Craig Forsyth

-JW-

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also seen this, it's only stating he's still under contract (so with 1 year left) but it looks like after releasing 15 players? It looks like he will still be a Hornet's player next season so hope we have a back up plan!

Eustace or useless as he was affectionately nick named never looked convincing for me, and he plays in a position were not looking to strengthen so would doubt he's a target at all.

Would be very odd if they went for him whilst trying to shift what they call 'dead wood' from the wages bill.

I wonder if the signing of Russell could be used as a positive to tempt Forsyth - although from what I've heard he would jump at the move anyway.

Now I reckon that Forsyth has the makings of a superb left-back. His presence, composure and footballing brain contributed so much whilst he was here last season. With more game time at full-back, I can only see him getting better. To me, if he improves just a little, he can't be far away from a call up for Scotland. Now with Russell joining Coutts and Bryson here, Pride Park must surely be a regular venue for Strachan or one of his mates to watch games.

Keep forgetting Forsyth's Scottish and indeed what he even looks like. Is it me or if Forsyth walked right into your front room. Like right now. Would you recognise him??

Haha I know what you mean.

Just read that Watford have released 7 players from the club. Leaving only 15 registered players for the upcoming season , one of them being Craig Forsyth so I think we should look elsewhere :(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22826958

They're all out of contract players. They wouldn't release Forsyth as they know we are willing to pay a small fee for him.

Their problem is really the transfer embargo. They have to get transfers authorised by the Football League. As the penalty was aimed at the previous regime I doubt that there will be too many problems.

I don't think that the change in overseas loans will cause much issue for them either. The players that did well last season and want to return will just be free transferred from the owners' other clubs, rather than loaned. They can still loan in another five players, whom I assume would be the new batch of Italian youngsters.

We'll still get Forsyth.

Archived