Drink

Asanovic

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Packed up drinking in 1995. Had one since - spearmint vodka on my stag night.

Generally, it makes your stock go up as you end up being designated driver - that's when your mates aren't trying to spike your drinks or persuade you to just have one...

I'm now at an age where I don't go out drinking, so it's not so much of a problem. And my wife appreciates being able to drink at any parties, etc.

A couple of bottles at night just to help me cope with the forum.

I'm ok as long as i keep young uttox on ignore.

It took me a while to realise it, but there's a definite enjoyment curve associated with alcohol. I reckon around 2-4 drinks is the optimum for having fun. Thereafter the drink tastes less nice, the mind starts to get scrambled and the fun quotient drops. Reflect on your night out and try to think when you had the most laughs. I bet it was earlier in the night than you thought.

Concentrate on enjoying the taste not on necking it like some type of competition. It's what sets us apart from the continent on which alcohol is enjoyed in moderation. It's also a better example to set kids. 

I have learned to enjoy my drinking without the unpleasant consequences. I hope you can, too.

I've just turned 20, and although I probably don't have the same 'refinement' you older lads have  :ph34r: when it comes to drinking (i tend to drink whatever is the cheapest / has the best value to units ratio) I have considered packing it in. I've been doing my end of year exams lately, which finish on Tuesday (Hallelujah) so I haven't touched a drop for the past 6 weeks.

I was used to going out at least 3 times a week, and every night i'd easily consume 7 or 8 pints or the same amount of units (18-20) in spirits - just because you get to a point after about 3 pints you think you may aswell carry on! And at a £1 a pint you can't really help yourself!

After I sat down to revise, I did have a 'craving' to go out, as I was bored sitting in and revising, but after about a week this started to subside and I felt way better for it. In the past 6 weeks, I've lot my bit of a gut and feel generally healthier. 

I'm not sure if i'd stop fully, but probably only cut down to once a week.

SillyBilly

I tend to avoid non-drinkers at parties and drinking establishments, I don't want to be bored to death talking about numismatics or phitately. 

Feelin old tonight - saw Greenday in 2005 - my girls wouldn't come with me then - aged 8 and 10 - they've fooked off today, to London, the Emirates - no less - to see Greenday.  :angry:  oh and 'kaiser chiefs' :unsure:  and 'all time low' whoever the fook they are..

They just don't realise how cool I am....was.... B)

Work for Coors, so all you guys need to start going to the pub again... like now.

Cheers in advance.

You won't make much profit out of me, then. In the last year I have drunk the following Coors beers:

About 4 pints of Cobra (one for each visit to the Indian restaurant)

A couple of bottles of Tyskie my brother in law gave me at Christmas

A bottle of Worthington White Shield last week (this was very nice)

Feelin old tonight - saw Greenday in 2005 - my girls wouldn't come with me then - aged 8 and 10 - they've fooked off today, to London, the Emirates - no less - to see Greenday.  :angry:  oh and 'kaiser chiefs' :unsure:  and 'all time low' whoever the fook they are..

They just don't realise how cool I am....was.... B)

I first saw Black Sabbath more than 40 years ago.

I'm going to see them again in December.

I've never been cool, but I will headbang until I die.

You won't make much profit out of me, then. In the last year I have drunk the following Coors beers:

About 4 pints of Cobra (one for each visit to the Indian restaurant)

A couple of bottles of Tyskie my brother in law gave me at Christmas

A bottle of Worthington White Shield last week (this was very nice)

Not acceptable. Go drink Carling or we'll all become Australian.

Week and a half without drinking, to be honest I've not really thought about it. At a work do tomorrow which will be the acid test.

I'm giving myself a few weeks off and try and introduce it back in without getting absolutely whacked

Not acceptable. Go drink Carling or we'll all become Australian.

Please don't take offence, but I wouldn't generally touch Carling or any mass-produced, insipid, serve-cold-so-you-cannot-taste-anything lagers, I'm afraid. I do occasionally partake in lager beers, but generally something like Brewdog Growler, Augustiner Helles, Aecht Schlenkerla or if I want to be a bit 'common', Paulaner.

I'm probably a frightful beer snob.

Archived