Drink

Asanovic

Thinking about knocking it on the head.

It doesn't affect me in the working week generally, but seem to get in a pickle at weekends (mostly unplanned) and free booze work do's, as I'm sure most lads in their mid 20's do. Started doing a few tw*ttish things like missing expensive trains, unnecessarily arguing with people and making commitments when I'm p*ssed that I can't keep. All standard fare for the average drinker, but I'm basically fed up of being stupid when drunk! I used to enjoy the craic of a hangover, going for some breakfast with your mates and shaking it off, but I'm not fussed anymore.

Absolute killer from a weight point of view and the hangovers are getting worse - find myself in a complete depression pit come Sunday night, as well as feeling sick as a dog.

AND - probably most importantly - it's so bloody expensive. Live in Central London and even though I drink in pubs rather than clubs I find myself throwing cash at booze all night. Then I come home for the match, exclaim at how cheap it is, and drink more to compensate.

Already tried moderation and I'm just useless at it. Once I get the taste for it I'll knock it back.

Do quite alot outside of work so I'm not dependent on drinking at weekends, but obviously if you're used to being a pub environment often it's tough when all your mates are drinking.

Has anyone else jacked it in?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I often jack it in for a month or two at a time and find it reasonably easy. Just try abstaining for two or four weeks and see how you feel. Put the money you save into a little pot and at the end of four weeks send it all to me.

Thinking about knocking it on the head.

It doesn't affect me in the working week generally, but seem to get in a pickle at weekends (mostly unplanned) and free booze work do's, as I'm sure most lads in their mid 20's do. Started doing a few tw*ttish things like missing expensive trains, unnecessarily arguing with people and making commitments when I'm p*ssed that I can't keep. All standard fare for the average drinker, but I'm basically fed up of being stupid when drunk! I used to enjoy the craic of a hangover, going for some breakfast with your mates and shaking it off, but I'm not fussed anymore.

Absolute killer from a weight point of view and the hangovers are getting worse - find myself in a complete depression pit come Sunday night, as well as feeling sick as a dog.

AND - probably most importantly - it's so bloody expensive. Live in Central London and even though I drink in pubs rather than clubs I find myself throwing cash at booze all night. Then I come home for the match, exclaim at how cheap it is, and drink more to compensate.

Already tried moderation and I'm just useless at it. Once I get the taste for it I'll knock it back.

Do quite alot outside of work so I'm not dependent on drinking at weekends, but obviously if you're used to being a pub environment often it's tough when all your mates are drinking.

Has anyone else jacked it in?

I will drink to that!

SillyBilly

There is a different between getting rat-arsed and being a seasoned drinker. I used to be a binge drinker in my 20's (never touched a drop apart from Fri/Sat night, I'd even generally refuse a glass of wine with a meal etc.). That was a very bad relationship to have with drink. I wouldn't change it though, had a right laugh.

Now I just get f**ked on worknights instead with supermarket bought beer.

I've been away from uni for about a year now and I just prefer to sit in with a few beers and watch the telly. 

Suppose it's whether you like a drink without having to get p*ssed up, which I do but know many that dont.

Might have to start hitting the vodka on nights in, in prepartion for being back at uni in September. 

Give up the crap pub lagers and develop a taste for Belgian Trappist beers.

I find that a couple of bottles of Orval, Westmalle Tripel or Chimay White makes a perfect end to any day.

Give up the crap pub lagers and develop a taste for Belgian Trappist beers.

I find that a couple of bottles of Orval, Westmalle Tripel or Chimay White makes a perfect end to any day.

develop an expensive hobby as well.

You can't blame people for buying cheap booze.

develop an expensive hobby as well.

You can't blame people for buying cheap booze.

No, but I can mock them

Just had a few days away and never touched any. I could say it was hard but I'd be lying. It just felt wierd drinking coke, not lager and we still had a great time. Just proves you don't have to be trollied to have a good time.

But I'm different to Asanovic, I don't have to be trolleyed to argue with somebody, that comes naturally to me. If they've acted like a tool, they'll get told.

not them sort of fags..

You still struggling Mo55y? Have you tried an E-cig or one of the flavoured ones? Dav had one yesterday and it smelt like donuts, very odd. turns out it was vanilla.Think I'd have tried to eat it ;-)

Asanovic, have you tried the alcohol free stuff like Becks Blue? You get the taste, have less sugar but no hangover. It works for me :-)

All I'll say is that Ladyrams real name is Stella.

That's all I'll say. ;)

I have a glass with me name etched on it too. Very stylish.

Heehee

its not a dainty half pint glass is it?

No. It's a pint glass but it's never filled more than halfway.

Honest.

Archived