• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me to focus on the negatives!

Best players!

Eranio

Baiano

Wanchope

Since those days in the Prem we've had "good" players good for where we are you're Howards, Raziak etc etc but not the skilled players we once had!

is this list inclusive of players we had on loan?

To be fair i can not see the point to name Blessing Kaku, Daniele Daino and other talbots who only had a couple of games for Derby County. No matter how bad that games were. I would say we had/have enough crap/good players on permanent deals to choose from.

To be fair i can not see the point to name Blessing Kaku, Daniele Daino and other talbots who only had a couple of games for Derby County. No matter how bad that games were. I would say we had/have enough crap/good players on permanent deals to choose from.

So that rules the likes of Nick Chadwick, Stern John, Emerson Thome and Tom Carroll then!

I stumbled across another clubs forum site via Wikipedia the other week. They had asked fans via the forum to name up to 100 players (ambitious IMO) who they felt were the clubs best. These votes were then collated with each 1st place being given 100 points, 2nd place 99 points etc. it formed a really interesting run down. (if someone only offered 10 names the points were distributed 100, 99.... Through to 91).

I also think it would be interesting to do the same for the worst players.

This is not a thread to start collecting your best and worst players, merely to see if there is any interest and it is worth me kicking it off. The final list could become the official DCFCFans best and worst player lists.

100 best might not be so impossible as some of us can name players from earlier eras. I will say the Clough (sen)  / Mackay era had the best players, but my Dad will say they werent a patch on the 1946 Cup winners!

For me: Todd , McFarland and Gemmill were the best.

The worst: Clod Davis, Roy Greenwood, and Roy Carroll.

Who Remembers This Guy

_41524444_elhamdaoui_emp203

he was alright until he dislocated his shoulder, or whatever injury it was that wrecked him. To think the club sacrificed the add-ons from selling Huddlestone to have El Hamdoui on loan.

Worst player definitely for me is Danny Graham, the most un-natural striker I'd ever seen.

The days I hope we never have to return to living off any loans we could get such as Tommy Mooney!

Which shows just how nonsensical it is to write off players too early in their careers, doesn't it?

Nowt wrong with El Hamdaoui.

Think he was one of Browns better loanees to be honest, he was often sent back to Spurs injured but he looked decent in the games played here. 3 goals in 9 isn't bad, considering how bad we played.

He's played for Ajax, AZ and now Fiorentina so can't be that bad.

Nowt wrong with El Hamdaoui.

Think he was one of Browns better loanees to be honest, he was often sent back to Spurs injured but he looked decent in the games played here. 3 goals in 9 isn't bad, considering how bad we played.

He's played for Ajax, AZ and now Fiorentina so can't be that bad.

Didn't he end up as the leading goalscorer in Holland one season?

I will be honest and say I have never seen a player who I thought was world class, or a player who was a top premier league player at Derby.

Started watching when Baiano, Eranio, Stimac...etc were playing in their prime, but taking them out of context they would have never broke into one of the top sides in the country. 

However, we've seen horrible players too, but logically speaking the worst players to play for Derby County would have never played, so that makes it a hard choice in itself!

I think some people are naming people crucially unfair - Sammon is one of our best players currently, so you could put pretty much all the current team in the worst players we've ever had. McEveley was our left back in our promotion season, and wasn't as bad as Camara - Miller whilst not a trier was one of our best that season, a lot more names could be put in! 

Claude Davis was very poor, but there were worst keeping him in the squad - obviously! 

Archived