be in the top 6, I hope to see a few betting slips where you've put your money where your mouth is, as you must be hoping to make a killing, as the bookies give us about much chance as I do. 

Is there anything about Derby County you like or look forward to? You are entitled of course to your opinion but I just don't understand your fascination for a club that clearly frustrates you and draws such negativity out of you.

Archived