Best / Worst Rams Players

I have totalled up all of the votes (finally) and am going to start counting down.  Starting with the 25 best players.

If you want any details adding to any of the players, drop me an internal message and I'll edit it in.

25= Alberto Bueno

Appearances 29

Goals 5

Signed on loan by Nigel Clough for the 2010/11 season from Real Valladolid, he started the season playing in a 3 behind a lone striker.  He played during one of the rare times I actually went to games confident we were going to win, unfortunately his – and the team’s – form dropped and we fell from 4th in the league to 19th.   Returned to Valladolid where he still plays today.

25= Robin van der Laan

Appearances 65

Goals 4

Signed by Jim Smith for £475,000 and Lee Mills, from Port Vale in 1995 and immediately made captain for the promotion season of 1995/96.  A battling midfielder, he scored the goal that sealed promotion, against Crystal Palace.  Over the next two seasons he was gradually forced out of the first team by new arrivals and he left Pride Park, initially on loan to Wolves and then permanently to Barnsley for around £400,000.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24 Bobby Davison

Appearances 10

Goals 8

The validity of Bobby Davison’s position on this list can be questioned because the majority of his Derby career (his first spell was 206 appearances and 83 goals as Derby halted the decline of the early eighties and achieved double promotions back to the top flight) took place longer than 25 years ago.  His second spell was only on loan during the 1991/92 season from Leeds United and his goals fired us to the play offs.

• 1 month later...

Archived