Drink

Asanovic

Cheers guys, no need to worry about us,  i'd first get belted by my mates and them my mum (it is her car after all) for even contemplating having a drink. 

We have a system within our group where we designate a couple of drivers each weekend. This means all of us can save £50/60 one weekend, feel a bit more healthy the next day and those drinking can get free lifts to and from town not paying the extortionate cab fares.  

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drink driving laws are over-the-top. I'd like to see the figures as to who contributes to the low number of drink-driving related deaths per year, I'd suspect its the a**holes who are plastered. Social drinkers and social smokers #1 target for the nanny state brigade.

Drink-driving laws are in no way over the top.

In your opinion, the opinion of the government and I guess the majority of the population.

Not mine though. Don't worry, I don't drink-drive, I know I'd be finished over night if I got pulled on 3 pints.

In your opinion, the opinion of the government and I guess the majority of the population.

Not mine though. Don't worry, I don't drink-drive, I know I'd be finished over night if I got pulled on 3 pints.

But what is the actual point of drinking and driving?

Even a single pint affects your reactions. Just don't see why you'd want to get in a car after 3 or more pints.

You can never be too careful in a situation like this.

But what is the actual point of drinking and driving?

Even a single pint affects your reactions. Just don't see why you'd want to get in a car after 3 or more pints.

You can never be too careful in a situation like this.

What is the point of any vice?

I think we'll eventually move towards a total ban on drinking whilst driving to be honest - sure it'll probably be welcomed by most. I suspect the price of fags will continue to rocket with further tax rises, all for the greater good no doubt. A lot of control seems to be exercised on lifestyle these days.

Drink driving laws are over-the-top. I'd like to see the figures as to who contributes to the low number of drink-driving related deaths per year, I'd suspect its the a**holes who are plastered. Social drinkers and social smokers #1 target for the nanny state brigade.

Please let me know the next time you are driving - then I can avoid going out in my car at all. You say that you would be finished if you had three pints and got pulled over - can we assume therefore that you have two? Even one is too many if you are driving because alcohol does affect your judgement. It's not 'social drinkers' who are the enemy - it's social drink drivers. If you drink, don't drive. If you drive, don't drink. 

Please let me know the next time you are driving - then I can avoid going out in my car at all. You say that you would be finished if you had three pints and got pulled over - can we assume therefore that you have two? Even one is too many if you are driving because alcohol does affect your judgement. It's not 'social drinkers' who are the enemy - it's social drink drivers. If you drink, don't drive. If you drive, don't drink. 

THAT WAS A PUBLIC INFORMATION BROADCAST ON BEHALF OF EDDIE

:)

Police are watching a pub.

Bloke staggers out at closing time, goes to his car, fumbles for his keys, gets in the car.

Finally gets the car started and drives off, slowly.

Police follow him and stop him.

Out comes the breathalyser.

No sign of alcohol on him.

Police are amazed.

Bloke says

"I'm the designated decoy!"

Well it made me laugh. :rolleyes:

Yes, I'd have two, not often but nonetheless I would. I generally believe in personal responsibility over state responsibility, I suppose we have a medium of some description of the two.

Police are watching a pub.

Bloke staggers out at closing time, goes to his car, fumbles for his keys, gets in the car.

Finally gets the car started and drives off, slowly.

Police follow him and stop him.

Out comes the breathalyser.

No sign of alcohol on him.

Police are amazed.

Bloke says

"I'm the designated decoy!"

Well it made me laugh. :rolleyes:

Too deep for 'em , Steve ..i get it tho .. :D

can we assume therefore that you have two? Even one is too many if you are driving

Better rewind my life then. Had two or three pints three or four times a week for the last thirty years. Never had an accident, been breathalysed half a dozen times, never been anywhere near the limit.

You process a unit an hour, so if you're in the pub four hours, that's two pints out of your system. Add in the absorption of food if you have a meal, and two pints over the course of an evening is effectively nothing.

Taken from the NHS site:

On average, it takes about one hour for your body to break down one unit of alcohol. However, this can vary, depending on:

your weight

whether you’re male or female

your age

how quickly or slowly your body turns food into energy (your metabolism)

how much food you have eaten

the type and strength of the alcohol

whether you’re taking medication and, if so, what type

It can also take longer if your liver isn’t working normally.

3 units in a pint of Stella. So would take 3 hours to lose 1 pint according to that. Not accounting for the other conditions above.

I'm talking about a couple of pints of Arbor Light, or equivalent, and I'm 6ft with a fast metabolism. I wouldn't neck a pint of Stella and drive.

Not worth the risk though mate.....have a skin full no probs just get a taxi :D

Archived